Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

4 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Thank you again!  Thailand, and by extension the boards, are slipping into the background as I get accustomed to making a life for myself in the U.S.

Evil

Sorry to hear that. I'm trying to get out of this hell hole and back to Thailand.

Best o luck to you though !

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I rarely ever use a thermometer. Just typically stick it in the oven and pull it out an hour or so later.... 

Totally agree! I just cook the same as my Mum did. I have a small one man oven and put everything in the same tray. As long as you allow everything to get to room temperature before cooking and know "how your oven cooks" I have never felt the need for gadgets..

I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast the other day.  It's been an American staple since the 1700's, the quintessential poor man's breakfast.

IMG_1498 (2).png

Biscuits and gravy is quick and easy to make, but most important, cheap and very filling.  In years past, when workers did hard physical labor for long hours on farms and in factories, a plate or two of biscuits and gravy would see them through most of the day.  Nowadays it's eaten because people like the taste, but some still have it out of economic necessity.  I seldom  have it because it's high in calories and not very nutritious. but it's OK once in a while, especially during cold weather.

IMG_1503.png

My father grew up in a large family on a ranch in Montana,  He said he and his seven siblings always knew when money was especially tight by the number of times they had biscuits and gravy for another meal besides breakfast.

I made the biscuits and gravy in the pic in traditional style.   I fried pork sausage in bacon grease, sprinkled the sausage with flour, added milk and let it simmer a few minutes to thicken.  The gravy was then poured over a southern-style biscuit.

Evil

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

An early fall lunch:  a slice of hickory-smoked ham with avocado, slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, heirloom tomatoes, potato salad and coleslaw.  

IMG_1490 (2).png

One good thing about being back in the U.S. is easy access to quality meat and vegetables at a reasonable price.  I never understood why no one grows good tomatoes in Thailand.  The climate would seem perfect for tomato cultivation.

IMG_1493 (2).png

Evil

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Painter said:

Where's the rest of the meat?

🙂

Had a sandwich with it before the meal shown, there's a plateful in the fridge for a meal tonight that'll now be delayed because I'm going out, and enough for 2 more meals in the freezer.  Not bad for £2.32 of Aberdeen Angus.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast the other day.  It's been an American staple since the 1700's, the quintessential poor man's breakfast.

IMG_1498 (2).png

Biscuits and gravy is quick and easy to make, but most important, cheap and very filling.  In years past, when workers did hard physical labor for long hours on farms and in factories, a plate or two of biscuits and gravy would see them through most of the day.  Nowadays it's eaten because people like the taste, but some still have it out of economic necessity.  I seldom  have it because it's high in calories and not very nutritious. but it's OK once in a while, especially during cold weather.

IMG_1503.png

My father grew up in a large family on a ranch in Montana,  He said he and his seven siblings always knew when money was especially tight by the number of times they had biscuits and gravy for another meal besides breakfast.

I made the biscuits and gravy in the pic in traditional style.   I fried pork sausage in bacon grease, sprinkled the sausage with flour, added milk and let it simmer a few minutes to thicken.  The gravy was then poured over a southern-style biscuit.

Evil

Good ol biscuts & gravy. Very tasty, stick to your ribs (and your arteries) deliciousness.

I had a friend who would eat B&G a few times a week. A few of us would often meet for breakfast and this guy would always want to meet a this certain place that made good "down home" B&G, nobody else cared so that's where we would meet.

This fellow was a rather large bloke. One day he was scarfing down his usual double order of B&G and a big glob of gravy landed on his uniform, but he couldn't see it because his double chin blocked his view. Myself and the other two guys who were "dinning" with him that day just looked at each other and smiled. Nothing was said.

He went around doing his business for most of the day without ever noticing. Eventually some girl at the station shyly pointed it out to him.

Myself and the two other guys that were with him that day still laugh about that from time to time. Although, it's kind of bittersweet. Our buddy who loved those double orders of B&G dropped dead with a massive heart attack a couple years ago. We miss him.

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

It was very good and surprisingly I managed it all. 😁

I'd reckon it will hold you until you reach your destination and get your rigs in the water. Then you'll have time to dig a hole in the woods and enjoy nature at it's finest.     🤗

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I'd reckon it will hold you until you reach your destination and get your rigs in the water. Then you'll have time to dig a hole in the woods and enjoy nature at it's finest.     🤗

Yup, just did some shopping and enjoyed one of Frances delights.

IMG-20210925-WA0018.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1