What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Sometimes I think that you live behind chesil beach but other times I think t'other side of the Solent. Do you own two houses (and a boat)???

Only 1 abode, overlooking  the Eastern end of the solent, plus the boat....

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, karon steve said:

I used to use chocolate to good effect in traps.

It's interesting as some rats definitely have a preference. He turned down a plumb flavoured fishmeal bait, but couldn't resist a pineapple one. I had moved the trap which may of made the difference,  but in the past, just a change of bait has worked. 

No way am I wasting chocolate on a trap. Lol

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I spent the last couple of days processing and storing firewood - I'm at least a month ahead on this project compared to previous years and what a pleasure it is to have it all done before everything gets covered with snow. Here's a load off to the splitter, and what a marvellous labour-saving device that is:

rsz_img_2093.jpg

rsz_img_2091.jpg

Then it's down the hatch until the basement storage area is full:

rsz_1img_2094.jpg

And the remainder - actually the bulk - gets stored in the tent:

rsz_img_2095.jpg

All ready for the winter wood-burning season, all I have to do now is clean up the mess.

That is some serious work, even with a splitter. I bet you are glad to have that out of the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I spent the last couple of days processing and storing firewood - I'm at least a month ahead on this project compared to previous years and what a pleasure it is to have it all done before everything gets covered with snow. Here's a load off to the splitter, and what a marvellous labour-saving device that is:

That was my job as a young boy..Walk to the nearby forest with a bow saw and a chopper, then drag back as many trunks and large trimmed branches as I could manage and cut them into firewood and kindling... Then back again the next day ..

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That was my job as a young boy..Walk to the nearby forest with a bow saw and a chopper, then drag back as many trunks and large trimmed branches as I could manage and cut them into firewood and kindling... Then back again the next day ..

Worst natural disaster I have ever lived through was a horrific ice storm. Came on a Valentines Day. During the night every few minutes there would be a very loud crack (like a gunshot). The noise was from tree limbs snapping under the weight of the ice. 

The next morning my entire yard was covered with downed tree limbs. I was lucky to be able to push my way out of one of the doors. 

Temperatures dropped way below freezing and power was out for five days. Also no water since I was on a well and the pump didn't work. Downed power lines as far as the eye could see.

It took me weeks to clean up that mess. Learned how to handle a chain saw pretty good that year. Also used a bow saw and made some serious bon fires. Fcuk me that was hard work.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Worst natural disaster I have ever lived through was a horrific ice storm. Came on a Valentines Day. During the night every few minutes there would be a very loud crack (like a gunshot). The noise was from tree limbs snapping under the weight of the ice. 

The next morning my entire yard was covered with downed tree limbs. I was lucky to be able to push my way out of one of the doors. 

Temperatures dropped way below freezing and power was out for five days. Also no water since I was on a well and the pump didn't work. Downed power lines as far as the eye could see.

It took me weeks to clean up that mess. Learned how to handle a chain saw pretty good that year. Also used a bow saw and made some serious bon fires. Fcuk me that was hard work.

Is this a pitch for a disaster movie script? You need a girl in it or you've got no chance. I suggest the girl wanders in from the forest clothed in a bearskin bikini for warmth and you showed her your bow saw.

28 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Is this a pitch for a disaster movie script? You need a girl in it or you've got no chance. I suggest the girl wanders in from the forest clothed in a bearskin bikini for warmth and you showed her your bow saw.

It must include a dog too. With clever editing you could make two movies ...One a family friendly tear jerker and the other a '70s German cock jerker ...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It must include a dog too. With clever editing you could make two movies ...One a family friendly tear jerker and the other a '70s German cock jerker ...

Correct Glasseye needs to think back Earthquake, Towering Inferno, Debbie does Dallas. There's a way to sell these things.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Texas chainsaw massacre ...

Yes, we could call it Chiang Mai bowsaw massacre - but the snow making the "tree limbs snapping under the weight of the ice" might be unbelievable. Where is this set?

• Haha 1