What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

37 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Looks like you may need to find a new spot for your TV ...

Should be fine, trickery of the camera lens with the object being closer me thinks!

BUT, if not he can raise it up a tad.

Just finishing off my cup of tea, then going to go replace an outside halogen security light with a new LED one.

What will be the odds of being able to reuse the holes in the brick work?

Little or none me thinks!

Heading off to work. The New TV is hooked up and exceeding expectations. Will post pics tonight when I get home. One thing that surprised me is the remote control.  It is as simple as simple can be. See if you can pick out which on is the new remote......

20200506_074516.jpg

8 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Heading off to work. The New TV is hooked up and exceeding expectations. Will post pics tonight when I get home. One thing that surprised me is the remote control.  It is as simple as simple can be. See if you can pick out which on is the new remote......

20200506_074516.jpg

Definitely the bottom one 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thumper63 said:

20200506_074516.jpg

The bottom one looks just like mine for my Samsung 78 incher.

Beautiful morning out and sunshine forecast for all week - the remaining patches of snow are  disappearing quickly. Just finished a leisurely (isn't everything leisurely these days?) breakfast and will start getting ready to go out in the driveway and start tearing apart the front end of my 2001 Ford F250 4x4 - been putting it off too long but gotta get at it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Beautiful morning out and sunshine forecast for all week - the remaining patches of snow are  disappearing quickly. Just finished a leisurely (isn't everything leisurely these days?) breakfast and will start getting ready to go out in the driveway and start tearing apart the front end of my 2001 Ford F250 4x4 - been putting it off too long but gotta get at it. 

Welcome home Gordon.  Good to see you have come out of quarantine. 

47 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Exactly....

They have sure made big strides in simplifying the remote. Who needed 47 buttons?

Lot of Boomers buying new TV/Monitors
...finally figured out how to 'stream.

Remotes simplified as a concession because Boomers cognitive ability is in decline.

mini-LFUBF7PZBNG2HJHTUQNHGQ2QDE.jpg

Edited by lazarus
interrupted by call from g.reaper...

Just watching movies on Amazon Prime.

That may seem simple for many but the other day I ordered something from Amazon for the first time and I was offered Amazon Prime for 30 days free with option to cancel at anytime after the free period.  Thought it a good deal and when looking further it seems for only £7.99 (after free period) you can get free delivery on quite a few items so it would pay for itself in effect quite quickly each month.

Now that made me smile but what made me smile even more was that I get Amazon Prime TV/Movies etc as part of the 30 day deal and for the ongoing cost of £7.99. Never understood this was part of the deal and having looked at Amazon Prime on my Smart TV I am quite gobsmacked at what they have to offer within the deal.

So today I am doubly happy about using Amazon.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just watching movies on Amazon Prime.

That may seem simple for many but the other day I ordered something from Amazon for the first time and I was offered Amazon Prime for 30 days free with option to cancel at anytime after the free period.  Thought it a good deal and when looking further it seems for only £7.99 (after free period) you can get free delivery on quite a few items so it would pay for itself in effect quite quickly each month.

Now that made me smile but what made me smile even more was that I get Amazon Prime TV/Movies etc as part of the 30 day deal and for the ongoing cost of £7.99. Never understood this was part of the deal and having looked at Amazon Prime on my Smart TV I am quite gobsmacked at what they have to offer within the deal.

So today I am doubly happy about using Amazon.

It's a pretty good deal if you purchase a fair few items.

Which movies have you watched that you like please?

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It's a pretty good deal if you purchase a fair few items.

Which movies have you watched that you like please?

Have watched Tomboy with Michelle Rodriguez which was a good thriller. I am watching Anna which has got a gorgeous assassin in it, really stunning girl and good action packed movie, a bit like a female John Wick...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Have watched Tomboy with Michelle Rodriguez which was a good thriller. I am watching Anna which has got a gorgeous assassin in it, really stunning girl and good action packed movie, a bit like a female John Wick...

I love John Wick, I will check out Anna. Thanks!

The Boys on Amazon is worth a watch , a different spin on the Superhero genre 

I find Amazon a little annoying, so many of the movies or series I want to watch are extra .... on Netflix everything is free and part of the subscription 

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

The Boys on Amazon is worth a watch , a different spin on the Superhero genre 

I find Amazon a little annoying, so many of the movies or series I want to watch are extra .... on Netflix everything is free and part of the subscription 

I have Prime for the delivery, the rest of it I don't really use, hence the interest in the free movies that were decent. I should really exploit it more me thinks!

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have Prime for the delivery, the rest of it I don't really use, hence the interest in the free movies that were decent. I should really exploit it more me thinks!

+1

I have had Prime for a few years now and only recently started to check out Prime Video. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I bought it when they were having a Black Friday type sale . Cost me £50 for the year , unless they offer another deal I don't think I'll be renewing it , although they didn't have decent tennis coverage and quite a few EPL matches this year ...

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

I bought it when they were having a Black Friday type sale . Cost me £50 for the year , unless they offer another deal I don't think I'll be renewing it , although they didn't have decent tennis coverage and quite a few EPL matches this year ...

Too be honest it probably wouldn't replace a good package like SKY, Virgin etc but as I had never used it before and it is included in the small £7.99 Amazon Prime package for getting certain deliveries for free when bought online I am well happy.

• Like 2