Bangkok and Other Airports - Your Recent Experience - Busy, OK or Quiet. Please Add your Experiences.

john luke

Main terminal at swampy was busy this morning, but everything was moving OK. Thai lounge was almost deserted. The train to the satellite terminal was crowded, but the satellite terminal was pleasantly quiet.

Edited by Painter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2

33 minutes ago, Painter said:

The train to the satellite terminal was crowded, but the satellite terminal was pleasantly quiet.

Who are you flying with and where to that requires a trip to the new terminal?

(I hadn't realised it until recently but "where to" is a specifically Dorset idiom .... I thought it was normal!!!!)

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Who are you flying with and where to that requires a trip to the new terminal?

(I hadn't realised it until recently but "where to" is a specifically Dorset idiom .... I thought it was normal!!!!)

Flying Swiss, to lhr via Zurich.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That has come up a few times on my searches.. Thanks!

One thing to consider.... that has to have been the coldest flight I've taken. Sweatshirt was retrieved from my bag, and the blanket supplied was made good use of...

• Thumbs Up 1

Flying from Brisbane to Udon Thani via Singapore and Bangkok next Sunday/Monday. 

Because of the amount of crap the wife wants to take over we had to book Thai economy plus from Bangkok to Udon Thani for the extra baggage allowance. The ticket says we get access to a lounge. Just wondering if anyone knows if the Thai domestic lounge at Bangkok has a shower as we have a 4 hour wait at the airport and a freshen up would be nice.

2 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Flying from Brisbane to Udon Thani via Singapore and Bangkok next Sunday/Monday. 

Because of the amount of crap the wife wants to take over we had to book Thai economy plus from Bangkok to Udon Thani for the extra baggage allowance. The ticket says we get access to a lounge. Just wondering if anyone knows if the Thai domestic lounge at Bangkok has a shower as we have a 4 hour wait at the airport and a freshen up would be nice.

There wasn't a shower in the Thai domestic lounge when I was last in there - November 2023.

• Thumbs Up 1

Went through Don Mueng domestic yesterday. 

There is a new drop off area for taxis where they have installed an escalator to allow you to get down to level 2 inside. Not seen that before. 

Check in with Air Asia was a breeze, as was security. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Arrived at Swampy at 09:30 ... self check in and bag drop took a couple of minutes ( very easy to use ) , no queues at security or immigration, so was sat in the lounge within 15 mins ( silver status so I get to use lounge even if not travelling Business 👍

• Thumbs Up 4

Immigration wasn't too bad, wasn't much of a queue that I noticed, though we were ushered to fast track as per usual.

5 mins max.

Though took about 30mins for bags to come, but come they did, so all good compared to last 2 trips with EVA.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Immigration wasn't too bad, wasn't much of a queue that I noticed, though we were ushered to fast track as per usual.

5 mins max.

Though took about 30mins for bags to come, but come they did, so all good compared to last 2 trips with EVA.

Glad you arrived safely.

Got to admit that on all the occasions I have traveled through immigration, with Kataleya, not once have I been ushered through Fast Track.  Possibly I have arrived and the immigration area hasn't been too busy and just went with the flow. Can't remember it being really busy at any time but it seems you get ushered at all times, you are not getting your little one to kick ankles are you? 

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Glad you arrived safely.

Got to admit that on all the occasions I have traveled through immigration, with Kataleya, not once have I been ushered through Fast Track.  Possibly I have arrived and the immigration area hasn't been too busy and just went with the flow. Can't remember it being really busy at any time but it seems you get ushered at all times, you are not getting your little one to kick ankles are you? 

lol 😆 No, they always just tell Sa in Thai, and we get ushered to fast track to the far right as entering. If it didn't happen, I would get Sa to ask the staff.

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

lol 😆 No, they always just tell Sa in Thai, and we get ushered to fast track to the far right as entering. If it didn't happen, I would get Sa to ask the staff.

May try that next time (likely summer '25) but Kataleya will be 10 by then. Must admit I will probably be kissing the floor that I am in Thailand, so if we don't get ushered (even if after asking), I will still have a smile on my face.

I am sure you are really happy to be in the LOS, well envious....

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

May try that next time (likely summer '25) but Kataleya will be 10 by then. Must admit I will probably be kissing the floor that I am in Thailand, so if we don't get ushered (even if after asking), I will still have a smile on my face.

I am sure you are really happy to be in the LOS, well envious....

Even happier to be here, checked into hotel, all luggage, and no drama!

At the usual Pullman King Power, a little bit more expensive than we normally do, but wouldn't stay anywhere else in Bangkok. Class hotel with hug pool. Caitlin had her own bed for only 1000 Baht per night.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you are thinking of using a "fast track" service at Don Muang or Swampy, be careful!

The Immigration Bureau has warned tourists not to fall victim to online advertisements that offer fast-track immigration service for 2,900 baht per flight at Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2766248/immigration-warns-of-fake-fast-track-service

10 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I looked at some of those rates for Pattaya and Hua Hin, even Surat Thani pier, they are very competitive. Quite surprised, thought they would be higher.

👍 The HH rate is the same as I pay my regular taxi driver , but Pattaya I only pay 1,300 and I think some companies still do it for 1,100 ... 

Ko Chang is same price I was quoted for a minibus for five door to door ( but mine was from Patts ) 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Flew in from Tokyo yesterday. Landed at the new satellite terminal, very quiet. Got the shuttle to the main terminal and straight into immigration with no queue! Fastest ever for me!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Spyder said:

Flew in from Tokyo yesterday. Landed at the new satellite terminal, very quiet. Got the shuttle to the main terminal and straight into immigration with no queue! Fastest ever for me!

agreed the terminal is nice clean and airy to.came in on qatar right by the stairs down the monorail.was ready to power walk when i got off to passport as it was a hell of a walk before.but got a surprise.flew out yesterday from it nice smooth and right by the gate when i came up.such a improvement.emirates wanted to move in to and put a lounge in but the space was allocated was not big enough for what they wanted.so they spat dummy outand refused to move over.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1