COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

It must be a Thai thing! Here in the phillies the Mayor of Valenzuela City had all the cities residents vaccinated, mostly with Sinovac.

There have been no reports of bad side effects, and Filipinos love to gossip. Myself (76)and partner (42) had ours with no side effects at all at the time, or now 4 months later

Virtually ALL vaccines can produce minor short term side effects which are often very similar in nature, and may last for a day or two. Having a sore arm is usually a reaction to the injection itself. 

It applies to

DTaP

Hep A/Hep B

Hib

Influenza

Polio

Rabies

Rotavirus

TdaP

MMR

MMRV

Varricella

Meningococcal

PCV13

PSV23

Etc etc etc

We should not be so surprised or concerned if there are also minor and similar short term side effects from Covid 19 vaccines

It is the overall benefits of those vaccinations which should far outweigh any initial discomforts. 

I am far more concerned about the effectiveness and longevity of the current C19 vaccines, than a sore arm and feeling a little under the weather for a couple of days after being administered. No gain without pain as they say

It is thought that both Modern and Pfizer have the highest rates of affectiveness in reducing the symptoms of Covid. 

I expect that each time I have an annual Flu jab, that I may feel a little strange for the next couple of days, but since my first two, I have had no reaction. Others may differ, but we all different. 

Vaccinations are a walk in the park compared to the average symptoms of Covid itself. 

As illustrated in the previous post in in the previous post by Figjam, more serious side effects are far more rare than common

I have now had 3 Covid jabs and I feel as right as nine pence today and feel a lot less anxiety about catching the virus, and came very close to it last weekend. 

The less people who get hospitalised, the less strain there is on the Health system and the less time people will have to wait for routine surgery and treatments that are not related to Covid. The less pressure on medical staff to carry out their duties as lesser numbers of people dying prematurely. 

My opinion is that instead of fighting eachother, we should all focus on fighting Covid, which is the real and present enemy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxnr28LDXc

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roobob said:

Dear oh dear....lol...... now you are telling others what they actually think, mean and do...lol.

cheers

blah blah blah, Give your arse a break mate lol.

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 1

I had my booster on the 10th, previously 2 x AZ, followed by Pfizer booster together with flu jab. Went for a walk on 11th, after 3 miles I hit the mythical wall. Cut short but still a further mile to get home. I was cream crackered and felt little bit sick. As I had not had Pfizer or flu jabs before, impossible to say which hit me.

The nurse advised me to contact the surgery and make appointment for Pneumonia and Shingles jabs.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

Europe turns the screws on the unvaccinated as Covid-19 cases climb

And for those who still don't understand why it's come to this. The reason...

"It comes as Germany tackles a wave of infections and reflects a growing exasperation across much of the EU at those who continue to refuse a vaccination."

The result of those who choose not to get vaccinated and their impact on the healthcare system from their selfishness...

"The stretchers at the hospitals on duty are increasing by the dozens, (and) patients are being chosen for intensive care units by priority, based on their ages," Michalis Giannakos, the president of the Public Hospital Workers Federation, told Reuters."

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jcolorado said:

Got the Moderna booster 2 hours ago. So far so good. Don't even feel the slight tenderness at the injection site like I did with the 1st two.

My missus said she had a 'heavy' arm & I had a delayed rash after the Moderna booster.

All OK now.

I may have mentioned this before. My booster jab is not showing up on my NHS Pass app, but the first two are, which make up the QR code. I again rang 119 yesterday where it is possible to query your Covid record.  I was tdd again that for the time being, at least, that it makes no difference to Pass in terms of use and that it's the same for everyone. 

The first time, I queried it, I was told that the App software had not yet been updated to accommodate booster jabs. 

There is very little mention. Of this when searching for info. 

The Pass, automatically gets updated everytime you view your QR code and vax records and gives a new expjry date which is 4 weeks away. 

Now, it is said at the moment that the original vaccines may only have a certain shelf life and hence the boosters now being recommended for Winter

My question, therefore, would be - 0ow long are the first 2 jabs actually valid for?. I guess it's still too early to know. 

But I think that All vaccinations should shown a Covid Pass. 

I had my booster jab yesterday at 11.30 am UK time. Not that it should matter, but had it at a different location to the first two.

My first two jabs were Pfizer, so was interested to see how they handled my third one. A couple of my mates who had 2 x AZ jabs got Moderna as their booster. Personally, I wanted Pfizer as my third jab too. The staff checked me in, saw that my first two were Pfizer and said my 3rd would also be Pfizer. Excellent.

My first two jabs I didn't feel a thing. This one really stung when she injected the serum and took at least twice as long to complete. Probably just down to the person administering it. She also inserted it slightly higher up in my muscle than the previous two. Again, could be down to the injector, who was a youngish lady compared to the old boilers who gave me the first one, who obviously had much more experience giving jabs.

I've read various media columns and I was partly expecting a 50% dose as the booster, but checking on the my record on the NHS app I had the full dose (30 micrograms/0.3 ml), same amount as the first two.

24 hours on I feel absolutely fine, just the sore arm when I lift it to shoulder height, same as it was for my first two jabs.

I downloaded my Covid Pass and that appears to have been updated as it shows expiry on 17th December, one month one day since the booster. Also got a new card showing I've had the booster, batch no., etc. But on my "records" it only shows the first two jabs.

All good and I'm glad I've had the booster.

Interestingly, the lady who checked me in, who clearly had good medical knowledge, asked if I wanted the flu jab as well. I told her I'd never had a flu jab, to which she instantly replied "definitely don't have it then". I wasn't going to anyway.

Edited by Britboy
  • Great Info 1