COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

9 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Are you having a go @lazarus

Yeah...I got my two Paul dickheads mixed up. Bazle adroitly pointed that out.

He'll get some extra points from alice & ivar in forum hell now.

. . .

I Am Asking Republicans to Stop Electing Insufferable Dickheads
Time was that right-wing members of Congress had loony views while being at least marginally likable human beings.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a36398652/rand-paul-dr-fauci-wuhan-lab/

Rand Paul Badgers Dr. Anthony Fauci on ...

rand-1620762741.jpeg

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

Yeah...I got my two Paul dickheads mixed up. Bazle adroitly pointed that out.

He'll get some extra points from alice & ivar in forum hell now.

rand-1620762741.jpeg

I never did understand the affectation with scoring forum points. I guess it's "a thing". 

Had a text from the NHS yesterday telling me to book a booster shot so today I followed the link & it said I'm not eligible.

They're doing over 50's so I most definitely am.So I rang 119 & after seemingly endless taped messages and a long wait I finally got to speak to someone who said try again in a couple of days.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Had a text from the NHS yesterday telling me to book a booster shot so today I followed the link & it said I'm not eligible.

They're doing over 50's so I most definitely am.So I rang 119 & after seemingly endless taped messages and a long wait I finally got to speak to someone who said try again in a couple of days.

Could I suggest that you just keep trying with the link every few hours as more appointments become available.  I had to do something similar for my second vaccination.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-56237778

Covid vaccines: How fast is progress around the world?

More than six billion doses of coronavirus vaccines have been administered, in at least 196 countries worldwide. 

However, there are vast differences in the pace of progress in different parts of the world. 

Some countries have secured and delivered doses to a large proportion of their population - but others are some way behind.

image.png

There seems to be a Myth, that you can't or unlikely to catch Covid after vaccination. That isn't the case. The vaccine strengthens your immune system against more severe symptoms of the virus. I know of several people who caught it from their kids who tested positive but no symptoms. They were vaccinated, but still had only milder symptoms. 

Vaccines are certainly reducing death and hospitalizations. And that is the main thing. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

There seems to be a Myth, that you can't or unlikely to catch Covid after vaccination. That isn't the case. The vaccine strengthens your immune system against more severe symptoms of the virus. I know of several people who caught it from their kids who tested positive but no symptoms. They were vaccinated, but still had only milder symptoms. 

Vaccines are certainly reducing death and hospitalizations. And that is the main thing. 

Lots of misinformation unfortunately. 

Yesterday I took public transit (bus) to pick up my car from the shop... 😷

Lots of little (potential) Covid spreaders packed together like sardines. Was relieved after 20 minutes when I finally got to my stop. :default_527:

20211006_151040.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

Glad to see the unvaccinated fuckwits getting more and more ostracised in the UK.

Those vaccinated will only have to do a LFT on the 2nd day after arrival back to the UK from any country apart from the 7 on the Red.

Those who are not vaccinated will have to do a pre departure, 2nd &8th day tests, and self isolation for 10 days.

So much less chance of meeting a nutter on holiday.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Those who are not vaccinated will have to do a pre departure, 2nd &8th day tests, and self isolation for 10 days. 

I hope today's relaxations mean that there will be plenty of resources to monitor people self isolating. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I hope today's relaxations mean that there will be plenty of resources to monitor people self isolating. 

I would think so, although 'noisy' on conspiracy windowlicker feeds like twatter, they're only a very small minority, and will get even smaller once they realise all sane people will be jetting off to the sun, while they're stuck with a long rainy weekend in Bognor.

Had a letter via email from our kids school today, stating he’d been in close contact with another person in the school who has tested positive for Covid.
They didn’t state wether it was another child or teacher, only that he needs to have a PCR test. 
So ordered them for all of us via HM Government website and they’ll arrive in 2 days and 2nd PCR tests in 2 weeks or so. 

Luckily, as both the wife and I have had both vaccine shots, there’s no need to isolate until the results are back. 🤗

• Like 1