Hot enough for you?

fygjam

Well....last night here in the"burbs" of Bangkok, from about 3:00pm-6:00pm, it rained liked cats and dogs. Thunder/Lightning the whole gig......man what a welcome relief it is this morning here at 8:00am local time. Humidity cut in half ( it feels like) and this kind of summer weather here....I can deal with. 

Geng Mak! 

• Thumbs Up 1

The whole of Spain is basically suffering severe drought conditions.

No Spring rain at all to speak of and temperatures way above the average for this time of year. Many areas experiencing, or about to experience, temperatures in the high 30's C and touching 40C in places.

Favorite destination for holidaying Brits who may shortly find water restrictions and empty swimming pools in the near future.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Bangkok's on the UK news currently, saying it's over 40 and warnings to stay inside. 

I've noticed international news is usually a day or two behind current events for the locality they're reporting on.

Current temp for Bangkok is lower due to the storms yesterday and today.

image.png

51 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I've noticed international news is usually a day or two behind current events for the locality they're reporting on.

Current temp for Bangkok is lower due to the storms yesterday and today.

image.png

Like a Winter's day!

They were reporting from Spain as well, hitting 40 in Southern Spain already.

FB_IMG_1682499372617.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On my phone app yesterday it said it feels more like 44 with the humidity,and i was mostly on the coastal road ! ,hands and arms are well burnt today.Can yo still suffer from heat stroke,even tho you drink enough water and electrolytes ...yes it appears you can,so dont stay out to long topping up your vit d :)

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

On my phone app yesterday it said it feels more like 44 with the humidity,and i was mostly on the coastal road ! ,hands and arms are well burnt today.Can yo still suffer from heat stroke,even tho you drink enough water and electrolytes ...yes it appears you can,so dont stay out to long topping up your vit d 🙂

Long term exposure to any temperature over body temp, 37 ish can cause you problems, you are basically forcing a temperature on yourself and can suffer illness or death.

A few weeks ago I was in Korat fishing, sat in the shade drinking lots of water etc. Around midday I started to feel quite ill. On checking the temperature it was 44 degrees. I cranked up a big fan and started to feel much better after an hour or so!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

Long term exposure to any temperature over body temp, 37 ish can cause you problems, you are basically forcing a temperature on yourself and can suffer illness or death.

A few weeks ago I was in Korat fishing, sat in the shade drinking lots of water etc. Around midday I started to feel quite ill. On checking the temperature it was 44 degrees. I cranked up a big fan and started to feel much better after an hour or so!

Yes, absolutely.

Last 4 days at 12 noon - 102, 104, 104, 104  f    real temp. Two days ago the "feel like" temp was 129. I have never lived through a heat wave like this.

This evening had very heavy rains, thunder... for quite a long time. I am happy to be getting the rains. But the heat always returns in the day. What I fear is power outages. 

Went for a bike ride today. Each way about twenty minutes. Stopped at a 7/11, got in the shade, walked into the a/c, bought a gatorade and drank that down as I wiped off the sweat (cool down time about 15 minutes). Got back on the bike and returned home. 

I am thinking for the time being I should be only doing my rides in the early morning or evening.

--------------------------------------------------

This heat spell reinforces my views on the influence weather has on cultures. Why things are so much slower paced here, and why so many things are half way finished, etc.    

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

In the 16 years i've been living here i've never known it be so hot, its incredibly uncomfortable.

I told a mate this who's in the uk just now but comes a few times each year,glad I'm not the only one who thinks this,usually I'm pretty resilient but jeez,couple of days ago the drive back from cha am to hua hin stopping 3 times to shelter from the sun is unheard of.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Yes, absolutely.

Last 4 days at 12 noon - 102, 104, 104, 104  f    real temp. Two days ago the "feel like" temp was 129. I have never lived through a heat wave like this.

This evening had very heavy rains, thunder... for quite a long time. I am happy to be getting the rains. But the heat always returns in the day. What I fear is power outages. 

Went for a bike ride today. Each way about twenty minutes. Stopped at a 7/11, got in the shade, walked into the a/c, bought a gatorade and drank that down as I wiped off the sweat (cool down time about 15 minutes). Got back on the bike and returned home. 

I am thinking for the time being I should be only doing my rides in the early morning or evening.

--------------------------------------------------

This heat spell reinforces my views on the influence weather has on cultures. Why things are so much slower paced here, and why so many things are half way finished, etc.    

Since the beginning of April I've changed my mid-morning rides and walks to early morning, butt crack of dawn, to avoid the heat.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 hours ago, Glasseye said:

This reminds me of my first and only visit to Angeles City in April 2003 - the heat was brutal and I noticed that workers on a building near to where I was staying would start at 0400 and finish for the day at noon. 

• Thumbs Up 2