Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

8 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Blue Streak....Baby Dolls, great place to have some fun back in the day..

DSCN0259.JPG

DSCN0263.JPG

DSCN0265.JPG

DSCN0268.JPG

DSCN0272.JPG

DSCN0280.JPG

DSCN0281.JPG

Babydolls, a walk down walking street, a meal at the Beer Garden and then back to the room. How many of us have followed that npattern?

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Hey Steve, well like alot of us, I was the absolute 2 week millionaire when on tour back in the day right? 5 nights in Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket drinking a quart of Sangsom/Coke every night and staying out until stupid o' clock with these bar girls, no wonder I looked like I should have been sent back to the "seniors home" LOL! 

Other than my drink of choice back then being Sang Thip, i can fully relate to the above, being a Whoremonger myself for quite a few years.....

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Hey Steve, well like alot of us, I was the absolute 2 week millionaire when on tour back in the day right? 5 nights in Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket drinking a quart of Sangsom/Coke every night and staying out until stupid o' clock with these bar girls, no wonder I looked like I should have been sent back to the "seniors home" LOL! 

As far as looking younger, that is certainly up for debate. 2 weeks ago, wifey and I are at one of the local open markets here. I am looking around, she is a few stalls behind me right? This old woman mumbles something to me in Thai, I politely tell her I cannot speak fluent Thai. Wifey gets there, they start the chatter, wifely looks at me and says "She thinks you look like Joe Biden"????  Jesus Christ....

IMG_9787 (2).JPG

398612693_10220008313432745_723282727188063717_n.jpeg

That is the funniest thing I have heard in weeks. Thanks buddy !

Funny as fcuk !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Papagayo was crap a long time before Covid ... when it first opened it was fantastic , but standards started to slip after a couple of years ..I'm suprised it's still going , always looks empty when I walk past 

The only good thing in that area are the steakhouses and the big hair cut, pedicure place shop up a bit from Kiss foods. 

When in Patts that is my go to place. Guarenteed great service. No head shave comes close to what you get there, anywhere. Worth every dime, and I know what I'm talking about.

Otherwise I consider that area a friggen disaster zone.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

The only good thing in that area are the steakhouses and the big hair cut, pedicure , massage & bj place shop up a bit from Kiss foods. 

When in Patts that is my go to place. Guarenteed great service. No head shave comes close to what you get there, anywhere. Worth every dime, and I know what I'm talking about.

Otherwise I consider that area a friggen disaster zone.

Fixed it for you 😉 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

A couple from my wanderings last night.........

20231214_222719.jpg

20231214_222730.jpg

Walking Street by Soi 15......

20231214_231926.jpg

This place never recovered from the old Covid era...

20231215_001804.jpg

Pacific Ocean just across from the Candy Club by Tree Town....

20231215_013743.jpg

Yeah when they open that place striderman and I got to go in and have a look and I think it was really fitted out better than most of the bars I've seen after they named it the Hilton club which I guess is okay but it's too bad it didn't make it because it really was a well laid out bar

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

GOOD !

I barfined from Cherry Bar, took her to Papagayo at her request , where she immediately spent her time hanging off her Thai boyfriend working there ..!

Sod that place for a game of soldiers ..!!

The best thing about the place was the Gin menu. The toilets were crap, I managed to block them once after a bout of the shits it overflowed and spilled out onto the floor, so I checked bin and made a fast exit.

It did suffer towards pre covid, but back in the day it was a great place to waste an hour or so in the A/C.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2023 at 4:28 PM, Stillearly said:

Papagayo was crap a long time before Covid ... when it first opened it was fantastic , but standards started to slip after a couple of years ..I'm suprised it's still going , always looks empty when I walk past 

Agree, I have taken a couple of lovely girls from there in the past, but it was a long while back now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Popped into here last night loads of drink pressure....lol....

20231216_234015 (2).jpg

This is turning into...

20231214_231926.jpg

20231216_233905.jpg

I am unhappy with Burger King...

Before Covid the Beach Road Burger King Always had daily 49-59-69 baht specials....I mean like for years and years.....Now?....I have not seen a single value special since the reopening....

I am not paying 200+ baht for a Whopper when I can buy 1 kilo of ground beef at Makro for 180 baht, throw it in the freezer and make quite a few hamburgers.......Put on some of my secret sauce Ketchup and Mustard throw a slice of onion on there...And there is a hamburger...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, fforest said:

I am unhappy with Burger King...

Before Covid the Beach Road Burger King Always had daily 49-59-69 baht specials....I mean like for years and years.....Now?....I have not seen a single value special since the reopening....

I am not paying 200+ baht for a Whopper when I can buy 1 kilo of ground beef at Makro for 180 baht, throw it in the freezer and make quite a few hamburgers.......Put on some of my secret sauce Ketchup and Mustard throw a slice of onion on there...And there is a hamburger...

Have it your way.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Trip said:

Have it your way.

Speaking of Burger King.... When a value meal is getting not far from 400 baht its no longer a value meal....

Burger Kings tombstone will say if we had only kept selling fforest our Chicken sandwiches for 59 baht, we would still be in business...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2023 at 11:35 PM, Butch said:

The best thing about the place was the Gin menu. The toilets were crap, I managed to block them once after a bout of the shits it overflowed and spilled out onto the floor, so I checked bin and made a fast exit.

It did suffer towards pre covid, but back in the day it was a great place to waste an hour or so in the A/C.

Ha, very funny.

I often (not always) like to pay for my drinks as they arrive. You never know when something like that may happen. lol

Or, you might see a bird walking by that you need to wrangle up. Or, some asshole comes in that has trouble written all over him.

I can only remember forgetting to pay a bar tab once in all my years of travels. Early 90's in San Jose Costa Rica. Happened to be walking by the same bar the next day when they flagged me down. They nicely explained I had forgotten to pay. 

I sracthed my head, then realized they were probably right considering how f***d up I was. I paid it off and then kept on truckin. Man, those were some crazy times back then. Talk about getting shitfaced.....  geeezus