What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Watching the football WC Final of 1966 on C4.

Annoyingly they keep having people giving their expert views.....annoying except when it was Sir Geoff Hurst of course.

Was just chatting to my Dad and talking about the match , he was watching down the pub with his Dad and my Mum brought them sandwiches at half time ( she was working nearby ) 555

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Was just chatting to my Dad and talking about the match , he was watching down the pub with his Dad and my Mum brought them sandwiches at half time ( she was working nearby ) 555

I was 12 & watched it at home with my mum & dad.Still nearly shed a tear today when the last goal went in.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I was on a coach with my mother and brother heading for Paignton in Devon, we were listening to a small radio which packed up just as it seemed we heard Germany score the equaliser at the end of normal time. It was only when we got off the bus in Paignton that we heard that England had won, I was just 11 at the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was looking at sites on Google for buying/leasing cars, I was not logged into my Google account at the time, i had logged out.  I then go onto Facebook and every other advert is now a car dealership offer for leasing or buying a car, this is the first time I have been seeing these type of ads. So even logging out of Google still seems to direct adverts to my Facebook account.

I don't suffer from big brother syndrome but thought it funny what info they pick up about me when online.

12 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I was on a coach with my mother and brother heading for Paignton in Devon, we were listening to a small radio which packed up just as it seemed we heard Germany score the equaliser at the end of normal time. It was only when we got off the bus in Paignton that we heard that England had won, I was just 11 at the time.

I was also 11 at the time and watched it at home with Dieter and Helmut ,  2 German engineers who were lodging at our house, they had come from Germany to carry out maintenance on Machinery at Lever Bros factory where my dad worked, I can still smell the Gitanes they used to smoke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

I was 12 & watched it at home with my mum & dad.Still nearly shed a tear today when the last goal went in.

I was 11 and I did shed a tear when the 4th goal went in.

But that was nothing compared to when Bobby Charlton scored with that long shot against Mexico in the group stages. Really cried with happiness when that one went in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Not Scotland 😀

And by feck we have never been allowed to forget 🤣 Aye played every game at home(wembley). Even the cheatin greetin South Americans have never tried that one.

Although we did become unofficial world champions in 1967 when we beat them. (small mercies and all that !!)

• Like 1

Just writing a letter to my local MP, namely Boris Johnson.  Need to let him know my thoughts on the IHS (International Health Surcharge) and why I believe they should drop this for spouse visas.  As my wife already pays taxes and national insurance it would seem she is paying twice for the privilege of using the National Health Service.

I am writing the letter firstly because it is going to be raised from £400 a year to £624 a year in October 2020. It was only £200 a year up until 08 January 2019. I am also writing the letter due to the fact that the NHS staff and care workers are being spared from paying this charge after lobbying of unions and charities, they are also lobbying to have this reduced or stopped for all other persons applying for visas that presently have this payment as part of their visa process.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seeing Police getting chased and bottled in Whitehall, and these cunts trying to burn the Union flag at the Cenotaph, nevermind pulling a statue down. 

More we let these ANTIFA and other associated scum get away with, the more they will push it. 

But the Police will be under orders, plus 200 phone cameras pointed at them for any mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Binlid said:

I was also 11 at the time and watched it at home with Dieter and Helmut ,  2 German engineers who were lodging at our house, they had come from Germany to carry out maintenance on Machinery at Lever Bros factory where my dad worked, I can still smell the Gitanes they used to smoke.

Great smokes ... I still get a couple cartons every 2 months ....

Decided to wash the brown camouflage stripes off my black car....

Moved the car to where the hose would reach. Laid the hose out and got to work.

After about 10 minutes noticed the hose had developed a couple of pin hole leaks....that were shooting water about 8 feet.... straight into my open patio doors....

One soaked carpet.

Bugger.

Moral of the story.... don't bother washing car in the future!

• Haha 4
  • Surprised 1