Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Indeed, but it hit all bars equally.

I am not the only person to say that walking around town you will see very busy bars and very empty bars. This has nothing to do with Covid  more so that some just have what customers want and others don't. Simples!

You would know better I reckon. I don't get around much in dem parts much anymore.

Wish I could....

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2023 at 3:01 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Exacerbated by the natural problem created by the Time Difference between Thailand and Live sporting events compounded by Bar open/closing times.. .. Especially mid-week !!

How many charge extra for a beer because they show "Live Sports" even though it is only for a couple of hours over a weekend ????? Retox springs to mind...A sheeple rip off place if ever there was one !!!

That Retox Baht Buster Breakfast was ok though.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

I spent nearly every day in 2003 sitting out the front of Cheers bar in Soi Pattayaland 2. I doubt at the time there was a better spot anywhere in the world for people watching.

Cathouse above Big Dogs at NEP during the 200 Baht all you can drink Chang draft days about 2004 or so.

You could sit across the way outside the old Hogsbreath Saloon on Sunday afternoon gobbling down Bob McIndoe's free chili beans watching drunk school teachers fall off the railing at Cathouse down to Big Dogs.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Trip said:

Cathouse above Big Dogs at NEP during the 200 Baht all you can drink Chang draft days about 2004 or so.

You could sit across the way outside the old Hogsbreath Saloon on Sunday afternoon gobbling down Bob McIndoe's free chili beans watching drunk school teachers fall off the railing at Cathouse down to Big Dogs.

It was 100 Baht and Brown bottle Chang before that in the 90s...full of Boiler Room Boys though..no teachers that I can remember...Then into the Hogs Breath for music and wimmin !

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It was 100 Baht and Brown bottle Chang before that in the 90s...full of Boiler Room Boys though..no teachers that I can remember...Then into the Hogs Breath for music and wimmin !

Yeah, Thailand before Vlogging bozos and open front Soi 6 bars, a much better place.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Korados having a refit ( still open at night ) ..and by the looks of the advert they have also taken over Dynamite on the corner of Soi 15/Baukhao 

B8F4B3EC-6397-476B-B1AC-07900008DD1A.jpeg

My understanding is that the owners (well, at least one of them) of Korando's started Dynamite. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Another Tree Town beat down. Sounds like a place to avoid. They need to clear that place out.

I was sitting at Nikom that night when I saw the three bikes go by, sirens and lights a blazing, with the injured guy sandwiched between the two guys on one bike. I was wondering what had happened, and now know the backstory.

Definitely don't want to get on the bad side of the toughs disguised as security.

• Great Info 2

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I was sitting at Nikom that night when I saw the three bikes go by, sirens and lights a blazing, with the injured guy sandwiched between the two guys on one bike. I was wondering what had happened, and now know the backstory.

Definitely don't want to get on the bad side of the toughs disguised as security.

Those thugs will destroy those businesses over time.

History of repeated serious ass beatings leads to very bad vibes, bad media attention, word of mouth negativity, etc. Over time those things add up significantly which leads to a reputation stain. Once that stain is set you can't wash it out no matter what you do.

Another thing bad media leads to more "in your face" police prescence. When you have that people are much less willing to "let their hair down" (get loaded, dance like a fool, buy lots of drinks, etc.). 

Nothing can ruin a bar business quicker, even warm beer, excessively loud music, and ugly girls.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Not sure if I missed it , but the best kebab shop on Baukhao has gone ... 😞  

its become a trendy barber shop .... they seem to be springing up all over the place .. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_8401.jpeg

I think he went some mon5hs ago, back to being mobile. I think he is often to be found in a similar location

• Great Info 3

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Not sure if I missed it , but the best kebab shop on Baukhao has gone ... 😞  

its become a trendy barber shop .... they seem to be springing up all over the place .. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_8401.jpeg

Who the heck gets 500 baht hair cuts, at these fancy barbers?

I have only gone to that old-time barber across from R-Con on Soi Bukow.....The price was 80 baht since about the time of the first mobile phone. But I think they just raised the price to 100 baht... Good hair cuts too..

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, fforest said:

Who the heck gets 500 baht hair cuts, at these fancy barbers?

I have only gone to that old-time barber across from R-Con on Soi Bukow.....The price was 80 baht since about the time of the first mobile phone. But I think they just raised the price to 100 baht... Good hair cuts too..

In the UK the "Barber shops" are simply a front for laundering drug and immigration money. Left wing leaning councils allow them to open with no licensing, and given the cost of rents and rates in many towns, they simply can't sustain the business with the few customers that go in.

In a nearby town where I am, there are 3 barber shops within 30 yard of each other. All have maybe one or two staff and I've seldom seen any customers. Same goes for "mobile phone repair shops" in most towns and the "American sweet shops" that proliferate Oxford Street. The "mobile phone repair shops" are often fences for stolen phones etc.

As you say, plenty of places to get a decent haircut and a shave for just a few baht. There's something about being shaved by a middle aged Thai lady as she pulls your head back into her ample bosom...(At least I think it was a Lady)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Butch said:

In the UK the "Barber shops" are simply a front for laundering drug and immigration money. Left wing leaning councils allow them to open with no licensing, and given the cost of rents and rates in many towns, they simply can't sustain the business with the few customers that go in.

In a nearby town where I am, there are 3 barber shops within 30 yard of each other. All have maybe one or two staff and I've seldom seen any customers. Same goes for "mobile phone repair shops" in most towns and the "American sweet shops" that proliferate Oxford Street. The "mobile phone repair shops" are often fences for stolen phones etc.

As you say, plenty of places to get a decent haircut and a shave for just a few baht. There's something about being shaved by a middle aged Thai lady as she pulls your head back into her ample bosom...(At least I think it was a Lady)

There are (or were) a few barbershops in the area where Hollywood disco used to be just off South Pattaya road.

Used to enjoy having my head pulled back into an ample bosom. Funny it never happened when the missus went in with me.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

There are (or were) a few barbershops in the area where Hollywood disco used to be just off South Pattaya road.

Used to enjoy having my head pulled back into an ample bosom. Funny it never happened when the missus went in with me.

Reminds me of the time I went to Miri in Sarawak, across the river from Kuala Belait in Brunei. I was visiting my British Airways office and, on the way, decided I needed a haircut. Went to the first one I found off the main road and was met by about 6 lovely girls who asked me which one of them I needed.  I needed a haircut so I took the first girl; she and her mates were laughing within 5 minutes of my arrival, as they realised I actually didn't need any extra services, I just wanted a haircut (I had no idea what was on offer).  I upped my game on my next visit.

• Thumbs Up 1