COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

What's the matter Diddums, getting lonely under the bridge?

What we have here is clearly a matter of what you know not what you can prove.

The case in 2017 I clearly remember it because I agreed with you at the time, that the woman should have been prosecuted because she broke the law. I'm not likely to forget that, agreeing with you.

If you can't remember then I suggest you lay off the lao khao for a while.

As for the fraudulent antivaxxer nurse, not every guilty person gets to appear before a court. Sad but it happens. No doubt the teenager and/or his farther were prepared to perjure themselves so it would have been a case of he said/she said. I'm pretty sure the nurse isn't administering vaccines (or pretending to) today. A good result.

Having confessed that you consider obeying laws is a matter of personal choice, I'm pretty sure that if/when push comes to shove and a vaccination certificates are required to extend your stay in Thailand you'll have no compunction with exploring the no vaccine vaccination certificate option.

cheers

I'm sure you and I aren't the only member on here who remembers roonob popping up and  continually defending  the BiBs amazingly correct and proper actions on another (now defunct) forum... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, Painter said:

I'm sure you and I aren't the only member on here who remembers roonob popping up and  continually defending  the BiBs amazingly correct and proper actions on another (now defunct) forum... 

Wonder how he feels about the brown team enforcing Covid prevention and health safety measures..?

263601766_4972744172744475_5174818871239292686_n.jpg

Security officers inspect bars and restaurants in Chiang Mai province on Tuesday night to ensure that COVID-19 prevention and health safety measures are followed. No violation was found, according to the police.

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish

18 hours ago, Krapow said:

Can see this Plan B being instigated very soon to try and deflect/take some of the heat off this Xmas party debacle.

Headshaking with these cunts ...

Press Briefing 6pm today!

These cunts are having a laugh, people couldn't even hold their loved ones hand when dying, while all the while they're having multiple parties in 10 Downing St.

It's fucking mental that while these cunts place restrictions on people ruining lives, livelihoods, mental health etc, then show such contempt for the public, that there is still people out there desperate for more restrictions brought back. 

They can go and f**k, i'll not be changing how i lead my life again, my view changed in June with the high percentage of the UK public vaccinated.  We need to live with this, we can't keep shutting everything down each time there is a new variant. If there's not enough hospital beds, fucking invest in more, stop using Covid as an excuse for your underfunding and mismanagement of the NHS. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

These cunts are having a laugh, people couldn't even hold their loved ones hand when dying, while all the while they're having multiple parties in 10 Downing St.

It's fucking mental that while these cunts place restrictions on people ruining lives, livelihoods, mental health etc, then show such contempt for the public, that there is still people out there desperate for more restrictions brought back. 

They can go and f**k, i'll not be changing how i lead my life again, my view changed in June with the high percentage of the UK public vaccinated.  We need to live with this, we can't keep shutting everything down each time there is a new variant. If there's not enough hospital beds, fucking invest in more, stop using Covid as an excuse for your underfunding and mismanagement of the NHS. 

Youd have thought that after Cummins and Barnard Castle a memo would have been circulated saying "we must be squeaky clean. Follow every rule to the letter, at the risk of your job. Applies to all." But no...

But it's not just our lot. The Finnish PM went clubbing after being a close contact....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59577371

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Painter said:

Youd have thought that after Cummins and Barnard Castle a memo would have been circulated saying "we must be squeaky clean. Follow every rule to the letter, at the risk of your job. Applies to all." But no...

But it's not just our lot. The Finnish PM went clubbing after being a close contact....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59577371

Boris Johnson should resign. 

He won't but, the hypocrisy of what happened last Christmas, when so many made sacrifices, is unacceptable IMO.. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Krapow said:

Can see this Plan B being instigated very soon to try and deflect/take some of the heat off this Xmas party debacle.

Headshaking with these cunts ...

You were right. 

Maybe you can give us your picks for Cheltenham tomorrow. 🙂

8 hours ago, Painter said:

He is relying on the "I do not recall" response. Used by those of dubious moral virtue since Adam and the apple investigation.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, fforest said:

BioNTech CEO says upcoming vaccine for the Omicron variant should be a “3-dose vaccine.” This would take the total number of COVID vaccine doses for the fully-compliant to 6 doses.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/12/08/will-omicron-change-what-fully-vaccinated-means-biontech-ceo-says-full-vaccine-regimen-against-variant-is-3-doses-not-2/?sh=2ccaeec675e3

16 minutes ago, fforest said:

BioNTech CEO says upcoming vaccine for the Omicron variant should be a “3-dose vaccine.” This would take the total number of COVID vaccine doses for the fully-compliant to 6 doses.

9 minutes ago, john luke said:

Could we have a link please?

An important factor in my opinion is over what period are the three dowses required?

What he said/meant was the original 2 doses and the booster, making 3. Not 3 completely new jabs.

Basic understanding of stuff was never a strong point in the conspiracy sites ...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

What he said/meant was the original 2 doses and the booster, making 3. Not 3 completely new jabs.

Basic understanding of stuff was never a strong point in the conspiracy sites ...

Well you could be right.....I thought he said 3 new jabs..

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2021 at 9:26 PM, roobob said:

You have to be joking. You are prepared to go into a 10 day isolations based on the other information you posted up.... absolutely ridiculous.

cheers

Get a positive PCR test in Thailand and it's off to hospital whether you have symptoms or not for 10 days.

My source for this information?

Young Smiler, Mrs Smiler and myself have just spent 10 days locked in Ampoe Phen hospital.

Really quite frightening how freedom/liberty is suddenly taken away....

• Sad 5
  • Surprised 4

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

It's been the same deal with our political leaders on our side of the Atlantic. Be it your Parliament or our Congress, 10 Downing St or 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.....it is the tyranny of the elite class with their restrictions and mandates put in place that they demand conformity by the masses, or else, while they do as they please.

Be it taking off on a vacation while telling the rest of us to stay home. Demanding that we all wear masks yet they happily go maskless into public places like restaurants and salons. Or keeping public or government schools shuttered forcing millions of kids to learn remotely from home, while their own children attend in person learning in the classroom in a private school not tied to the mandates of state schools......this virus has only served to expose, and expand, the sheer hypocrisy of our elitist leaders and the disconnect they have toward the people through their "do as I say, not as I do", mantra.

We are both riding in the same boat, mate. And I hope one day when we're able to disembark from this leaky vessel, we can grab a beer or two at LePub and get back to living again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

Get a positive PCR test in Thailand and it's off to hospital whether you have symptoms or not for 10 days.

Young Smiler, Mrs Smiler and myself have just spent 10 days locked in Ampoe Phen hospital.

Posted elsewhere that a friend of mine had the same experience. Went in for what should have been an outpatient treatment to rehydrate from a bad case of diarrhea and didn't see the light of day for 10 days due to a positive test, after the first was negative mind you.

10 hours ago, lazarus said:

Many people think Covid is here to stay and we just have to "live with it"...

Or not...

Capture1.JPG

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/08/europe/germany-covid-europe-intl/index.html

A much better article that goes into greater detail as to why deaths are increasing in Germany. No surprise the majority are unvaccinated.

Why is the COVID mortality rate spiking in Germany?

Who is dying now?

Last year, it was largely elderly people dying of COVID-19, particularly before the vaccine became available. Of all deaths reported since mid-March of 2020, after vaccines began to be rolled out for vulnerable populations, 86% were 70 and older, while the median age was 84. The median age of those with a fatal course of the coronavirus is currently at 83 years. So, the median age has only slightly dropped — but following current trends, it is expected to drop much more.

However, according to intensive care medics, the average age of COVID-19 patients in intensive care units now is significantly lower than in spring or even last autumn this year.

In an interview with the German news channel tagesschau24, intensive care doctor Uwe Janssens from the German Interdisciplinary Association for Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine warned about the dramatic situation facing German ICUs.

According to him, just fewer than half of COVID patients in intensive care units are under 60, which represents a break from past coronavirus surges.

"Many patients are 30 or 40 years old — and they're seriously ill. The majority of these people are not vaccinated. The mortality exceeds 50% — especially among the younger people," said Janssens.

How to reduce the death rate?

According to Germany's RKI, breakthrough cases — where someone who is vaccinated gets infected — are not significant in the mortality rate at the moment. Nevertheless, Germany's Standing Committee on Vaccination (StiKo) recommends a booster shot to help against the waning effect of vaccinations.

Janssens' urgent appeal is to get vaccinated, particularly for those 3 million people at higher risk over the age of 60 who have yet to receive a single shot. Beyond that, 13 to 14 million people in Germany between the ages of 18 and 59 have not yet been vaccinated. These people face a high risk of catching the more infectious delta variant of the virus.

• Great Info 2

8 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Boris Johnson should resign. 

He won't but, the hypocrisy of what happened last Christmas, when so many made sacrifices, is unacceptable IMO.. 

Don't be silly man, Boris has got this right under control. Nothing like a more restrictions to divert press attention from the current story. 

_122023330_ifrontpage9dec2021-nc.png

6 hours ago, Smiler said:

That's appalling.

This new strain is the most infectious yet so if it takes hold in Thailand will be more people carted off.

Did you have pay for this?

7 hours ago, Smiler said:

That's a main reason why I'm not making any attempt to get to Thailand at the moment.

Was this picked up by a test on arrival?

8 hours ago, Smiler said:

Very sad to hear this, hope you can unwind with your family after this detour and enjoy the days going forward.

I have a mate queuing right now at Heathrow T2 for his Singapore Airlines flight. He is stressed as he has been in the queue since 0750 and has only just got through the main door.  He reckons he may be at the check in desk around 1000 with his flight due to take off at 1110.

He is stressed and after all the sorting out of documents etc he is questioning whether he would do this again. I am sure he will make his flight (he says there are about a 100 passengers behind him in the queue).

The hoops to jump through and the checking of documents etc before travel and the subsequent tests in Thailand just don't make it fun presently to travel. He is solo, for me it would be a family and, like Smiler, the holiday can't start until you get a negative test on arrival which is what you hope for but, like Smiler, that nightmare delays the fun expected.

Edit. He did get an offer of upgrade to business class to Singapore only for £365 a couple of days ago which in hindsight might have been a great deal.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

That's appalling.

This new strain is the most infectious yet so if it takes hold in Thailand will be more people carted off.

Did you have pay for this?

No

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

That's a main reason why I'm not making any attempt to get to Thailand at the moment.

Was this picked up by a test on arrival?

No

54 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Very sad to hear this, hope you can unwind with your family after this detour and enjoy the days going forward.

Thanks Dave. 

Mods let me know if you want me to make a separate thread regarding my experience or add to an existing one.

Will do my best to put something together over the next couple of days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, Smiler said:

So it's 10 days then, something i was wondering. 

So worst case scenario if you got a positive, you'd have to do 10 days in hospital with the bill if insurance didn't pay?

That actually has me reassured a bit, if that's the absolute worse, well, unless you got really sick with it, but that could happen anywhere and insurance would pay for that.

I'm more likely to take a chance and come now .....and happy for you that the Smilers and out and smiling!