Things you love today.

Krapow

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

Had had a double take on a difficult lake resulting in a 48lb mirror and a massive 60lb common. 

Champers all around for the boys tonight. 

🍾🍾🍾

My God!

They both are huge fish but that common is a monster.

In my lifetime I am sure that mirror carp alone would have been a UK record.

My respect!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

My bike. I really love riding that thing. 

It becomes part of you. It takes you places where you would never experience otherwise. Walking is good.... I'm just saying when on that bike - it is the balance of the physical aspects, but the brain has to be on full alert as well. Yet, along at that pace you still hear the sounds, see the housing, the fields, the dogs, the laughters, the cries.

I love it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can now say we're off to Thailand next month.

Can't say i've ever noticed much smog anywhere apart from Bangkok.

I do enjoy getting to Krabi after the grime and pollution of Bangers.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

This forum.

I know I am getting old when I would rather read this forum than have a wank.

Interesting conundrum.

Surprising (in some ways) that there isn't a wanking thread. I have a wanking story.

Many years ago as a young engineer on a north african project i was confident in my position as i'd been in the region for 4 years.

One of the older expats on his first overseas postings confided in me "there's something wrong with me, i'm wanking every night - just can't stop". I advised "don't worry, we're all the same. This desert and no women can drive you mad. I just survive waiting for my trips to BKK". He replied "No, No you don't understand. I'm wanking while fantasising about my wife".

That's the thing about these postings, they will drive you mad in the end.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Zambo said:

Interesting conundrum.

Surprising (in some ways) that there isn't a wanking thread. I have a wanking story.

Many years ago as a young engineer on a north african project i was confident in my position as i'd been in the region for 4 years.

One of the older expats on his first overseas postings confided in me "there's something wrong with me, i'm wanking every night - just can't stop". I advised "don't worry, we're all the same. This desert and no women can drive you mad. I just survive waiting for my trips to BKK". He replied "No, No you don't understand. I'm wanking while fantasising about my wife".

That's the thing about these postings, they will drive you mad in the end.

There’s no coming back from that. 😉

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Welcome back. How long has it been?

Just before covid hit. I had my flights made and was in the process of booking hotels when it started getting scary and I decided to wait an see. Was that 2020 or 2021? I can't really remember.  Getting old is hell on the memory. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Just before covid hit. I had my flights made and was in the process of booking hotels when it started getting scary and I decided to wait an see. Was that 2020 or 2021? I can't really remember.  Getting old is hell on the memory. 

Well Pattaya/Thailand should be a whole new experience.

So here's something that I truly LOVE!  After leaving the Starbucks with full intentions of going to see Phil, for some  strange  reason I turned right instead of left and ill be damned if i didn't end up on Soi 6. Now where else in the world can you do that. When home in Colorado I dream of being on Soi 6... and damn it here I am.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, thumper63 said:

So here's something that I truly LOVE!  After leaving the Starbucks with full intentions of going to see Phil, for some  strange  reason I turned right instead of left and ill be damned if i didn't end up on Soi 6. Now where else in the world can you do that. When home in Colorado I dream of being on Soi 6... and damn it here I am.

Now i'm getting on a bit my first stop is usually Queen Vic for a pork pie to ease my nerves. Then spider girls.

Have a good time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In years gone by I have always stayed a week in the Queen Vic. I'd start off with one week at Shhhhh. Then the QV. Then Billabong ( before it got so damn noisy)Then a week on Soi8. I liked staying in different locations as they are all have different atmospheres.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, thumper63 said:

The 6 was heaving with hot girl a few weeks ago, hopefully it is still the same for you.

• Thumbs Up 2