Bad Farangs

Glasseye

27 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

That S*iss guy in Phuket really blew the door off things.

Asswipe !

One consequence is that they are investigating Thai Companies that are used to purchase businesses and Real Estate for Farang.. I think the report was on Friday and that they had found and were investigating 415 companies....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

One consequence is that they are investigating Thai Companies that are used to purchase businesses and Real Estate for Farang.. I think the report was on Friday and that they had found and were investigating 415 companies....

A friend of mine had to pay big money to "fix" the problem of his land and house purchase through a Thai business. It's a purchase he made many years ago. He's quite well off so he thinks the officials saw him as low hanging fruit to go after. The problem with paying to fix the problem now is there's no guarantee he won't be hit up again in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

A friend of mine had to pay big money to "fix" the problem of his land and house purchase through a Thai business. It's a purchase he made many years ago. He's quite well off so he thinks the officials saw him as low hanging fruit to go after. The problem with paying to fix the problem now is there's no guarantee he won't be hit up again in the future.

Yep, I have tried to find the BP article but can't find it...

House purchase in Thai company name immediately sprung to mind when I read "Real Estate", although nothing in the article mentioned it directly.

Either way that prick on Phuket has opened up a right can of worms for a lot of people .... luckily not for me !!!

Found it ...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/general/2754401/nominee-search-turns-up-400-firms

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 3
  • Surprised 1

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My understanding (which might not be quite correct) is that if accurately drafted most of these contracts will be within the letter of the law, but not the intent of the law. If that's correct only a minor tweak to the law will make many of the contracts not acceptable ways for foreigners to own land/landed property.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Zambo said:

My understanding (which might not be quite correct) is that if accurately drafted most of these contracts will be within the letter of the law, but not the intent of the law. If that's correct only a minor tweak to the law will make many of the contracts not acceptable ways for foreigners to own land/landed property.

You know more than me mate. I haven't a clue. "My" property is in my daughter's name so I own f**k all which suits me fine.. Here the land and house belongs to M'Lady and is bugger all to do with me .. 

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You know more than me mate. I haven't a clue. "My" property is in my daughter's name so I own f**k all which suits me fine.. Here the land and house belongs to M'Lady and is bugger all to do with me .. 

My wife owns our house in Thailand, my thought was that with 2 kids if anything went seriously wrong who owned the house was the least of my problems.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yup, but why not make the most of a golden opportunity when it presents itself along with a wave of anti-farang sentiment .....??

Well said mate. It's palatable.

6 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Well said mate. It's palatable.

Who can blame them really with what has happened in the last week

- Arrogant Swiss kicking woman in the back yelling "f**k Off"............filming it and putting it on social media.

- Another Swiss punching shit out of an old lady that was using a zimmer frame to shop in Big C.

- A Brit chucking a glass at a woman feeding soi dogs.

They really are fucking it up for the rest of us !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If i was ever buying property in Thailand, it would be in the wife's name. Too easy for this shit to happen, nevermind an official change made by whatever Thai Gov. 

Not that i plan to buy any property or land in Thailand anyway. It would be 'long trips' whilst keeping everything registered as living in the UK. 

I have a small condo legally in my name for years now in Pattaya, but haven't been there in years, it's rented out. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Like everything living here in Thailand.....sometimes we all just shake our heads at what goes on here. 

Swear to God, if any person ( Swiss or otherwise) EVER kicked my wife anywhere for ANY reason, this particular persons brains will be all over the concrete, ready to ship back to his home country!

Absolutely !

That guy should consider himself lucky. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Pretty sure this old chestnut comes up every few years. I owned property with my British wife in Pattaya between 2004-2013. It was in a company name with nominee Thai directors, as well as myself and wife. 

I believed it was just a legal loophole used by many, and it was only a pain once a year when I had to pay fees and sign about 60 pieces of paper..

Quite a few times over those years there were stories about dodgy foreigners owning land and businesses and the authorities were going to clamp down; nothing every really happened, especially not to owners of houses.

• Like 2

Reminds me of the problem we had in Korat last time we were there(Sept/Oct 22) with an old Swiss nutcase.

He was badmouthing Thais in a German restaurant & was going to kill me with what looked like a baseball he had in his handbag😂.A total dickhead.

I posted about it on here at the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Quite a few times over those years there were stories about dodgy foreigners owning land and businesses and the authorities were going to clamp down; nothing every really happened, especially not to owners of houses.

Shit yeh ... same as those whingeing about work permits...Normally on ThaiVisa.

If ever nominee house purchases were truly investigated and punished, the Real Estate market would be in chaos. Hence nothing will ever happen.

However, if I was a farang business owner on Phuket I'd be wondering about my future...

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Reminds me of the problem we had in Korat last time we were there(Sept/Oct 22) with an old Swiss nutcase.

He was badmouthing Thais in a German restaurant & was going to kill me with what looked like a baseball he had in his handbag😂.A total dickhead.

Shit yeh (again)!

When I moved to Surin in '97 a Swiss guy got his throat cut at the Kap Choeng border because he'd been slagging off a bunch of Thai blokes in one of the food shops there. I had met him a few times in Surin City and he was a right arrogant, rude dickhead !!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Shit yeh (again)!

When I moved to Surin in '97 a Swiss guy got his throat cut at the Kap Choeng border because he'd been slagging off a bunch of Thai blokes in one of the food shops there. I had met him a few times in Surin City and he was a right arrogant, rude dickhead !!

No idea what gives rise to the entitled behaviour of some guys Derek, especially in a country where they're a guest. He paid the ultimate price for his stupidity though.

I don't see much of this in the Philippines, but I do avoid areas like AC etc where there's a larger concentration of foreigners. I'm aghast at the behaviour of the people you highlighted in your earlier post, they lack basic humanity let alone manners, and its not as if the actions are of rude kids either!.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've been travelling since 1975 when I was posted to Germany & my # 1 basic rule has always been never upset the locals as there are more of them than you.

As for the assholes who beat on Thai women they are the lowest.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 3/10/2024 at 9:04 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, I have tried to find the BP article but can't find it...

House purchase in Thai company name immediately sprung to mind when I read "Real Estate", although nothing in the article mentioned it directly.

Either way that prick on Phuket has opened up a right can of worms for a lot of people .... luckily not for me !!!

Found it ...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/general/2754401/nominee-search-turns-up-400-firms

The Swiss guy has pretty much sealed his own fate regarding his visa and he deserves it IMHO. 
Having the Phuket governor recalled over the issue to save face, is certain to ensure he’s out of the country as soon as the court case for assault is concluded. 
Trouble is, he’s stirred it up for many other Farang in Phuket and the government has got to be seen to do something about it. 

• Thumbs Up 6

15 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I remember it well Coxy, what a dickhead......

• Thumbs Up 1