What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

10 minutes ago, Painter said:

Just woken up wondering where the hell I was.... it was cold, it was quiet as there was no aircon noise.... the bed felt strange....

Then reality hit... and I turned the heating up a few degrees...

And whilst you were in the air the Baht crossed the 46 barrier ......

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It'll only go up for the next few months....

Expect it to fall dramatically in 6 months time.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

USD is up too. Hit my trigger point of 36 so initiated a transfer last night and the deposit hit my account this morning at 35.98. Happy days.

• Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am currently on the patio listening to Gladys Knight, eating fruit and watching M'Lady dig the garden!

She is rearranging the flower and herb bed out front.

Last night she dug up all of @galenkia's MIL Tongues and is moving them in a line at the front to provide shade for the flowers, herbs and shrubs that we bought at yesterday's local market whilst they grow..

Tonight the plan is to move to the back to plant 3 papaya trees (50 baht!) and 2 coconut trees (Free from a sister) and I will change from fruit to Leo and Samsong..

Life is tough sometimes but you learn to deal with it !!!

I love looking after plants,find it very therapeutic and rewarding. Having some nature in your life is great.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I went to the meeting in Hemingways but didn't get there until 3.45,expected to see a group of guys but there wasn't any.

Then I got a message saying it only lasted 45mins.....

Not sure what the point of that was.

• Sad 3

22 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I love looking after plants,find it very therapeutic and rewarding. Having some nature in your life is great.

I have just been carrying sacks of manure from the gate to spots around the 2 Rai where it is needed later..... took me back to my younger days growing up in Dorset. Bloody loved it too !!!!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Well I went to the meeting in Hemingways but didn't get there until 3.45,expected to see a group of guys but there wasn't any.

Then I got a message saying it only lasted 45mins.....

Not sure what the point of that was.

Sorry we missed you, I was looking forward to meeting you there but yes, we generally don't spend much more than an hour together. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been sitting on Twickenham Green as it’s quiet nice today.

Saw this young lad around 20 getting nicked. Looked off his face on something. Three police around him and I think they carted him off for his own good.

😀

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Sorry we missed you, I was looking forward to meeting you there but yes, we generally don't spend much more than an hour together. 

But great to meet you later on!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mate sent me a picture of his afternoon drink today at the Centara Hotel, Hua Hin. I am envious, but also surprised that he paid only 115 baht for a small beer inclusive of ++. It was happy hour between 4-5.30 pm.

Now I know you can get it cheaper, but a drink at a beautiful hotel like the Centara for that price is well worth the visit. He spent a relaxing 70 minutes at the hotel, they even offer up decent snacks to accompany the beer, no salted peanut crap. Pretty nice view as well.

Centara.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have just been carrying sacks of manure from the gate to spots around the 2 Rai where it is needed later..... took me back to my younger days growing up in Dorset. Bloody loved it too !!!!

You have spent much of your life being in the shit then Mr. Dangle ???

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

You have spent much of your life being in the shit then Mr. Dangle ???

Too fucking true mate!

To continue with the Lotus Eaters analogy mentioned earlier by @fygjam, I have lived a life of danger, adventure and travel. So much so that I make Odysseus look like a stay-at-home Mom !!!

Time to live in the moment from now on ...

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have lived a life of danger, adventure and travel. So much so that I make Odysseus look like a stay-at-home Mom !!!

Pattaya can be like that.

• Haha 2

Now waiting for the gas bottle delivery guy to come back.

He left a few minutes ago after delivering a fresh bottle. While making the delivery my three dogs took off through the open gate to be with my lady who was a couple of houses down visiting with a friend. After the delivery guy left I walked down to see if she wanted to keep the dogs there and mentioned the gate was opened while the gas guy made a delivery. I had to laugh when she said what delivery, she hadn't called the gas company.

Turns out the guy delivered to the wrong address, but I had just assumed my lady had called them and left to visit the neighbor knowing I could handle the delivery and payment. Thus I'm now waiting for him to come back and return our still partially full gas bottle, and the 460B I paid him.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Haha 5
  • Surprised 1