COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

39 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/04/09/police-threaten-search-shopping-trolleys-check-buying-essentials-12532339/amp/

Northamptonshire police are now saying they will search shoppers bags for non-essential items. This has gotten completely out of hand. People have lost their fucking minds, completely and utterly, anybody that thinks this is a good idea needs examined.

32 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

This is only one example of the utterly ludicrous response. People are being fined for driving to beauty spots on their own, just so they can enjoy the outdoors. It's absolutely bat shit crazy.

Typical examples of things going mad when too much power is granted to government and their officials.

And thats in a 1st world country....Imagine in 3rd world ones.

But hey, it's all to save us from ourself !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

This is only one example of the utterly ludicrous response. People are being fined for driving to beauty spots on their own, just so they can enjoy the outdoors. It's absolutely bat shit crazy.

Nobody likes having to stay at home indoors 

but it’s something that we must all do to protect lives . Doctors and nurses are risking their life’s to try and save others, surely it’s not much to ask for people to stay at home and help the nurses .

• Thumbs Up 7

8 minutes ago, Homor said:

but it’s something that we must all do to protect lives . Doctors and nurses are risking their life’s to try and save others, surely it’s not much to ask for people to stay at home and help the nurses .

If I have to live in a world where everyone is suspicious and afraid of each other why would I want to protect my life so I can keep living in this kind of world?......... I wont live in fear to live....

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Homor said:

1) who defines a non-essential item?

2) how is something going to the shop, practising social distancing, then returning home again going to kill anyone?

It's a massively disproportionate reaction. 

The world will look back on this in 20 years and be completely aghast at how the whole thing was handled.

5 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

1) who defines a non-essential item?

2) how is something going to the shop, practising social distancing, then returning home again going to kill anyone?

It's a massively disproportionate reaction. 

The world will look back on this in 20 years and be completely aghast at how the whole thing was handled.

Some people don’t do this . People are still going to house parties , beaches and parks .if everyone done this for a very few short weeks all this would be behind us and we could get back our life’s again .

the longer this goes on the more damage it will do to peoples life and work 

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Homor said:

Some people don’t do this . People are still going to house parties , beaches and parks .if everyone done this for a very few short weeks all this would be behind us and we could get back our life’s again .

the longer this goes on the more damage it will do to peoples life and work. 

We should just suffer a short period of hardshitip so we can get back to normality quicker. 

These idiots are just making it worse for people like us who are being sensible. 

I did my shopping this morning so don't need to leave the house all weekend. 

Yeah I'd love to be out on my bike but I'm only gonna get stopped by the police as they know I will be making an unessential journey. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

18 minutes ago, Homor said:

the longer this goes on the more damage it will do to peoples life and work 

There's a huge difference between having a house party and going to the supermarket. Police should not be rummaging through people's bags to see if they can take offense to anything in the shopping, it's fucking ludicrous.

20 minutes ago, galenkia said:

We should just suffer a short period of hardshitip so we can get back to normality quicker. 

These idiots are just making it worse for people like us who are being sensible. 

I did my shopping this morning so don't need to leave the house all weekend. 

Yeah I'd love to be out on my bike but I'm only gonna get stopped by the police as they know I will be making an unessential journey. 

Nobody is going to die if you take a spin on your motorbike. It is madness.

Screenshot_20200410_180034.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/9/2020 at 6:12 AM, Evil Penevil said:

Creationists have the potential to become dangerous to all of us because their actions are guided by a belief in divine revelation rather than science and secular law. I oppose them for the same reason I oppose Islamists who want to introduce sharia law in Western democracies or fundamentalist Christians who seek to limit abortion or teach religious doctrine in public schools under the  guise of history.

As proposed  by the Young Earth creationists, "intelligent design"  is not an alternative theory to evolution but a religious EXPLANATION based on the monotheistic Abrahamic account found in Genesis.

By definition, intellient design is not a theory that can be tested and verified empirically.  It rests entirely on the revealed word of the Bible.  To propose it as a scientific theory is a fraud and as religion, it should not be taught in public schools in the U.S.  That's also what U.S. courts have held.

I regard the flat earth "theory" as a literal joke, a pisstake on established science meant as satire.  I don't think the flat-earthers harm anyone.

Evil

All of that's fine, but the question was "who are flat-earthers and creationists dangerous to exactly? "

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Nobody is going to die if you take a spin on your motorbike. It is madness.

Screenshot_20200410_180034.jpg

I could the way I ride 😀

Think it's more about reducing the strain on the NHS by reducing the chances of accidents involving hospital visits. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

There's a huge difference between having a house party and going to the supermarket. Police should not be rummaging through people's bags to see if they can take offense to anything in the shopping, it's fucking ludicrous.

They are not and the one who said that admitted he f***d up by saying it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/7/2020 at 11:31 PM, Krapow said:

The Government's in a no win situation with some. 

If they hadn't acted and lockdown, as said above, got the blame for loads more deaths. 

Take action like lockdown, reduce the numbers dying, then the 'usuals' shouting 'see, massive overreaction'', or all a conspiracy' or whatever other pish they read on their mad websites. 

As above ^^^

This on a day when the UK posted more daily deaths than Spain or Italy ever did. If anything, the lockdown should have happened earlier, and been more stringent if required. We had an extra 3 or 4 weeks planning and data to play with, it's appalling figures, and that's just hospital figures, not even coronavirus deaths in care home or in the community figures, which is well over 1000 as well.  Although my family and myself were being respectful of the guidelines and those around us when we went to Hackney Marshes, well isolated, I've decided since a few days ago only to go literally outside our door, where I can look for ladybirds with my daughter, and run around the 'block' do my exercises, laugh at my missus and daughter copying them. 

And that's just coronavirus deaths, not even counting the others who are impacted by this. Just ask the owner of this forum, here's a post he made on Facebook, and i'm posting it here as he said 'Please feel free to share this' -

And you think your doing nothing wrong by not sticking to the rules of which all of the uk are following.
Enjoy your beaches, parks and meetings while the hospital can't continue treating me for cancer while you lot that insist in going out in public and think nothing is wrong.

I've had a call today from the hospital that i'll not be having my treatment in Manchester due to the amount of corona virus patients admitted.

So while this happen the cancer is going around my body and is now working its way into my bones and rest of my organs.

Please stay at home and keep safe.. Feel free to share this.

*Edit - Was just having a chat with Lanza on the phone, he's more than happy I posted the above, as that's his coronavirus reality!

Edited by Krapow
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 7

Interesting long article on the BBC on contact tracing technology.  

"Apple and Google are jointly developing technology to alert people if they have recently come into contact with others found to be infected with coronavirus.

They hope to initially help third-party contact-tracing apps run efficiently.

But ultimately, they aim to do away with the need to download dedicated apps, to encourage the practice.

The two companies believe their approach - designed to keep users, whose participation would be voluntary, anonymous - addresses privacy concerns.

Their contact-tracing method would work by using a smartphone's Bluetooth signals to determine to whom the owner had recently been in proximity for long enough to have established contagion a risk.

If one of those people later tested positive for the Covid-19 virus, a warning would be sent to the original handset owner.

No GPS location data or personal information would be recorded."

Full text (too long to post the whole thing):  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52246319

11 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Interesting long article on the BBC on contact tracing technology.  

"Apple and Google are jointly developing technology to alert people if they have recently come into contact with others found to be infected with coronavirus.

They hope to initially help third-party contact-tracing apps run efficiently.

But ultimately, they aim to do away with the need to download dedicated apps, to encourage the practice.

The two companies believe their approach - designed to keep users, whose participation would be voluntary, anonymous - addresses privacy concerns.

Their contact-tracing method would work by using a smartphone's Bluetooth signals to determine to whom the owner had recently been in proximity for long enough to have established contagion a risk.

If one of those people later tested positive for the Covid-19 virus, a warning would be sent to the original handset owner.

No GPS location data or personal information would be recorded."

Full text (too long to post the whole thing):  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52246319

Big brother is always watching me thinks!

5 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Which part of Priti Patel put him back in his box do you not understand?

30 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

You have way too much time on your hands unlike us that are working lol 

Working extra hours while this is going on ,with nothing to spend it on ,been banking a extra $500 a week 

I'm that bored I'm going through 3 books a day. 

FB_IMG_1585868264202.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4