What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Was always Golden Delicious at home when I was a kid , but now I always seem to buy Pink Lady 

I like Pink Lady but once I have been eating these Granny Smiths, I have been unbale to go back. It is my go to fruit for my snack with drink when I am half way through my ridge walk. Tastes better after a 1 hour uphill walk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bob lt said:

I thought if I said UK passport holders someone would pick me up on it. 

For UK and several other nationalities the eVisa scheme is dropped for visits of 2 weeks. This is for passport holders/citizens, where you are "resident" has little to do with immigration matters.

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

How was the ice cream ... ? 555

Put your cards on your phone ( or just one of them ) .....I hardly get my wallet out these days  

I use Apple Pay for everything now, keep some cash in my phone case in case I need it, got about £90 in it.

Don’t even carry my wallet anymore.

Edited by galenkia
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

I use Apple Pay for everything now, keep some cash in my phone case in case I need it, got about £90 in it.

Don’t even carry my wallet anymore.

I hope it works better than Google pay. Hate the fu#king thing. Co#cksuckers IMO.

16 hours ago, Painter said:

Cursing my own stupidity. 

Went to that purveyor of fine foods....lidls.... to do a weekly shop. Got half way round and realised I'd forgotten my wallet, so no way of paying. Did what any sane adult would do, and hid the basket in the middle of lidl, and escaped home.

Returned 30 minutes later, and to my amazement the basket was still there, so I swpped it for the empty basket I now had, and continued my shopping

I find that saying this little ditty out loud helps before leaving the house on a shopping spree. 

Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch. 

😜

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

I find that saying this little ditty out loud helps before leaving the house on a shopping spree. 

Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch. 

😜

Ha ! I don't say that, but do it. Pisses me off when I forget my phone. Better than my balls though.  

😁

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just had a granny smith apple, forgot how delicious they are. Being get red apples for ages to keep the ladies happy but decided to buy green for a change.

I quite like Granny Smiths, but Coxs are my favourite, especially if very fresh.

• Thumbs Up 2

First time back since the place gave me COVID 14 months ago. Rough start, got bluffed twice for almost all my stack, but tripled up 5 minutes later and I’m positive for the night so far……a few more hours and I’m buying a nightclub in Cambodia 🇰🇭 

IMG_2277.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cursing other people's inefficiency....

I'm co-ordinating the patrol boats for a huge dinghy sailing event this week. Of course, to do that I need to know the patrol boats I have and who is crewing them.

When I asked about this list a month ago I was told that 3 people on the committee are dealing with it. This was repeated 2 weeks ago.

I've just reported in, and guess what? "Here's a list of boats, and another list of people. Thought you'd like to allocate them..."

That's gawd knows how many hours to sort, especially as there aren't enough people on the list, some are only doing a couple of days, some all week, and I'm going to have to try to pull in some favours....

I have made my displeasure known....

• Sad 4

54 minutes ago, Painter said:

Cursing other people's inefficiency....

I'm co-ordinating the patrol boats for a huge dinghy sailing event this week. Of course, to do that I need to know the patrol boats I have and who is crewing them.

When I asked about this list a month ago I was told that 3 people on the committee are dealing with it. This was repeated 2 weeks ago.

I've just reported in, and guess what? "Here's a list of boats, and another list of people. Thought you'd like to allocate them..."

That's gawd knows how many hours to sort, especially as there aren't enough people on the list, some are only doing a couple of days, some all week, and I'm going to have to try to pull in some favours....

I have made my displeasure known....

I'd help out, but I'm in the wrong time zone. And here I thought your board name was a reference to your profession and not a boat. :default_biggrin: