Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

Must have been a good 10 years ago that I had a haircut at the place on the corner of Soi Farang in Udon (not sure if it is there now). I got a stiffie while having my hair washed and as with all unwanted erections, this was a diamond cutter or big horse’s handbrake that would just not go away. 
Mrs smiler was waiting and I remember the “what the f**k?” look on her face as I shuffled almost bent double from the wash basin chair to the other side of the salon.

Oh to be younger again 👀

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

I just saw a U-Tube video from Phil announcing that he has found a buyer for Milk.

I will be surprised if it ever becomes a rival to Le Pub next door.

Milk's girls staying put?

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

Must have been a good 10 years ago that I had a haircut at the place on the corner of Soi Farang in Udon (not sure if it is there now). I got a stiffie while having my hair washed and as with all unwanted erections, this was a diamond cutter or big horse’s handbrake that would just not go away. 
Mrs smiler was waiting and I remember the “what the f**k?” look on her face as I shuffled almost bent double from the wash basin chair to the other side of the salon.

Oh to be younger again 👀

Quite a few ladyboys work there I recollect 😎

• Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

Milk is the size of a postage stamp...Yet all Milks overhead would still be almost the same as a bar 3 times its size.... X number of seats = X number of paying customers....The math really speaks for itself....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

There are (or were) a few barbershops in the area where Hollywood disco used to be just off South Pattaya road.

Used to enjoy having my head pulled back into an ample bosom. Funny it never happened when the missus went in with me.

There's also Barber B on Khao Noi.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100071048821446

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

I just saw a U-Tube video from Phil announcing that he has found a buyer for Milk.

I will be surprised if it ever becomes a rival to Le Pub next door.

Milk's girls staying put?

Thanks just watched it. Noticed he referred to the purchaser several times by his first name Richard.

Existing bar owner?

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Thanks just watched it. Noticed he referred to the purchaser several times by his first name Richard.

Existing bar owner?

I don't know Richard....But it would not Surprise me if he was fresh off the boat..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Existing bar owner?

5 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Doubt it most would know better

From one of the comments on the YT video:

image.png

Edited by Lirchenfeld
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

41 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Sounds a bit of a paradox, a guy buying his first girly bar, but being an astute business guy. There has probably been very few astute business guys that have turned bars in to success stories without issue. 

I think most astute business guys would steer clear of a Pattaya bar with all the negatives that can come with running one.

I think the only astute business move was selling the place.

When your most prized asset ( the girls) can walk out of the bar and have a new job in 5 minutes.....Tough business......And if your Green....Extra Tough.. 

• Thumbs Up 7

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Sounds a bit of a paradox, a guy buying his first girly bar, but being an astute business guy. There has probably been very few astute business guys that have turned bars in to success stories without issue. 

I think most astute business guys would steer clear of a Pattaya bar with all the negatives that can come with running one.

I think the only astute business move was selling the place.

In the same YT clip egg alludes to he is considering getting out of the Pattaya bar owner game ... and chasing a bar in another Thailand location. I suspect he will as you can see a deterioration of his outward demeanor, if not his health, over the years, especially after he became a blogger.

Wouldn't surprise me if 'Richard' takes over le pub eventually.

• Confused 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Trip said:

In the same YT clip egg alludes to he is considering getting out of the Pattaya bar owner game ... and chasing a bar in another Thailand location. I suspect he will as you can see a deterioration of his outward demeanor, if not his health, over the years, especially after he became a blogger.

You must have watched a different video to me. He said he was looking at opening a 2nd bar elsewhere to run a Le Pub 2.

No time did he suggested selling his original bar.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes, he didn't say it but if he does open a 'le pub 2' outside Pattaya, then he's not the sort of bloke that can juggle 'eggs.'

He couldn't maintain 2 bars that are contiguous. Maintaining 2 in separate cities would be impossible for the guy.

A body language reader could go to town on the non-verbal clues he shows in that 5-minute or so YT clip. The egg looks cracked/burned out and definitely relieved he spilled the Milk.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fforest said:

When your most prized asset ( the girls) can walk out of the bar and have a new job in 5 minutes.....Tough business......And if your Green....Extra Tough.. 

My father always drummed into me saying 

“Son, never invest in any company where the main asset can go up and down in the lift”. 

He worked in a private bank before the war and was an astute investor, albeit in a small way and when he died and I sorted his bank accounts out as his executor, I realised that after over 75 years of small investments and compound interest, he knew exactly what he was doing, because the proof was in the amount of money he left my sister and I in those accounts  

Why anyone would want to “invest” in a girly bar in Pattaya is beyond me. How many bars change hands each year, it must run into the hundreds and only a very tiny minority actually make decent money. 

In 2000, my wife and I invested in a property and opened a small coffee shop in Hua Hin, we had 3 staff, one of which was my wife. 😉
Over the years it’s grown and employed a lot more staff and taken over 2 more houses in the compound. 23 years later it’s still doing very well, how many bar owners in Pattaya can say that, I imagine very few. 
Of course I could be wrong. 😉

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Trip said:

Yes, he didn't say it but if he does open a 'le pub 2' outside Pattaya, then he's not the sort of bloke that can juggle 'eggs.'

He couldn't maintain 2 bars that are contiguous. Maintaining 2 in separate cities would be impossible for the guy.

A body language reader could go to town on the non-verbal clues he shows in that 5-minute or so YT clip. The egg looks cracked/burned out and definitely relieved he spilled the Milk.

Thank you for admitting your previous post was a figment of your imagination.

As for this post, it sounds like you are not a fan of @misteregg for what ever reason.

However you are entitled to your opinion.

I personally wish him well in what ever he decides to do and think he has been very successful in running Le Pub and opening and flipping Milk.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taking on a bar that has been closed for 4 years was a tough decision for Egg, but he seems to have got it going and made it successful and has done what he set out to do and flip it. 
Not many guys would do that considering the work involved, but give him his due, he’s done it through hard work. 

Good luck to him and to the new owners of Milk. They’ll need it. 🤗

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Taking on a bar that has been closed for 4 years was a tough decision for Egg, but he seems to have got it going and made it successful and has done what he set out to do and flip it. 
Not many guys would do that considering the work involved, but give him his due, he’s done it through hard work. 

Good luck to him and to the new owners of Milk. They’ll need it. 🤗

Yep, Phil has been in the game for years, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's spotted a more lucrative opportunity elsewhere and wants to expand.

I never had the chance to visit Milk, and missed Phil when I passed by Le Pub (probably cos he knows I'll give him a hard time about West Brom), but there will still be an "association" between Le Pub and Milk unless the new owner changes the brand entirely. Knowing Phil, he'll help the new owner out as much as possible and encourage business in his direction, because Phil is like that, a genuine, decent guy with a questionable taste in Football Teams.

Phil is perfectly capable of running 2 bars, Le Pub is probably at the stage of the place running itself anyway. He's also the kind of guy who I would imagine quite a few blokes would be happy wot work for.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Thank you for admitting your previous post was a figment of your imagination.

As for this post, it sounds like you are not a fan of @misteregg for what ever reason.

However you are entitled to your opinion.

I personally wish him well in what ever he decides to do and think he has been very successful in running Le Pub and opening and flipping Milk.

LoL, thank you for permission that I may have my opinion.

I don't wish anyone any ill will and it's weird you got that out of my post, but whatever dude. I'm just interpreting the body language and expressions in egg's YT clip, nothing more.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trip said:

I thought he looked tired and he hadn't shaved , but then if I was being filmed just now, not sure I'd look that different😀. He did also seemed subdued.

Maybe if it was Baloon Chaser filming it, he tells Phil to have a shave and cheer up a bit, at it comes out different? 

Anyway I'm off to have a shave now and brighten up my appearance, in case this Richard character starts eyeing up my assets!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

I thought he looked tired and he hadn't shaved , but then if I was being filmed just now, not sure I'd look that different😀. He did also seemed subdued.

Maybe if it was Baloon Chaser filming it, he tells Phil to have a shave and cheer up a bit, at it comes out different? 

Anyway I'm off to have a shave now and brighten up my appearance, in case this Richard character starts eyeing up my assets!!!

Phil looks as if he needs a good rest and a chance to recharge his batteries. Finally finding a buyer for Milk cannot have come a day too soon.

I look forward to seeing a rejuvenated Phil in Le Pub when I visit in March.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

44 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Phil looks as if he needs a good rest and a chance to recharge his batteries. Finally finding a buyer for Milk cannot have come a day too soon.

I look forward to seeing a rejuvenated Phil in Le Pub when I visit in March.

Yep, hopefully the relief of shifting it will perk him up. 

Excellent time to visit in March 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1