What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Cheers mate.

Jan is my only family, and we’ve been through so much together, the deaths of her daughter Jenny and my girlfriend Grace.

For some reason I have really found it difficult this weekend, I just have to keep going as best I can.

My counselor Sian is calling me today so that will be good for me.

I understand. I lost my first brother when I was seven. There is no question it had a tremendous impact on me, especially at that age.

I can go on, the list is long, but I won't.

For some reason I have been able to carry on, struggle through the painful moments and then move on. I suppose I enjoy the smells and sights of life too much.

I have a brother and sister, although I don't see them often we exchange communication daily. The are getting "up there" in years. Sometimes I get almost numb thinking about how I am going to endure their losses, it is overwhelming at times.

I think somehow I will find a way. As will you.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Had a very productive morning sorting out home insurance, declaring current medical conditions to my insurance and a couple of other things.

Got the all clear from the doctor yesterday with regards my suspect hernia and also went and gave blood for my BP meds kidney check. If that comes back OK it is all systems go to get on with my life.

Got a fishing trip coming up so I can now focus on sorting out my tackle, bait and food for the week.

Need to cut the grass and clean the pond filter before I go so that may get done this afternoon or tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Had a very productive morning sorting out home insurance, declaring current medical conditions to my insurance and a couple of other things.

Got the all clear from the doctor yesterday with regards my suspect hernia and also went and gave blood for my BP meds kidney check. If that comes back OK it is all systems go to get on with my life.

Got a fishing trip coming up so I can now focus on sorting out my tackle, bait and food for the week.

Need to cut the grass and clean the pond filter before I go so that may get done this afternoon or tomorrow.

👍

Was down the beach earlier as well , Plemont 

IMG_0550.jpeg

then moved my Dads riser / recliner chair across the other side of the lounge for him ... heavy b'stard ... jarred my back ... hoping it's minor... taken a painkiller tablet and rubbed in some counterpain gel  🙏

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 2

Had a plumber here all of yesterday & a couple of hours this morning.Downstairs toilet radiator inop due to a blocked pipe.The idiots who built these houses put large bore pipes upstairs going to microbore downstairs,so you can guess where the blockage will be....then they compounded that by putting the join between the two behind a wall.Tried blowing & flushing to no avail so put in two external pipes.It was no big deal the rad not working but hopefully sometime in the future we'll be selling the house so decided to bite the bullet & get it done.

So that cost me a few bob & now further expenditure(& pain) as I woke up this morning with a raging toothache & have an appointment at 0845 tomorrow with our village dentist.Currently mainlining paracetamol & using Anbesol gel to try to numb it.

I was up at 0700 yesterday & today for the plumber,up early tomorrow for the dentist then Thurs again for a blood test at 0915....it's like being back at fucking work,roll on the weekend for a lie-in😂.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

38 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Was down the beach earlier as well , Plemont 

IMG_0550.jpeg

then moved my Dads riser / recliner chair across the other side of the lounge for him ... heavy b'stard ... jarred my back ... hoping it's minor... taken a painkiller tablet and rubbed in some counterpain gel  🙏

Did the same earlier.... jarred my back that is.... but changing the lawn mower blades at mums....

Got to be fit for the weekend, I'm running some racing for some idiots who want to go sailing.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just got off work after a busy night; non-stop for eleven hours straight, just one thing after another and I never even had time for a break but it sure helps the time go by quickly - first of four shifts then another four days off and the weather is gorgeous right now and is forecast to continue for the next few days. We could use some rain, though, as the bush is dry as tinder and several other parts of the country are burning up right now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Had a plumber here all of yesterday & a couple of hours this morning.Downstairs toilet radiator inop due to a blocked pipe.The idiots who built these houses put large bore pipes upstairs going to microbore downstairs,so you can guess where the blockage will be....then they compounded that by putting the join between the two behind a wall.Tried blowing & flushing to no avail so put in two external pipes.It was no big deal the rad not working but hopefully sometime in the future we'll be selling the house so decided to bite the bullet & get it done.

So that cost me a few bob & now further expenditure(& pain) as I woke up this morning with a raging toothache & have an appointment at 0845 tomorrow with our village dentist.Currently mainlining paracetamol & using Anbesol gel to try to numb it.

I was up at 0700 yesterday & today for the plumber,up early tomorrow for the dentist then Thurs again for a blood test at 0915....it's like being back at fucking work,roll on the weekend for a lie-in😂.

Micro bore is the bane of my life.

Worse thing they ever invented. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Micro bore is the bane of my life.

Worse thing they ever invented. 

This house was built in 1995 & they must've had the world's worst plumbers on the job,we've been here for 16 years & I've lost count of the amount of leaks we've had.

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

This house was built in 1995 & they must've had the world's worst plumbers on the job,we've been here for 16 years & I've lost count of the amount of leaks we've had.

I haven't suffered from leaks, but have had to have all the floor boards up several times to chop into the pipes to unblock them. 

All my rads are on micro bore. The 22mm main runs directly into a gatling gun arrangement each end. 

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks lovely and a decent pint of beer too!

Yes, and I shouldn't be drinking but after the walk I just wanted to sit in the hotel terrace bar and sample their local beer. Thankfully hasn't caused any inflammation of my nasal problems, probably the good air on the coast.

Probably go back there on Thursday with the wife for a another walk.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

In the pub in Reading before seeing a female Black Sabbath tribute band at Sub 89.

IMG_0317.jpeg

My beer of choice at my local due to being Type II. Either that or BECKS. Both are a passable drink with a splash of lemonade in it. Last pub visit was 7 weeks ago, but I have plans to go next Sunday night to meet up with the old crowd and enjoy their company. 
Sunday nights at my local are now invite only, so it’s a bit like a speakeasy of years past. Knock the door and wait to be let in, but always a real good evening with lots of jokes and banter flying around and free big selection of cheeses, cold cuts, pies, pickles and other offerings.

A friend and I take in a couple of curries, my offering is a huge pot of beef Masaman curry and rice and he does a green chicken curry, both of which go down well with the lads. 🤗

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Yes, i normally any 'teeth work' done in Thailand. Had a crown done, and always cleaning.

But kept myself registered with a NHS dentist nearby just incase like you i wake up with a raging toothache one morning. 

I went to them about 18months ago, just to get a check up and pay them private for cleaning as couldn't get to Thailand for a while due to Covid. They said i hadn't been there since 2016, there was a huge backlog, wouldn't see me, try again in a year or so. 

So was just passing today, tried my luck, they again said i hadn't been there since 2016. I said yea, i had tried 18months ago, but told try again in a couple of years. Guy was okay, got an appointment for a check up tomorrow, and he confirmed that will be me 'back on the books' so to speak. Mental trying to get a NHS dentist, none taking anyone on, you have to ring 111 and get sent wherever. So i'll pay the £25 NHS check up fee with pleasure tomorrow.

Oh, and he asked me was it okay that it's a female dentist? I said of course, thought to myself they should stop pandering to these Religious zealots. But more chance of me getting seen if the local hardcore Jews and Muslims won't get seen by a female. Hope she's a honey!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1