Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

Steve Burton scuba engineer and owner of Easytek Engineering Services on Threppasit Road dived of Covid yesterday.  Anyone who has dived in Thailand has probably used equipment he supplied or serviced in his >30 years in business here.  He also supplied vital equipment to the cave rescue team in 2018 as described in this article.  RIP Steve even though you condemned my regulator at it's last service.

https://www.register-herald.com/news/local-company-plays-role-in-julys-thailand-rescue/article_5851a401-8d50-5632-bf5f-e5f6d66bf93a.html

https://scubaengineer.com/contact.htm

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, fforest said:

Naomi Judd, part of the Grammy-award winning country music duo The Judds, is dead at 76

Red haired woman poses for photos on red carpet.

Very very sad. I think she was receiving an award the following day? The media and the family won’t openly say “that word” in terms of how she passed…..I watched many of Ashley’s movies, she must be devastated her Mom is gone. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gs joe said:

Sorry to hear about Brian met him a few times at the Cherry bar 

RIP  

Ditto, and on Frosty's bar crawls. 

Did he not get married about 3 years ago, I think, to a Cherry Bar girl? 

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Ditto, and on Frosty's bar crawls. 

Yes Wan a lovely lady , they had been together for years 

my deepest condolences to her 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

Yes, I went to the party at Cherry Bar.  Both of them were very happy.  I can't count the number of bar crawls in which both Big Brian and I participated. I chatted with him many times.

201111746-Sympathy-Card-Messages-With-Heartfelt-Sympathy.png

• Like 2

Aww no, that's too young. Minder was and still is a brilliant series. him and George Cole had great on screen chemistry, and if there's an episode on I'll always watch it.

I never got to see much of the Sweeney, but again, great series.

Wasn't he once married to Rula Lenska?. There's a good catch if ever there was one.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2