What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

21 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Just installed Windows 10 release 2020 ... pretty easy upgrade ... but, big problems with the Intel Graphics Command Center software ... the hardware drivers are a mess ( finding the correct release ) for your laptop hardware ... still not 100% sorted yet

Had to uninstall VMWare ... for some reason the new release would not install with this mandatory piece of software on my laptop ... anyway just uninstalled , installed the new release and re-installed VMWare ....

After getting rid of all of the bloatware ... changing some system settings ( a lot of system settings ) , and turned off all of MS spying shit ... my laptop boots up in less than 7 seconds

But, I think I will leave the current release of Windows 10 on my other laptops ... nothing in the new release compels me to go through the hassle 

I was requested by Window update to install Windows 10 2020 a week ago, but held off and checked on several forums, most of which advised waiting until Microsoft sorted out the bugs in it. 
Glad I checked first. 

I switched off Auto update 2 years ago and have always preferred to do a manual update instead. 

My laptop takes about 30 seconds to boot, but that’s probably because I have everything except my firewall and Windows defender/virus turned off at start. 

Just viewing a concert at Wembley Arena from 2019. Babymetal playing. I really don't know why I've not changed channels by now because I just don't get the concept! 

I thought this sort or stuff would appeal to mainly young teenagers but judging by what I see in the audience it appeals to adults as well. 

Weird stuff 

5 hours ago, KhunDon said:

I was requested by Window update to install Windows 10 2020 a week ago, but held off and checked on several forums, most of which advised waiting until Microsoft sorted out the bugs in it. 
Glad I checked first. 

I switched off Auto update 2 years ago and have always preferred to do a manual update instead. 

My laptop takes about 30 seconds to boot, but that’s probably because I have everything except my firewall and Windows defender/virus turned off at start. 

I run a swag of virtual machines including 4 Windows 10 systems. When I was doing "hot fix Wednesday" last week one system was offered the May 2020 feature update. They must be doing a the usual staggered release.

It's a virtual machine and not used for daily computing so what the heck. Haven't played with it much but no issues so far. I can now "cast" video files from the Windows 10 system to my MINIX box or TV. I guess I could cast to my phone as well if I had a client installed. The MINIX box uses AirPin.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

^^^^  I stopped using my MINIX box a couple years ago ... seems when I did use it for the NBA and NFL ( why watch the NBA and NFL now - more about f**king politics that the game itself  ) it took forever for the MINIX box to update itself ... just now go to youtube and get the 10 minute highlights of the NBA games ....

If there is a particular movie I want to watch ( not many ) I just download a torrent and I never watch TV ...

Maybe I didn't give the MINIX a fair evaluation .... but, waiting on something to download and update itself is not for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^  I stopped using my MINIX box a couple years ago ... seems when I did use it for the NBA and NFL ( why watch the NBA and NFL now - more about f**king politics that the game itself  ) it took forever for the MINIX box to update itself ... just now go to youtube and get the 10 minute highlights of the NBA games ....

If there is a particular movie I want to watch ( not many ) I just download a torrent and I never watch TV ...

Maybe I didn't give the MINIX a fair evaluation .... but, waiting on something to download and update itself is not for me

which minix box is it..?

What O/S is installed onto it..?

Depending on what box you have depends on if you can up date the O/S and this will allow you to install all the new and latest apps

• Great Info 1

Just got back from the Saturday Market in town.. 

Bought 2 large mangoes and 6 large peaches for £3.

A large walnut loaf, 2 large slices of cake, and a large sausage roll for £8.

3 large steaks for £10.

Your local market traders offer great food for great value.Use them or lose them. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Dropping off 5 bags of recycled beer cans and bottles. We save all the money and then the wife sends it over to a temple in Thailand that cares for children with HIV.caa953393ec739e8c1225bdd1a55415a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep drinking.

14 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Dropping off 5 bags of recycled beer cans and bottles. We save all the money and then the wife sends it over to a temple in Thailand that cares for children with HIV.caa953393ec739e8c1225bdd1a55415a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this daily or weekly ? 😉 

On 6/20/2020 at 9:40 AM, galenkia said:

Just got back from the Saturday Market in town.. 

Bought 2 large mangoes and 6 large peaches for £3.

A large walnut loaf, 2 large slices of cake, and a large sausage roll for £8.

3 large steaks for £10.

Your local market traders offer great food for great value.Use them or lose them. 

Good deals, but wee Jimmy Krankie up here is not letting markets open yet. Hope it is soon though.

• Thumbs Up 1