Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The sign is taking a very big artistic license on what WS will look like after they finish the project to bury the utilities

I am betting that it will look just like the sign is showing. When they did the wooden walk way on beach road  years ago they had a photo   of how the finished walk way would look. Well before they started I said to others no way will it look like those photos. Well it was dead on the same. So guessing the WS project will as well. Time will tell

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The sign is taking a very big artistic license on what WS will look like after they finish the project to bury the utilities.

https://pattayaone.news/new-look-pattaya-walking-street-expected-to-take-one-year/

Yep. No businesses in site - anywhere in that graphic and who wants to see drainage pipes.

Its just showing the 'infrastructure' works proposed, include the removal of overhead cables etc - not the expected street view upon completion.

Err - hopefully any. 😋

9 hours ago, Zeb said:

Yep. No businesses in site - anywhere in that graphic and who wants to see drainage pipes.

Its just showing the 'infrastructure' works proposed, include the removal of overhead cables etc - not the expected street view upon completion.

Err - hopefully any. 😋

It had me scratching my head there for a minute wondering where all the bars had gone and why they were building a subway system for dwarfs. 

• Haha 3

On 6/22/2021 at 7:16 PM, Glasseye said:

Great to hear from you Phil ! So many folks fully recover from a heart attack. The advances in cardiology are incredible.

I truly believe that you will bounce back from this and positive changes will be the result. 

Patts will come back, you will prosper and look forward to many good years. 

Hopefully in November we can have a nice two year reunion party at Le Pub. Hang in there bro, many good things are coming !

Thanks I’m feeling a lot better most day. Let’s get back to the gogo bars. 

On 7/4/2021 at 7:36 PM, Krapow said:

What do they actually sell at the 'weed shops?'

I take it the active THC is taken out?

The plant is only grown by Licencee growers, who have to give all the THC stuff to hospitals or for medical research.

The rest is sold for consumption. You need to display an official receipt from a supplier to be able to sell it. I sampled a few tea shops for a video. Nothing in it .

The “artists reconstruction 0 of Walking Street has received a lot of flak from the Thais. It was knocked up with some dodgy software by the electricity company.

It won’t look anything like that. From 1st July work has been progressing a lot quicker. First building wells , then they will begin threading the electric cables and comms. Completion date of 1st February 22 looks unlikely, but it will look nice.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Has anybody mentioned that Heavens Above original location on soi Diamond has been bought by an Australian who has refurbished it. He’s kept the name Heaven which has, quite rightly, upset the old owners. 

Quite rightly??

The ex-owners are ex owners. Or have I missed something legal here...??

12 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Quite rightly??

The ex-owners are ex owners. Or have I missed something legal here...??

Would that not depend upon whether the previous owners had registered the trading name of the company in Thailand and/or the conditions in the sale agreement?

• Like 2

A few weeks ago, I did a small job ( installed a grease trap under the kitchen sink ) for Mr Egg. Got a complaint a week later that it was leaking, so sent one of my guys back to sort it out. Transpires that it wasn't being cleaned and the accumulated grease had clogged the outflow, causing the drain water to back-up. Anyway . . .  no charge, staff instructed to clean every other day. Mr Egg said to drop by somewhen for a cuppa.

So today, late morning finds me in town, so I dropped in for the promised pot of Rosie Lea. On the way in spotted the menu board " Irish Stew"; excellent me thinks, I'll maybe have some of that - but transpires the last portion went yesterday. On the "standard" menu "Chicken Tika Masala, Pilau rice and / or Chips"; so I gave that a go. Exceedingly Excellent it was.

I was allowed to pay for the Tika, but the tea was on the house. Thanks Phil. Continue doing what you're doing, 'cause its working !

If you've not visited LePub to try the food - you're missing out ! Go On, Give It A Go . . .

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

No idea el chappo! I was just interested in why Phil said that the ex owners were "quite rightly" upset..

IF the owners of "Heavens Above" moved their business to a different location and the next person that rents the old site decides to use the same name or even just "Heaven" then it's taking the piss and trying to capitalise on the past reputation...  obviously different if it was sold as a going concern but I don't think that's the case 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Proffesor said:

A few weeks ago, I did a small job ( installed a grease trap under the kitchen sink ) for Mr Egg. Got a complaint a week later that it was leaking, so sent one of my guys back to sort it out. Transpires that it wasn't being cleaned and the accumulated grease had clogged the outflow, causing the drain water to back-up. Anyway . . .  no charge, staff instructed to clean every other day. Mr Egg said to drop by somewhen for a cuppa.

So today, late morning finds me in town, so I dropped in for the promised pot of Rosie Lea. On the way in spotted the menu board " Irish Stew"; excellent me thinks, I'll maybe have some of that - but transpires the last portion went yesterday. On the "standard" menu "Chicken Tika Masala, Pilau rice and / or Chips"; so I gave that a go. Exceedingly Excellent it was.

I was allowed to pay for the Tika, but the tea was on the house. Thanks Phil. Continue doing what you're doing, 'cause its working !

If you've not visited LePub to try the food - you're missing out ! Go On, Give It A Go . . .

Phil and Lepub are really in a extra tough situation....

Not only is Pattaya pretty dead but walking street is completely dead and torn-up for good measure.....Lepubs foot traffic has to be hovering around zero....

So any guys who can stop by I am sure its greatly appreciated...  

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, fforest said:

Phil and Lepub are really in a extra tough situation....

Not only is Pattaya pretty dead but walking street is completely dead and torn-up for good measure.....Lepubs foot traffic has to be hovering around zero....

So any guys who can stop by I am sure its greatly appreciated...  

agreed! - same like many non-bar based business trying to stay afloat in Pattaya

• Sad 1