Football

Thinkingallowed

4 hours ago, Esco said:

If he's on loan then likely his current club are going to pay the majority of his wages still. 

Loan deals can vary from a fraction of a players wages to nearly all of them.And some now even pay millions in loan fees for expensive value players.

Mental at times.

10 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

For an 18 month period I would be surprised if they agreed to pay anymore than half his wages.

Just read he's on a 130K a week contract lol what the actual fcuk. 

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

Look, there's not a chance Rangers will be paying anything even close to half his wages, not even close.

He is contracted to his parent club for the whole time anyway, so getting paid no matter, kicking a ball or not. 

He wasn't getting any game time, he definitely won't now as they have just signed Solanke.

He desperately wants to play games.

He has a great relationship with Howe, who has publicly stated Defoe has been a model Professional both on and off the pitch despite getting no game time, and he wants to help him in any way he can in what Defoe chooses to do.

Defoe and Gerrard are good mates. Obviously they have talked about this for a while, as the 'story' has been rumbling for a while. Gerrard has said come play for me, i'll guarantee you games, Defoe has said yes.

It's a win/win for everyone. He can also be called back if need be. 

Any EPL loan deal to Scotland, the parent Club will be paying by far the bulk of the wages, or it just wouldn't happen, that's the reality of wages in the EPL and the disparity between there and the SPL. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

But he also went on a free transfer , hence a larger salary 

But still. They signed a 34 year old on a three year contract and gave him 130k p/w. He's scored four goals for them. What a mental piece of business, who do they think they are? Newcastle United.

Edited by dcfc2007

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Look, there's not a chance Rangers will be paying anything even close to half his wages, not even close.

He is contracted to his parent club for the whole time anyway, so getting paid no matter, kicking a ball or not. 

He wasn't getting any game time, he definitely won't now as they have just signed Solanke.

He desperately wants to play games.

He has a great relationship with Howe, who has publicly stated Defoe has been a model Professional both on and off the pitch despite getting no game time, and he wants to help him in any way he can in what Defoe chooses to do.

Defoe and Gerrard are good mates. Obviously they have talked about this for a while, as the 'story' has been rumbling for a while. Gerrard has said come play for me, i'll guarantee you games, Defoe has said yes.

It's a win/win for everyone. He can also be called back if need be. 

Any EPL loan deal to Scotland, the parent Club will be paying by far the bulk of the wages, or it just wouldn't happen, that's the reality of wages in the EPL and the disparity between there and the SPL. 

Rumour is that rangers will be paying 40k p/w of his wages. He's scored four goals in 28 games for Bournemouth. His legs are kanckered and he's done, sure he'll probably score a few in thon Mickey mouse league. But rangers are back to their old tricks of throwing money around and trying to buy success. It all ended in tears last time and it will end in tears this time. Didn't learn their lesson, deserve the consequences.

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

Rumour is that rangers will be paying 40k p/w of his wages. He's scored four goals in 28 games for Bournemouth. His legs are kanckered and he's done, sure he'll probably score a few in thon Mickey mouse league. But rangers are back to their old tricks of throwing money around and trying to buy success. It all ended in tears last time and it will end in tears this time. Didn't learn their lesson, deserve the consequences.

Rumour is 🤣

Aye, you believe what you want, but i'd wager any amount of money that it won't be anything even close to that, not even close ffs.

40K lol, wouldn't even be half that. 

Enough of this nonsense ...

23 minutes ago, Esco said:

Speaking of SOCCER😎 @Esco, and i am sorry if you have previously answered this question somewhere in this thread, are you getting a chance to see your bro in law play live in T-1 here on your visit?

17 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Rumour is 🤣

Aye, you believe what you want, but i'd wager any amount of money that it won't be anything even close to that, not even close ffs.

You believe what you want mate.

Paying a 34 year old Steve Davis 15k p/w. They have lost the run of themselves again.

Going bust again.

1 hour ago, STARGAZER said:

Speaking of SOCCER😎 @Esco, and i am sorry if you have previously answered this question somewhere in this thread, are you getting a chance to see your bro in law play live in T-1 here on your visit?

He came to see us back home and turns out he's in the 1st quad of Surin under 19 right now. Still excellent and very proud of the lad. Hope to see him play in the Thai PL soon. 

FB_IMG_1546690746008.thumb.jpg.0d127db5bc1ca0e65951019e296d2641.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Rumour is 🤣

You have 16 year olds at Chelsea on well over £10k a week and i know that for a fact 100%.

Just now, Ivan the terrible said:

christ... thats so bad and very sad...where is the hunger?

Its why many players have no real desire to play.You have players in some premier team squads on 100k+ a week who barely kick a ball for the first team.

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

You have 16 year olds at Chelsea on well over £10k a week and i know that for a fact 100%.

Aye, crazy money, life changing for a family so hard to turn down, even though only a small percentage will make it at a Club like Chelsea who 'import' big stars.

Billy Gilmore who signed from Rangers just after his 16th birthday is doing well, signed a Professional contract with them at 17.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/former-rangers-starlet-billy-gilmour-signs-professional-contract-with-chelsea-1-4764417

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Aye, crazy money, life changing for a family so hard to turn down, even though only a small percentage will make it at a Club like Chelsea who 'import' big stars.

Billy Gilmore who signed from Rangers just after his 16th birthday is doing well, signed a Professional contract with them at 17.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/former-rangers-starlet-billy-gilmour-signs-professional-contract-with-chelsea-1-4764417

Never to be seen again except on loan in the Championship or lower.Probably had his head turned by his family and an agent promising him the world.

Look at Chelsea's track record of bringing through youngsters,loan out 25 a season and 95% will never start a first team game for Chelsea,not even in the league cup.

Many a player has f***d their career by chasing the money for a short contract at a big club.Scott Sinclair,Victor Moses,Shaun Weight Phillips,Fabian Delph etc are examples off the top of my head.

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

it is crazy money , but it shows the sucess of the premier league , at least the money is getting to the players rather than all staying in the pockets of the individuals or corporates that own the clubs 

Agents are earning more than majority of players.

Look at the Pogba transfer,half of the £90m went to the agent,some to the player,and about £35m to Juventus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Esco said:

Just heard he is on 6million a year basic at Bournemouth and my mate who is an agent said rangers will probably pay some of his wages about 30.000 a week. Howe wanted him gone 

• Haha 1