What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just now, boydeste said:

I spent ages not wanting to shave my head. Once I did it I have never grown my hair since. Easy to maintain and everyone thought I looked younger which is a bonus me thinks!

Going to go for it later on I think 😂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I spent ages not wanting to shave my head. Once I did it I have never grown my hair since. Easy to maintain and everyone thought I looked younger which is a bonus me thinks!

Another solar powered sex machine.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, JPK said:

Just got these delivered this morning, not had a haircut in 12 weeks. Don’t know if I should wait it out or shave the lot of it off.  Getting that bad I’m getting the start of a mini mullet at the back 😂 Not had a skinhead in about 20 years 😂 sitting thinking if I should shave the lot off 😀

8B812C67-830D-494C-9658-B50C28C34F93.jpeg

15929964269918975181334541045585.jpg

I bought one of these a couple of months ago... it took a month to arrive! Once I'd plucked up the courage I went for a grade 5, as that's nearly what I usually get. Wasnt too difficult... although obviously I cant see the back!

I reckon another 2 cuts and it'll have paid for itself....

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Can you do mine too!

Haha i'm shitting myself to do my own. I was looking on Facebook and there's a guy from the local Turkish barbers that will come and do it in your house for £30,  I maybe just give him a bell😂

The barbers up here don't officialy open up in Scotland until 15 July 😂

4 hours ago, JPK said:

Just got these delivered this morning, not had a haircut in 12 weeks. Don’t know if I should wait it out or shave the lot of it off.  Getting that bad I’m getting the start of a mini mullet at the back 😂 Not had a skinhead in about 20 years 😂 sitting thinking if I should shave the lot off 😀

Just dont shave your balls with it, I did once and chewed my sack to pieces. 😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JPK said:

Haha i'm shitting myself to do my own. I was looking on Facebook and there's a guy from the local Turkish barbers that will come and do it in your house for £30,  I maybe just give him a bell😂

The barbers up here don't officialy open up in Scotland until 15 July 😂

I've been doing  mine for a couple of months. 

Number 2 back and sides, half inch on top. 

Only bit that's tricky is the back as you can't see if it's a major f**k up or not, i get the missus to do that and shout at her if i've already f***d up the rest 😬

• Haha 1

Just booked the Dartmouth steam railway and river cruise leaving from Paignton on 09 July. I got 50 pence off as a senior concession. You need to be 65 to get the concession and that date, 09 July, will be my 65th birthday. My brother tells me this is a really good trip to take and I will enjoy it, haven't been in Paignton since I was 11.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JPK said:

Go for the 1 inch cut if you have the comb to fit, that's what I did so as not to make myself look like a human version of a cotton bud.You can then grade down from there, plus it makes it easier but a bit more messy wrt hair everywhere though,

The Wahl is a great little set , for the back of your head, my advice would be to make multiple passes, it's the best way I found. My daughter did also help me square the back of my neck off, just to deal with the growth at the base of the head, that might be the only time you need a mate or someone to help.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, JPK said:

I have one those an earlier mode. Never cut my hair with it but great for beards. Had mine a while now and still working. WHAL are excellent quality. Look after it and will last for years.

Hairdressers open very soon. I would be careful if using it for the first time though. I also use mine shave my front bottom area to a number 3.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Poof!!. 

Easy to get to from London, an hour on the train from London Bridge.

Some real cheap hotel deals. 

Toying with 2 weeks in Spain end of August, but see how the restrictions over there are impacting things first. 

Quarantine will be lifted on a good few countries on Monday.

Daughter told me today she wanted to go to the pool. But need to know the kid's pools with slides etc will still be open. I don't know that they will, all the surfaces. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Some real cheap hotel deals. 

Toying with 2 weeks in Spain end of August, but see how the restrictions over there are impacting things first. 

Quarantine will be lifted on a good few countries on Monday.

Daughter told me today she wanted to go to the pool. But need to know the kid's pools with slides etc will still be open. I don't know that they will, all the surfaces. 

Hopefully there will be cheap hotel deals here to get people staying here. 

My birthday is September 1st so would like a few days in Poole for that, take a ride down there and spend the day's exploring the area. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have one those an earlier mode. Never cut my hair with it but great for beards. Had mine a while now and still working. WHAL are excellent quality. Look after it and will last for years.

Hairdressers open very soon. I would be careful if using it for the first time though. I also use mine shave my front bottom area to a number 3.

Pics?.

20 hours ago, Krapow said:

Do you expect social distancing measures on the train - e.g. all seats have to be booked?

Pre-Covid, the trains to and from Brighton were often very crowded. Personally, I wouldn't fancy risking it, unless the seats were booking-only.

I had my first post-lockdown experience of using trains and a bus yesterday. Many people were NOT wearing masks, and the bus was too crowded for social distancing at all. The trains seats were NOT booking only; I guess that would not be feasible on commuter services.

Many people travelling were below the age of 30, and those are the ones who seem the most reluctant to follow the rules.

• Great Info 2

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Do you expect social distancing measures on the train - e.g. all seats have to be booked?

Pre-Covid, the trains to and from Brighton were often very crowded. Personally, I wouldn't fancy risking it, unless the seats were booking-only.

I had my first post-lockdown experience of using trains and a bus yesterday. Many people were NOT wearing masks, and the bus was too crowded for social distancing at all. The trains seats were NOT booking only; I guess that would not be feasible on commuter services.

Many people travelling were below the age of 30, and those are the ones who seem the most reluctant to follow the rules.

The buses in my part of London are actually quite strict with having 10 people on a single decker and 20 people on a double decker! I've had number of buses drive past me as they claimed to be "full"!

8 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

The buses in my part of London are actually quite strict with having 10 people on a single decker and 20 people on a double decker! I've had number of buses drive past me as they claimed to be "full"!

Have seen several buses sail bast stops leaving people stranded here in NW London. I've not been on public transport for about 3 weeks prior to lockdown till now.

Reading Bazle's experience I'll be keeping it that way until the infection rate drops significantly 🤞