What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 3/31/2022 at 5:57 PM, Krapow said:

Just got another 5 year fix on the only property i have still with a mortgage, there's 7 years left on it.

The 5 year fix i was on wasn't up until end of Dec, but i got another for the princely sum of £5 more each month, which considering which way interest rates are going and how volatile things are in general, i was well pleased with. No fees either, just straight mortgage switch, slight increase in interest rate. 

Had to pay a small early release fee, but considering i got another 5year at just £5 more a month, and for peace of mind with high inflation and rates climbing to combat it, i was happy to pay it. 

Once that finishes, they'll only be 2 years on it, could just pay it all off in one go if need be. 

^^^^^^^^^

Start of March i did that.

What a fucking call, Krapow! :default_goodjob:

As it currently stands, over the 5 years i'll have saved myself about £4000 or £5000, but it'll be worse, much worse. By the time i could've got a new deal in October without paying a small early release, it'll be another £1000 on that over the 5 years, easy. 

• Like 2

Just got back from a Richard Ascroft concert at the Crystal Palace Bowl.

Never heard of him, apparently he was the singer.with The Verve. A friend offered me a ticket earlier today, so why not. Quite enjoyed the gig although the only song I recognised was ' "the drugs don't work anymore"

Was a nice open air event and a warm breeze filled the air. 

IMG-20220806-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20220806-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20220806-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20220806-WA0003.jpg

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just got back from a Richard Ascroft concert at the Crystal Palace Bowl.

Never heard of him, apoarently was singercwith The Verve. A friend offered me a ticket earlier today, so why not. Quote enjoyed the gig although the only song I recognised was ' the drugs don't work anymore'

Was a nice open air event and warm breeze filled the air. 

IMG-20220806-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20220806-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20220806-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20220806-WA0003.jpg

Surprised you didn't recognise this one 

Just heading back to London from seeing family and friends.

Finn's looking a bit worse for wear these days, few scars showing. 

Have to sit in the chair and make a wish. I was gonna wish no delays in my flights, but kept it more realistic and asked for the lottery numbers ...

Screenshot_20220808-145534_Photos.jpg

Group Fitness class. 8 weeks and now one week in. Monday and Friday are weights (but not heavy), flexibility mid-week and mobility at the weekend - 4 days. Aiming to lose 4kg, but fairly hungry now...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Painter said:

Saying farewell to a lovely old chap from the sailing club. 88, fit as a fiddle, still single handedly sailing a 30 footer, including rowing half a mile to get to it.... failed to wake up 10 days ago.

Funeral was afloat, instructions said " come by water if you can" .... and about 25 boats did, plus a lot ashore.

RIP ol' chap.

20220810_113422.jpg

Sounds like the perfect way to go 

• Thumbs Up 1

Been sitting on the helideck here in germany 20 minutes out from land,roasting !! 3 weeks off tomorrow,cant get flight back to aberdeen from amsterdam,,,fri or sat some of the crew going via glasgow,,feck that,got them to book me flight to geneva and 1 night hotel,,was planning going back anyhow the following week so saves me the cash,been busy booking trains, hotel and mountain lodge earlier,hike up a few mountains around zermatt,and up to the matterhorn cant wait,end sep thailand :)

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Watching "Saving Private Ryan" for the umpteenth time whilst trying to convince the TW the best way to book flights to Los is to book direct with the airline right now. 

Might as well be talking to the fucking piss pot. 

So, after her finding all the flights that are shite including Thai Airways at nearly £850 per person I booked direct with Turkish Airlines. £ 560 each return. 

6 weeks in Los to look forward to I hope..... Visa application pending. 

Back to my movie now !!!! 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1