Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

4 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I just read an article that said that 1/2 of every plate should always be vegetables and fruits...

...you nailed it with this one.

That's my standard veg mix which I have maybe 5 times per week. I often eat fruit after too which I rarely photograph. Seems to help with my weight and stats.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Sloppy Joe's with onion rings

20210226_173832.jpg

20210226_173839.jpg

20210226_174012.jpg

20210226_174019.jpg

That looks sweet. I remember as a youngster in Montreal, a Michigan hotdog/hamburger was the name for basically the same thing. Was a nice treat

Oh my inflation is real.....in the late 90’s, I remember 50 cent Tuesday on steamed hot dogs. I picked some up for me and Dad just before he passed.....$2 @ for same thing

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, boydeste said:

No,

I am not on a Keto diet as such, just reduced carbs to control my weight mate.

You knew I was kidding mate

I’ve been totally careless since mid-JANUARY, but still 20 pounds ahead of last summer. Want to make another dent in the belly fat soon, but circumstances are not cooperating now

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

You knew I was kidding mate

I’ve been totally careless since mid-JANUARY, but still 20 pounds ahead of last summer. Want to make another dent in the belly fat soon, but circumstances are not cooperating now

You have done great.

There is a time and a place to diet and it's generally when life is stable and you are settled.

Do what you need to do to get through difficult times and the joys of Keto will await you when you are ready.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, boydeste said:

You have done great.

There is a time and a place to diet and it's generally when life is stable and you are settled.

Do what you need to do to get through difficult times and the joys of Keto will await you when you are ready.

My plan is to at least consistently monitor my weight, and this for the rest of my life. If I gain, I want to see it and not wait forever to take action. 
It would be fun to get back to gyms and pump some iron again, but walking and some stairs will have to suffice for now. 

As far as Keto, I just removed myself from a FB group. All they talk about is “have you seen this food”, or what kind of Keto snacks can I buy at Costco on my weekly shopping trip? It’s bloody annoying IMO. Steak and eggs is my go to regime, and if I can drop a few kg while living a normal life and eating some rice and potatoes, that’s a bonus. 

Moderation is key, my cousin from post above is turning 47, weighs 193 at 5”10 and loves food and booze- he told me Keto is unsustainable. Even though it and intermittent fasting both worked for him. I think we just don’t want to accept that we must work hard on our eating & exercise permanently. And when I do get in a gym, I don’t think it’s necessary to always up your intensity and move until you almost puke. If you want 8% body fat or to reach the Olympics, yes. But guys that just want to go from 42 to 34 pants, I’m sure just getting to the gym will do wonders

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Moderation is key, my cousin from post above is turning 47, weighs 193 at 5”10 and loves food and booze- he told me Keto is unsustainable. Even though it and intermittent fasting both worked for him. I think we just don’t want to accept that we must work hard on our eating & exercise permanently. And when I do get in a gym, I don’t think it’s necessary to always up your intensity and move until you almost puke. If you want 8% body fat or to reach the Olympics, yes. But guys that just want to go from 42 to 34 pants, I’m sure just getting to the gym will do wonders

Moderation is the key and finding a life balance that works for you is a must.

One of my fondest memories of going to the gym, was when a young, very over weight girl was taking out membership. She asked if they would help her loose weight. The instructor said ''it's simple love, put less in ya mouth. ''

• Surprised 1

44 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Moderation is the key and finding a life balance that works for you is a must.

One of my fondest memories of going to the gym, was when a young, very over weight girl was taking out membership. She asked if they would help her loose weight. The instructor said ''it's simple love, put less in ya mouth. ''

Yup, make sense. I’ve always thought in terms of preserving muscle mass it’s better to eat say 3,000 cal a day and burn extra 1,000, than to eat 2k and sit on the couch. The net is the same, but the active guy will have a better body. But if you start walking 2 miles a day so you can be forgiven for eating 5,000+ daily............it won’t end well. 

By the same token, overall trends matter more than any single day, and we will always lose faster with a lifestyle change, than we gain with bad habits- Thank God! I gained 8+ pounds the first HOURS I ate carbs after a week of steak/eggs, and I gained almost 10 throughout SuperBowl Sunday due to many pints and good food. The initial reaction is anger/depression, but within 2 days the gain drops to 1-2 lbs

Edited by Golfingboy

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Yup, make sense. I’ve always thought in terms of preserving muscle mass it’s better to eat say 3,000 cal a day and burn extra 1,000, than to eat 2k and sit on the couch. The net is the same, but the active guy will have a better body. But if you start walking 2 miles a day so you can be forgiven for eating 5,000+ daily............it won’t end well. 

By the same token, overall trends matter more than any single day, and we will always lose faster with a lifestyle change, than we gain with bad habits- Thank God! I gained 8+ pounds the first HOURS I ate carbs after a week of steak/eggs, and I gained almost 10 throughout SuperBowl Sunday due to many pints and good food. The initial reaction is anger/depression, but within 2 days the gain drops to 1-2 lbs

The problem is that the body stores extra fluid when you have an initial diet shock either way, then settles back to normal after a few days.

14 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The problem is that the body stores extra fluid when you have an initial diet shock either way, then settles back to normal after a few days.

Exactly. I used to think it’s impossible for bodyweight to increase more than you ate that day, but I was proven wrong. The break from zero carb causes fluid to stick, there was no way I ate 8 pounds of food