COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

9 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

There were zero recorded Covid related deaths in New York City today which has a 90% vaccination take up. 

Coincidence or not? 

Published statistics indicate that there has been a virtual 100% double vaccination take up in my age group in Scotland. That would include the guy who sits next to me and his wife who have both held season tickets at Hearts for more than 30 years. In fact, both he and his wife have had a third booster jag. I will get my third booster jag early in February unless they bring it forward.

They missed the previous home match although they were back next to me this past Saturday.

The guy behind us greeted them with the words 

"Where were you for the Dundee United game? You missed a good one."

To which the unexpected reply was

"We both went down with Covid!" 

So three vaccinations did not stop them getting Covid. 

Their symptoms after the first couple of days or so were apparently relatively mild so maybe that was the bonus of full vaccination.

We HAVE to accept the fact that Covid is never going to disappear and also accept that a very small percentage of the most vulnerable will sadly die irrespective of high vaccination levels. The overwhelming vaccinated majority are not going to die so time to bite the bullet and get back to normality. I am all for "normality" including annual booster vaccinations and making life as difficult as possible for those who chose not to be vaccinated.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

https://www.aol.co.uk/lifestyle/symptoms-omicron-variant-know-far-112125237.html

More from the South African doctors,so far it seems the symptoms are quite mild and milder still for vaccinated people.

Let's hope it stays that way!

Is that not just the same interview from a couple of days ago still doing the rounds?

More transmissible but less severe would be a touch, but it's too early to say.

No matter, there will always be variants, we can't keep going into panic mode and shutting things down every time there is.

And then when i see stuff like the CEO of Moderna's comments, just makes me more cynical.  Yes i know he might well be true, but can't help but think that this suites Governments and the like to get a much bigger and better booster and vaccine in general take up.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

My mate just posted this on FB,I thought it was worth nicking:

Each to their own but I'm fully vaccinated and, no, I don't know what's in it - neither this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or hot dogs, or other treatments…whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, or vaccines for infants or children.
I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, or other meds, it just cures my headaches & my pains.
I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, vaping, Botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.
In short ...
There's a lot of things I don't know and never will…
I just know one thing: life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear and find a little feeling of life "before".
As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, polio, chickenpox, and quite a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of the said diseases and,
I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die from Covid-19.
* To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To hug my loved ones
* To Not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come ...
* To live my life.
* To see and hug my family and friends
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory.
* To protect

Excellent post Coxy !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Each to their own but I'm fully vaccinated and, no, I don't know what's in it - neither this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or hot dogs, or other treatments…whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, or vaccines for infants or children.
I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, or other meds, it just cures my headaches & my pains.
I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, vaping, Botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.
In short ...
I just know one thing: life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear and find a little feeling of life "before".
As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, polio, chickenpox, and quite a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of the said diseases and,
* To hug my loved ones
* To Not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come ...
* To live my life.
* To protect

Just about sums up my own thoughts and feelings. Good post

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, coxyhog said:

In short ...
* To hug my loved ones
* To live my life.
* To protect

The thing is governments and medea are not pushing hotdogs tattoos or any thing else on the list....But they are Pushing Pushing Pushing the covid vax 24/7/365 and using threats, force, donuts bribes, celebrities , fear, etc so it makes people VERY VERY VERY suspicious of their motive...... 

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fforest said:

The thing is governments and medea are not pushing hotdogs tattoos or any thing else on the list....But they are Pushing Pushing Pushing the covid vax 24/7/365 and using threats, violence, donuts bribes, celebrities , fear, etc so it makes people VERY VERY VERY suspicious of their motive...... 

And what would be their motives other than to protect people from dying or being hospitalised as a result of catching the virus? 

Why does there have to be another reason and why should some people be suspicious?  Suspicious of what exactly? 

They are only pushing it to the unvaccinated. Those who have already been double jabbed, are most likely to receive a booster when they are notified 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

And what would be their motives other than to protect people from dying or being hospitalised as a result of catching the virus? 

Why does there have to be another reason and why should some people be suspicious?  Suspicious of what exactly? 

They are only pushing it to the unvaccinated. Those who have already been double jabbed, are most likely to receive a booster when they are notified 

Well after 483 pages I am sure you have heard a few of the possible hidden agenda ideas people have had in the last 2 years...

7 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

It still blows my mind that people come up with all sorts of BS in oposition when the medical profession provide a vaccine against something that is killing people.

Put those same people in hospital dying and they will expect to be given all the drugs available to keep them alive.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

Perhaps you could remind me of just a few. I don't have time to wade through hundreds of pages right now

Well I am not going to through all of that again....No one knows for sure.....Lets just say, HARD selling a car, a house or a vaccine makes people suspicious...

44 minutes ago, fforest said:

The thing is governments and medea are not pushing hotdogs tattoos or any thing else on the list....But they are Pushing Pushing Pushing the covid vax 24/7/365 and using threats, violence, donuts bribes, celebrities , fear, etc so it makes people VERY VERY VERY suspicious of their motive...... 

Would it be possible for some clarification of violence by governments in order to promote vaccines?

Thank You.

31 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Except governments are giving vaccines for free. They are not selling them. 

Thankful for this.

In the US (at least) it shows how one aspect of 'universal health care' can successfully be implemented to all income levels.

Hopefully this will become a model & more will come in the future to proactively encourage good health.

27 minutes ago, john luke said:

Would it be possible for some clarification of violence by governments in order to promote vaccines?

Thank You.

I was talking about some of the protest, that ended up being anything but peaceful protest..Tear gas ect, I guess force would be a better word to use..Ok changed it....

Edited by fforest

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Well I am not going to through all of that again....No one knows for sure.....Lets just say, HARD selling a car, a house or a vaccine makes people suspicious...

As well as vaccinations, currently my governments, federal and state, are running what you might term HARD sells

1. anti junk food
  2. anti smoking
  3. anti bullying
  4. anti domestic violence
  5. recycling of beverage containers
  6. cyber security

With summer and the holidays approaching I soon expect the following HARD sells

1. anti drink driving
  2. driving while tired awareness
  3. driving without using seatbelts
  4. bushfire awareness
  5. skin cancer awareness
  6. water conservation

Can you advise of which ones I should be suspicious.

With reasons of course otherwise it might just appear to be the paranoia of a conspiracy nut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

As well as vaccinations, currently my governments, federal and state, are running what you might term HARD sells

1. anti junk food
  2. anti smoking
  3. anti bullying
  4. anti domestic violence
  5. recycling of beverage containers
  6. cyber security

With summer and the holidays approaching I soon expect the following HARD sells

1. anti drink driving
  2. driving while tired awareness
  3. driving without using seatbelts
  4. bushfire awareness
  5. skin cancer awareness
  6. water conservation

Can you advise of which ones I should be suspicious.

With reasons of course otherwise it might just appear to be the paranoia of a conspiracy nut.

No comparison....This madness that has taken over the world,is going to be the end of us all if it does not stop.....How many lives have already be ruined by the lockdowns and travel restrictions?...Untold millions....,how many smiles have been lost behind the stupid masks?.....One day you will wake up or maybe not.............Unfortunately some of us have have to watch this whole shit show in 3d living color, day after day after day after day... 

• Thumbs Up 1