Sign in to follow this  
Bazle

Pattaya faces water shortages

http://pattayanewsflash.com/announcements/november_2019.html

The Provincial Waterworks Authority's ( PWA) branch in Pattaya warns that the city is likely to experience water shortages next year as levels in five major reservoirs in Chon Buri have dropped sharply to only around 32% of capacity.

Mr. Suthat Nutpan, the Office Manager, says that at present, there is less than 13 million cubic metres of water in the five reservoirs, compared with 36.7 million cu/m last year.
  • Great Info 3

except that mabprachan is the main feeder for the city and it is fed from rivers via huge pipes.  

capacity mabprachan about  only 17 million cu. ft. when full & that after excavation  5 years ago, may be silt up again. only provide water some of pattaya. 

I remember driving past mabprachan one day and there were pick up trucks parked in the lake on dry land the water level was down so much.

That was 2 or 3 years ago but this rainy season has largely been a non-event and that is it for another year.

Okay, we had one major flooding on one day but October is the main rainy month for us and apart for  a number of downpours for a week or so it has been nothing like normal years.  

Edited by Jambo

23 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I remember driving past mabprachan one day and there were pick up trucks parked in the lake on dry land the water level was down so much.

That was 2 or 3 years ago but this rainy season has largely been a non-event and that is it for another year.

Okay, we had one major flooding on one day but October is the main rainy month for us and apart for  a number of downpours for a week or so it has been nothing like normal years.  

yes, is going to be dificult year for water. worst drought in 10 years in esan. almost every reservoir less than 1/3 full as dry season gets start. normal this time is more than 75%. mekhong @ nongkai is record low and new dams make things worse.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, misteregg said:

This was a big thing 20 years ago when I first came. Water always going off.

yes, water storage tanks every bldg. some still have and other wish still have by songkran this year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, misteregg said:

This was a big thing 20 years ago when I first came. Water always going off.

It is a good job that most of the unending stream of new condo complexes in and around Pattaya remain unoccupied.

16 hours ago, Jambo said:

If you are not careful the powers that be will use the lack of flooding as proof that all the money they have spent is working. .... ....  Well til the next true wet season.

Pattaya has many different sources of water. In my part of South Pattaya the water supply is piped up from Sattahip.

And don't forget they still have the enormous pipeline they built back in - when was it? - 2005 or so, from the Bang Pakong river. The pipeline's still there, though I suspect they won't have maintained any of the pumping equipment.

6 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Pattaya has many different sources of water. In my part of South Pattaya the water supply is piped up from Sattahip.

And don't forget they still have the enormous pipeline they built back in - when was it? - 2005 or so, from the Bang Pakong river. The pipeline's still there, though I suspect they won't have maintained any of the pumping equipment.

Yep....

That was my first thought. I'm sure it's working perfectly.   ☺️

Sign in to follow this