What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just got back from a 90 minute blast on the bike before the roads get too busy and it gets too hot.Meant to hit 31 by me today.

Fucking ice cream van better come round today.😀

Think it is a quick walk to the park to feed the birds today. Can't handle the sun too much and the heat is horrible (never thought I would say that in the UK).

Think I will concentrate on preparing a Sunday roast.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thinking of going down to carnival, innit, but my stab proof vest is at the dry cleaners!

You can't say that on this forum, that's racist :matron:

Naw, i'd go to children's day, but not the main day. Yogi's been calling me all morning want me to go with him, throw some shapes ...

• Haha 3

On the phone to HMRC

They sent me a bill to say they miscalculate my last tax bill and there's a short fall.

Told them a can't pay it due to my illness with cancer and the very nice lady said its ok i've given you a year to pay it...

• Like 1

Not now, but last night.... went to the pub by boat. Didn't get there, as calculated the time of high water incorrectly  (!), but had several g+t s en route....

That's the IoW lurking behind the mist. 

20190826_192341.jpg

Took these with phone on the return trip...

20190826_195622.jpg

20190826_193149.jpg

20190826_192704.jpg

20190826_192400.jpg

20190826_192057.jpg

20190826_192047.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just got 2 emails from Philippine Airlines telling me they are sorry but they have made changes to my flights in December, of course straightaway you get that 'bloody hell' feeling but it wasn't bad. 

First email was advising me 'sorry but your seat number has changed', thew that wasn't bad. I was 40A but now in 42K, probably change of aircraft.

Second email was an actual flight time change from Manila to Bangkok. Email said 'we are sorry to inform you that your flight time has changed from leaving Manila at 1425 to 1500',  think i can handle that.

Had it been Cebu Pacific I would have been really worried, probably would have changed flight by a day.....

Edited by Horizondave

Just booked myself and Kataleya to Thailand for Christmas and New Year. After hearing views on Air China here and from my brother (forgot he traveled on them 2 years back) I bit the bullet and reserved the flights through Travel Trolley.  I have used Travel Trolley before when I booked EVA Air with them back in January.and was very impressed then.

Total cost £1146 for an adult and child but good dates for school hols as leaving 19 December and returning 03 January. OK I have 7 hours in Beijing and 17 hours in Shanghai but for both I have no problem especially Shanghai as I intend to go into town and pretend to be Namps.

I was looking at Korean Air for over £2272 and most of the direct ones such as BA, Thai and EVA were even more expensive. 

I booked because my travel window both days is quite restrictive if I wish to make the best of the holidays.

My original thought was to go on Shenzhen Airlines and back on Air China, that would have been £1059 but just seen too many negative reviews of Shenzhen so settled on both ways Air China.

Well happy.