What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Home from my travels now and spent some time yesterday clearing some snow by hand so I could get the container doors open and bring out the tractor; my house sitter had already moved enough snow for me to get my vehicle out and running but this part was up to me:

rsz_img_1781.jpg

rsz_img_1784.jpg

So I get that done and wake up this morning to falling snow - it's been snowing almost all day with about 2cm on the ground now, just what I need...grrrr......surprisingly, most of the snow accumulation in these photos has been just in the last month. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Home from my travels now and spent some time yesterday clearing some snow by hand so I could get the container doors open and bring out the tractor; my house sitter had already moved enough snow for me to get my vehicle out and running but this part was up to me:

rsz_img_1781.jpg

rsz_img_1784.jpg

So I get that done and wake up this morning to falling snow - it's been snowing almost all day with about 2cm on the ground now, just what I need...grrrr......surprisingly, most of the snow accumulation in these photos has been just in the last month. 

Gord, glad you made it home safely again. You certainly had a great time here and was great to meet up with you again. Normal for this time of year to get that much snow? 

Did you leave any broken hearts here in Thailand again? LOL! 

All the best......are you a Bryan Adams fan? He is from Canada you know? 

DSCN9852.JPG

• Like 2

I've got a sore stomach this morning.

I didn't have my morning poop yesterday so was a miserable old cuss all day. It is very rare this happens , maybe once a year I miss a day.

So last night, I had 2 fitnee tea bags, a pack of sweetened Makaam (tamarind), loads of olives and all day I was eating green veggie/sweetcorn/carrots..

This morning the dam burst and my intestines have been thoroughly cleaned out... But I hurt..really fucking hurt..

• Sad 3

52 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Sat in Eva lounge in Swampy after it took 90 minutes to clear security and immigration.

Are you travelling Business? If so, did you get any better treatment going through Security/Immigration?

• Thumbs Up 1

What I assume to be a bad cold/flu virus is making the rounds in Pattaya. Been hearing the tell tale hacking cough in some of the places I frequent over the past two weeks and now have caught it. Pretty sure it's just the usual, run of the mill cold/flu as I've tested negative for Covid. Only tested myself out of curiosity as even if positive I wouldn't be doing anything different. Just staying home to avoid paying it forward.

• Thumbs Up 5

12 hours ago, maipenrai said:

rsz_img_1781.jpg

rsz_img_1784.jpg

Where's the tractor?Screenshot_20230326_182224_Chrome-overlay.jpg (1).png

On 3/25/2023 at 1:28 AM, Yessongs said:

Last night met up with a former gal pal of mine for dinner that I met from the gym I joined here when arriving in Jan 2016. Have not seen her in 4 years. So finally got to catch up with her. She is now at another gym and not the one I am at now...sadly. Great gal, Masters Degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Air Traffic Control at Swampy, works both the Main Tower and Radar Control Room. After dinner we all went over to "Promenade" and saw "John Wick, Chapter 4"  Dam, Keanu Reeves is one bad ass Mother Fucker in this movie! 

Next Thursday on one of her days off, she is meeting us at the tower and will show us the entire operation, no cameras or video of any kind are allowed. I am looking forward to see this operation for sure. 

IMG_2536 .jpg

Is your gal pal single 🙂

13 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Gord, glad you made it home safely again. You certainly had a great time here and was great to meet up with you again. Normal for this time of year to get that much snow? 

Did you leave any broken hearts here in Thailand again? LOL! 

All the best......are you a Bryan Adams fan? He is from Canada you know? 

DSCN9852.JPG

Yes, we often get a lot of snow in March.

Broken hearts - maybe...

And yeah, I don't mind most of Bryan Adams' music - he's got an exceptional guitar player, Keith Scott, who has been with him for decades; my live concert history is pathetic compared to yours because of where I have lived so he is another act that I never saw. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Zambo said:

Where's the tractor?Screenshot_20230326_182224_Chrome-overlay.jpg (1).png

The tractor is sitting in the container, just hard to spot because of the contrast with the bright snow outside - I didn't bring it out because I want to plug the block heater in for a while first and I had other plans for the rest of this day...

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Finally on the train heading home.

Glad you made it back safely Stu, you had a good tour for sure and enjoyed your pics. 

Great to finally meet you and perhaps we can do it again in the future. 

All the best...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Glad you made it back safely Stu, you had a good tour for sure and enjoyed your pics. 

Great to finally meet you and perhaps we can do it again in the future. 

All the best...

Thanks Mike, suprising how fast 5 months went.

Got home at 0115 after a sleepless 24 hour journey and went straight to bed.

Slept good for 7 hours, so am back in the time zone straight away.

My neighbour who checks on my house for me had raised the heating up from 8 degrees to 20 degrees, so it has made my night very comfortable. Plus sleeping in your own bed is always nice.

I will find the cold and wet that awaits me outside very unpleasant,  but it still feels very good to be home. Time is on my side and as I lay here on my bed at 0800am I can hear the birds singing and the sun is shining through my bedroom window. This means that spring has arrived and it can only get warmer and that means I can dust off the fishing rods and perhaps the golf clubs too!

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3