why is the world going nuts

grayray

23 hours ago, fygjam said:

Not as dumb as one who thinks that flu and corona viruses are from the same viral family.

Suck it up big boy, you stuffed up.

Should have googled it first!

Fair enough, probably should have.

You're still acting dumb.

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I don't think anyone is panicking in this thread , just some information and a bit of dark humour  🙂 

From elsewhere on this thread:

"Well wait until this time next year when covid-19 is endemic and there are 100,000,000 cases, 50,000,000 medical visits, 1,000,000 hospitalisations and 100,000 deaths in the US and you might understand" 

If that isn't panicking, what do you call it?

1 hour ago, alias said:

From elsewhere on this thread:

"Well wait until this time next year when covid-19 is endemic and there are 100,000,000 cases, 50,000,000 medical visits, 1,000,000 hospitalisations and 100,000 deaths in the US and you might understand" 

If that isn't panicking, what do you call it?

Why would I panic about any deaths in the US?

On the other hand and closer to (your) home. That's some raise.

US hospitals are preparing for 96 MILLION coronavirus infections and nearly HALF A MILLION deaths, leaked documents reveal

• Almost half a million (480,000) Americans are expected to die from coronavirus 
  • 4.8 million will be hospitalized and 96 million infected
  • Figures come from leaked slides from a presentation by Dr. James Lawler, a University of Nebraska Medical Center professor and hosted by AHA
  • They show the spread of the deadly disease could be far worse than officials claim, with the crisis 10 times greater than a severe flu season
  • The shock figures fly in the face of claims made by President Trump who has maintained on many occasions that the risk to Americans is 'low'
  • Lawler estimated people with heart conditions have a one in 10 chance of dying from the disease, compared to less than one in a 100 among healthy individuals 
  • Trump signed a spending bill to allocate $8.3 billion to tackle the crisis Friday
  • US has more than 430 cases and 19 confirmed deaths, after Florida confirmed its first two deaths Friday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8085175/US-hospitals-prepare-96-MILLION-coronavirus-cases-HALF-MILLION-deaths-leaked-papers-show.html

Edited by fygjam

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

I don't see anyone panicking on this thread or on the board at all. 

Not sure why some have to be so binary on this. There is lots of middle ground between 'It's a load of made up shite no worse than the cold', and 'full panic mode we're all going to die', if you just use a little nuance. 

This is unprecedented, Governments the world over are taking this very seriously and implementing stuff that will have an impact on most, indeed many already on this forum, from business owners to tourists. Economies are crashing, businesses are going bust. They're not taking this action for nothing ffs.

If nothing else it's very interesting how this will all play out. It's unprecedented. 

This post should be reported for insufficient angst!

1 minute ago, fygjam said:

On the other hand and closet to (your) home. That's some raise.

US hospitals are preparing for 96 MILLION coronavirus infections and nearly HALF A MILLION deaths, leaked documents reveal

• Almost half a million (480,000) Americans are expected to die from coronavirus 
  • Figures come from leaked slides from a presentation by Dr. James Lawler, a University of Nebraska Medical Center professor and hosted by AHA
  • They show the spread of the deadly disease could be far worse than officials claim, with the crisis 10 times greater than a severe flu season
  • The shock figures fly in the face of claims made by President Trump who has maintained on many occasions that the risk to Americans is 'low'
  • Lawler estimated people with heart conditions have a one in 10 chance of dying from the disease, compared to less than one in a 100 among healthy individuals 
  • Trump signed a spending bill to allocate $8.3 billion to tackle the crisis Friday
  • US has more than 430 cases and 19 confirmed deaths, after Florida confirmed its first two deaths Friday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8085175/US-hospitals-prepare-96-MILLION-coronavirus-cases-HALF-MILLION-deaths-leaked-papers-show.html

The Daily Fail says half a million Americans "are expected" to die from this?  Expected by whom? 

1 minute ago, alias said:

The Daily Fail says half a million Americans "are expected" to die from this?  Expected by whom? 

And how do I know you didn't even read it?

Figures come from leaked slides from a presentation by Dr. James Lawler, a University of Nebraska Medical Center professor and hosted by AHA

36 minutes ago, fygjam said:

On the other hand and closet to (your) home. That's some raise.

then maybe

Given the fact that the current flu season in the US will generate between 29 - 40 million individuals infected then maybe 96 million infected with coronavirus is not out of the question given it is a brand new infection. On the other hand, in 12 months time with the benefit of hindsight we may all be saying what a load of alarmist bollocks that was.

The only think that personally worries me is the effect such alarmist statements has on my pension fund.

I have a very cynical view about "experts". 

• Like 1

Take the "zen" approach...

A person suddenly collapses in the street.

A good samaritan approaches and tries to bring him back to life, asking asking around "is there a doctor here ?"

A man raises his hand "Me, I am a doctor..., doctor in psychology"

The good samaritan cries "but this man is dying.." 

The "doctor" : "we'll all die someday" 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Good point, you know the thing with me is, for some reason do not seem to do well with "citric acid" products like oranges and orange juice/grapefruit juice etc. Seems to bother my stomach a bit, kind of an uncomfortable feeling. Don't know why. Of course I can " dlink" Sangsom and Coke and no "ploblem" LOL! 

Today they announced in San Jose, Calif here, no more gatherings of 1,000 or more people....no more Hockey games at SAP Center at least through the month of March, April TBD.  A lot of events now cancelled at SAP center, our local arena. Second person died here yesterday, 61 year old woman. I am waiting on the info on the Soccer Game I bought tickets for Apr 11th outdoors at Vayama Stadium. Surprise for wifey as she likes Soccer and we have a pro team here. 

Damn.....this is just really a shame, but I still stand by my feelings....you know, just try our best to to do all of the necessary things we need per the CDC. I do not live my life in fear, never have really, we are not the "sit around the house type" and be on laptops and cell phones all day. 

Can you score me "Genesis" tickets in Manchester for December? "Turn it on again" LOL! 

Afraid my concert going days have tailed off, so wouldn't know where to start with Genesis tickets.

Shame if your footy game is off, I can understand why restrictions are put in place but like you would rather the choice was with me.

Went to the horse racing at cheltenham in the UK yesterday. Was around 60,000 people there, the crowd had dropped by 7,000 people from last year. Guess some made the decision not to go- fair enough down to them.

Didn't hear any coughing or sneezing. Was enough Guinness & Jamesons whiskey being put away to kill any bug stone dead😀

Slainte 🍻

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1

Unprecedented the Bank of England chopped interest rates to just 0.25% at 07.00 today and not suprisingly Sterling  fell off a cliff

Not BY 0.25% but to 0.25%....

All will become clear at 8am I suspect how bad it will effect Sterling/Baht

6 hours ago, alias said:

I admire your commitment to self improvement.  Never give up, lil camper!

Thanks sweetcheeks!

I admire your ability to 'keep on trucking' despite making a fool out of yourself numerous times on this thread alone. 

Though perhaps stay off the internet when drunk at the weekend might be an idea. 

Love you xoxo

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

Unprecedented the Bank of England chopped interest rates to just 0.25% at 07.00 today and not suprisingly Sterling  fell off a cliff

Not BY 0.25% but to 0.25%....

All will become clear at 8am I suspect how bad it will effect Sterling/Baht

Probably be some sort of stimulus in the budget later. The rate cut is to help the businesses through this, as they expect UK cases to start rising quite a bit now. 

4 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Thanks sweetcheeks!

I admire your ability to 'keep on trucking' despite making a fool out of yourself numerous times on this thread alone. 

Though perhaps stay off the internet when drunk at the weekend might be an idea. 

Love you xoxo

You could buy him one of these plaques.

dunning-kruger-award-57fe4222aebd3.jpeg

1 minute ago, alias said:

Let's be clear:  is it your position 500,000 Americans will die from coronavirus?  Do you agree with the prediction you posted?

<ready to archive this stupidity>

And there you go again.

It is NOT my position, it is the position of Dr. James Lawler, a University of Nebraska Medical Center professor. If you don't like it I suggest you take it up with him!

16 hours ago, Krapow said:

Oh ffs, here we go, Mr Conspiracy.

Mark my words....Once the Coronavirus has passed a huge chunk of the new soon to be restrictions on travel and so called security measures (for your own safety of course)  will still be in place for a very long time....  

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, fforest said:

Mark my words....Once the Coronavirus has passed a huge chunk of the new soon to be restrictions on travel and so called security measures (for your own safety of course)  will still be in place for a very long time....  

I think you are correct ...... " the powers that be " always try to find new ways to restrict our freedoms .... what little we seem to have left ...

I also believe that medical records will be "centralized" on line in some "cloud" available for anyone to hack ... and used against people traveling as well

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1