What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Caught much or are the fish still social distancing ? 😉 

We think the otters have killed most of the fish, but as my big lake is closed I thought I would give it a go. Lots of nature, squirrels playing in the trees and I had a kingfisher on my rods last night so he seems to be catching more than me.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Just watched Bayern Munich wrap up their 8th league title in a row. Some achievement.

104336827_4056004131137297_1413639950789855600_o.jpg

Just a question Chris, have you always been a Bayern fan or is this something to do with your travels etc...just odd to see a Brit supporting a German team even though they are a good team?

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just a question Chris, have you always been a Bayern fan or is this something to do with your travels etc...just odd to see a Brit supporting a German team even though they are a good team?

@Horizondave

Been supporting them since 1984 when i was 10 years old and living in Gutesloh in Germany at the time. Dad was in the RAF. You could only get English papers 2 days late back then, and no English football on tv, so seeing as the Bundesliga was constantly on TV it was easier to support a German team over anyone other team. Back in those days you also didn't have SKY or any other kind of satellite TV either!

Edited by Sherlock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Been a good day.

Filled in all my forms for the Insolvency Service to apply for any redundancy money.  Spoke with my pension provider who advised they were paying a nice tidy sum into my bank account tonight, thank you and tax free.

Had a fondue with a nice bottle of Soave followed by Brandy and Cider Christmas pudding with a Bird's brandy custard sauce.

The wife is in a good mood after having a few and has just told me she is happy to 'take more than a knee'  lol.

Life is good

• Like 3

Just installed Windows 10 release 2020 ... pretty easy upgrade ... but, big problems with the Intel Graphics Command Center software ... the hardware drivers are a mess ( finding the correct release ) for your laptop hardware ... still not 100% sorted yet

Had to uninstall VMWare ... for some reason the new release would not install with this mandatory piece of software on my laptop ... anyway just uninstalled , installed the new release and re-installed VMWare ....

After getting rid of all of the bloatware ... changing some system settings ( a lot of system settings ) , and turned off all of MS spying shit ... my laptop boots up in less than 7 seconds

But, I think I will leave the current release of Windows 10 on my other laptops ... nothing in the new release compels me to go through the hassle 

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

15 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Just installed Windows 10 release 2020 ... pretty easy upgrade ... but, big problems with the Intel Graphics Command Center software ... the hardware drivers are a mess ( finding the correct release ) for your laptop hardware ... still not 100% sorted yet

Had to uninstall VMWare ... for some reason the new release would not install with this mandatory piece of software on my laptop ... anyway just uninstalled , installed the new release and re-installed VMWare ....

After getting rid of all of the bloatware ... changing some system settings ( a lot of system settings ) , and turned off all of MS spying shit ... my laptop boots up in less than 7 seconds

But, I think I will leave the current release of Windows 10 on my other laptops ... nothing in the new release compels me to go through the hassle 

Saw the Welsh First Minister advise that he hopes that tourism will be started within 3 weeks, that has made me happy as I am looking to move to that part of the Union as soon as is realistic.  Need a reconnaissance trip first before the end of July and then hopefully move to a new home during the school holidays so before September.

Of course things can change but that was good news today.

• Like 2