COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

9 minutes ago, Krapow said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Covid is the best thing that's happened to him, he's made a fortune outta it.

And as people  started getting on with their lives, he pivoted to the conspiracy freaks who are still obsessed with such stuff, to keep people watching his videos, ka-Ching!

4 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Give someone 15 minutes of fame and the kunt will always want more.

Attack the messenger and ignore the message 

21 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I just skimmed the video, but it seems it's a rather one sided message. He focuses on the risks of the vaccine and doesn't balance that with information about the risks associated with catching C19. That strikes me as fear mongering for views.

People need to make an informed decision based on their own personal circumstances. Can't do that if your only source are those that peddle how bad a vaccine is.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The big question for me has ways been, how many lives and  hospitalisation have been saved by inoculation and and how much time off of work and general suffering has it prevented ? That is the key question. 

It's easy to talk about adverse reactions to Covid vaccination but for many other vaccinations, including the Flu vaccination, there are also a small number of patients who will have a varying degree of adverse reactions  that could even include just having a sore arm for 2 or 3 days. 

For the moment, no one is being forced to have any inoculation for the prevention of any virus or disease.  There are currently no longer and restrictions being applied for those who have not been vaccinated against Covid

My feeling is that is therefore just a personal choice and up to the individual as to whether they wish to recoeve the vaccine or booster vaccine, depending on their own situation. What anyone else choses to do, based on whatever research or influences etc, is purely their choice  

There will always be anti vaxers, for a number of both real and conspiracy theories against big Pharma etc  

The problem I have, is when they attempt to convince me of their arguments. As it has already been mentioned, a few posts back, is "why" they want to convince others of their theories whilst themselves are making financial gain from their influencing media. Is that any different to accusing Pharmacitical companies from profiteering out of Covid?

What we are yet to see, is how endemic the new strain of Covid is this winter, how severe the symptoms may be, among different age groups and vulnerable groups.

Then there is the issue of the many people who are still experiencing "long Covid". That has absolutely nothing to do with vaccines and all to do with the Covif Virus. 

For me, personally, I have had 3 separate vaccinations. None of which have given me adverse reactions. To my knowledge, I have not had Covid.  Therefore, I feel that it's unlikely that a 4th jab will do me any harm.  So it's a simple choice or what I have to gain versus what I could lose. I view the Covid vaccine in the same way as I do with the u vaccine.  I have been recieving annual Flu jabs for 7 years and have never had Flu in UK during that time.

Coincidence or not? Who knows

One thing I am not doing is to try and convince others as to what they should do. It's up to them. I will not attempt to influence them in any way. 

Covid is no longer considered to be Pandemic, but that doesn't mean its going to go away. Let's hope that over time, we build a natural resistance against it. 

Mankind has always been hit by life threatening diseases and viruses throughout history. Some could argue that drug companies have made a fortune since the creation of penicillin and antibiotics. But they have saved billions of lives and are commonly used to treat infection. 

One thing that I can be certain about is the fact that  with research, development  and manufacture of certain drugs made by large Pharmaceutical companies and prescribed by the medical profession, I would be dead by now, for sure. 

I am off for a spot of breakfast. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

Attack? ffs Baz :lol:

What i posted was the truth, if you see it as an attack, then that's up to you.

Loads of people have made loads of money outta Covid, the Nurse in your video being one of them, as well as the businesses he mentions in said video.

He's selling a product, and to do so he needs consumers. His current consumers are of the more 'conspiracy minded', i don't think there's any doubt in that. If you think he's not continuing to do those videos to make money, well again, that's up to you.

I never mentioned the 'message'. Indeed, my views on the vaccine have been pretty much consistent this past couple of years, i mentioned it a few posts back in case you missed it.

So i assume your view is certain people/businesses are being selective with the truth or about what's really going on, to continue to sell the vaccine. 

But you don't see the nurse as being selective to continue to sell his product, yea? 

Up to you, farang! 

• Like 1

As the "it's nothing more than the flu" was raised again.

In Australia between the beginning of the year and 23rd June, 107 people died from influenza compared with 4,609 who died from Covid-19.

Interestingly, only 54,215 people were hospitalised with Covid-19 compared to 116,473 hospitalised with influenza. I guess one can assume that Covid-19 kills while one is dithering about going to hospital.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fygjam said:

As the "it's nothing more than the flu" was raised again.

In Australia between the beginning of the year and 23rd June, 107 people died from influenza compared with 4,609 who died from Covid-19.

Interestingly, only 54,215 people were hospitalised with Covid-19 compared to 116,473 hospitalised with influenza. I guess one can assume that Covid-19 kills while one is dithering about going to hospital.

I had better check with Jake the Asshole and see what he has to say...

• 2 weeks later...

Two scientists who developed technology that led to the mRNA Covid vaccines have won the Nobel Prize.

Dr Katalin Kariko and Dr Drew Weissman will share the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine after their pioneering work helped save millions of lives during the pandemic.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/covid-vaccine-pioneers-win-nobel-prize/news-story/404e1b14f701fd63eb5b104200bbc6ac

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, fygjam said:

Two scientists who developed technology that led to the mRNA Covid vaccines have won the Nobel Prize.

Dr Katalin Kariko and Dr Drew Weissman will share the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine after their pioneering work helped save millions of lives during the pandemic.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/covid-vaccine-pioneers-win-nobel-prize/news-story/404e1b14f701fd63eb5b104200bbc6ac

That's guaranteed to piss off Robert Malone even more.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=37737287

s.gif

Before you get downvoted to oblivion. I think it is a fair question.

Yes, Robert Malone could be seen as initiating the journey in 1987 [0] but there are a lot of landmark contributors who refined it to the mass-produced mRNA platform of today.

As with other Nobel Prizes, it is a far outdated award of the late 19th/early 20th century in which honoring single individuals made some sense.

In today's scientific enterprise the high-frequent collaborative effort of different teams all over the world is the norm, so over time it becomes pretty hard to single out individual scientists.

The prize winners of today are just widely recognized representatives (and therefore mostly older folks) of a particular successful scientific endeavor so that the public can still relate to the achievements via a personal story what would be otherwise a history lesson involving a lot of important people - and in this case I think Karikó's extraordinary perseverance throughout her science career fits this bill very well without ruffling up some too many feathers.

[0]https://archive.ph/xgmnv

s.gif

"While Malone promotes himself as an inventor of mRNA vaccines,[1][7] credit for the distinction is more often given to the lead authors on the major papers he contributed to (such as Felgner and Wolff), later advances by Katalin Karikó and Drew Weissman,[3][19] or Moderna co-founder Derrick Rossi.[13] Ultimately, mRNA vaccines were the decades-long result of the contributions of hundreds of researchers, including Malone.[3][20][21] In April 2022, Davey Alba, writing for The New York Times, said that "[w]hile he was involved in some early research into the technology, his role in its creation was minimal at best", citing "half a dozen Covid experts and researchers, including three who worked closely with Dr. Malone."[7] "[0]

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Malone

s.gif

The first few minutes of this video goes over what he contributed to the mRNA vaccine technology. The rest of the video debunks some claims he made on Joe Rogan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjszVOfG_wo

s.gif

I think we need to recognize that sometimes (often?) innovators are "kinda kooky" sometimes. In a different field, folks are surprised that a guy trying to send rockets to Mars is kinda kooky sometimes.
Edited by forcebwithu
  • Great Info 1

17 hours ago, gs joe said:

getting flu and booster shot on Saturday 

I get the flu and my 7th covid jag on the 11th November. 🙂

I postponed the covid jag as I only had covid two weeks ago. I have to believe if I hadn't had the covid jags my symptoms would have been far more severe.

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

I feel brave, because I am not a fan of needles!

I finish 6 weeks of giving myself blood thinner injections on the 16th October. My stomach is looking like a pin cushion. The needle looks long but it does not hurt at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 12:16 PM, forcebwithu said:

That's guaranteed to piss off Robert Malone even more.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=37737287

s.gif

Before you get downvoted to oblivion. I think it is a fair question.

Yes, Robert Malone could be seen as initiating the journey in 1987 [0] but there are a lot of landmark contributors who refined it to the mass-produced mRNA platform of today.

As with other Nobel Prizes, it is a far outdated award of the late 19th/early 20th century in which honoring single individuals made some sense.

In today's scientific enterprise the high-frequent collaborative effort of different teams all over the world is the norm, so over time it becomes pretty hard to single out individual scientists.

The prize winners of today are just widely recognized representatives (and therefore mostly older folks) of a particular successful scientific endeavor so that the public can still relate to the achievements via a personal story what would be otherwise a history lesson involving a lot of important people - and in this case I think Karikó's extraordinary perseverance throughout her science career fits this bill very well without ruffling up some too many feathers.

[0]https://archive.ph/xgmnv

s.gif

"While Malone promotes himself as an inventor of mRNA vaccines,[1][7] credit for the distinction is more often given to the lead authors on the major papers he contributed to (such as Felgner and Wolff), later advances by Katalin Karikó and Drew Weissman,[3][19] or Moderna co-founder Derrick Rossi.[13] Ultimately, mRNA vaccines were the decades-long result of the contributions of hundreds of researchers, including Malone.[3][20][21] In April 2022, Davey Alba, writing for The New York Times, said that "[w]hile he was involved in some early research into the technology, his role in its creation was minimal at best", citing "half a dozen Covid experts and researchers, including three who worked closely with Dr. Malone."[7] "[0]

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Malone

s.gif

The first few minutes of this video goes over what he contributed to the mRNA vaccine technology. The rest of the video debunks some claims he made on Joe Rogan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjszVOfG_wo

s.gif

I think we need to recognize that sometimes (often?) innovators are "kinda kooky" sometimes. In a different field, folks are surprised that a guy trying to send rockets to Mars is kinda kooky sometimes.

• Great Info 1

On 10/3/2023 at 2:47 PM, Jambo said:

I get the flu and my 7th covid jag on the 11th November. 🙂

I postponed the covid jag as I only had covid two weeks ago. I have to believe if I hadn't had the covid jags my symptoms would have been far more severe.

I finish 6 weeks of giving myself blood thinner injections on the 16th October. My stomach is looking like a pin cushion. The needle looks long but it does not hurt at all.

6 minutes ago, Jambo said:

In retrospect, I could never work out where Motown ended and Northern Soul started.

Or was it the other way round? 🤣

Being a Cockney it was all Motown to me.

I consider it mostly as "Motown", or R&B for simplicity. Think Diana Ross and The Jackson 5.

Cheers !

• Like 1