What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 hours ago, monkey_omelette said:

Does everyone put TV's on walls now? I cannot stand it, reminds me of a Premier Inn hotel room.

Jeez get a life mate, and try upgrading the type of hotels you’re frequenting. 🤔

Edited by KhunDon
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, maipenrai said:

In my modest little home I really don't have enough wall room to mount a TV so I have mine on a stand; I seldom watch any actual programming but use my laptop through the big screen with remote keyboard and mouse:

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

My problem would be the screen is disproportionate compared to the rest of the furniture ?

Concerning wall mounting, I dont like it. I like to have the screen at eye level when sitting on the sofa. Wallmounting is OK for the pub or sportbars IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Probably an American thing. Same as with the Winchester above the bar ....

Hahahaha....joking, man !

How did you know I had a Winchester....lol..lol

Way back when, in rural America, just about every pickup truck on the road had a rifle in the rack of the back window. Mostly Winchester 30-30 or some brand of 22 caliber. It was as common as a spare tire. There were considered a tool to be used on the farm or ranch. No one gave it a second thought and no one would ever consider stealing one. It was a different time back then.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

How did you know I had a Winchester....lol..lol

Way back when, in rural America, just about every pickup truck on the road had a rifle in the rack of the back window. Mostly Winchester 30-30 or some brand of 22 caliber. It was as common as a spare tire. There were considered a tool to be used on the farm or ranch. No one gave it a second thought and no one would ever consider stealing one. It was a different time back then.

Yea .. LOL ... the first time I was ever in Texas ( I am a Brooklyn guy ) .. jeezez  .. guys had a gun racks in the rear window of their trucks loaded with guns ... I thought to myself this is pretty cool ...

I still have a couple of Glocks ... tried to teach Beach Gal how to use .... but, she is reluctant .. she would rather have a broom stick in her hands ... I try to tell her that is a waste of energy and time ... she still is reluctant ...

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

My problem would be the screen is disproportionate compared to the rest of the furniture ?

Concerning wall mounting, I dont like it. I like to have the screen at eye level when sitting on the sofa. Wallmounting is OK for the pub or sportbars IMO.

I never watch TV ... just for banging code and a little you tube .. other than that I am outside on the beach and sea ...

IMG_5043.JPG

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

My poor old eyes are more important than the rest of the furniture, lol....plus I only have 800 sq ft of living space  so I have to squeeze things in wherever I can; but it's comfy and cheap to heat in the winter - and I have a nice big yard outside...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

Looks like you have half a pharmacy (chemist shop) on your table.

No Bro ... all five or 6 containers on the table except the one with the eye dropper are all various types of tiger balm ( magic stuff ) .... some lavender oil , some vitamins , vitamin E , some ganja ... nothing out of the ordinary ...

But I should clean it up ...

IMG_5044.JPG

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just had my breakfast and a couple of cups of tea, I have had a few freezer problems this past week or so. You would think it easy to buy a new freezer, But during this lockdown they have all been purchased as extra food storage in garages etc. Quite incredible over reaction by the public in my area. I eventually tracked down a company that had a large chest freezer available. It wasn't my first choice of direction to go, but have been forced into it really. Any way, it was delivered yesterday to my garage by two large guys. I spent a good few hours getting it unpacked and moved into position by myself and assembled. It's been running all night. Today I am going to move 100kgs of bait from two other chest freezers into it and that will let me turn then off to defrost.

IMG_20200512_48144.jpgIMG_20200512_33603.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2

Just back from a quick blast round the park on my mountain bike this morning. My work enrolled me on some daft health and safety course during this lockdown. Ive not looked at the books or stuff since I got them a month ago, I was thinking last night I better open them up and get a start on it this afternoon I reckon😀

IMG_1204.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just had my breakfast and a couple of cups of tea, I have had a few freezer problems this past week or so. You would think it easy to buy a new freezer, But during this lockdown they have all been purchased as extra food storage in garages etc. Quite incredible over reaction by the public in my area. I eventually tracked down a company that had a large chest freezer available. It wasn't my first choice of direction to go, but have been forced into it really. Any way, it was delivered yesterday to my garage by two large guys. I spent a good few hours getting it unpacked and moved into position by myself and assembled. It's been running all night. Today I am going to move 100kgs of bait from two other chest freezers into it and that will let me turn then off to defrost.

IMG_20200512_48144.jpgIMG_20200512_33603.jpg

My Mum used to keep a notebook with all the major purchases in , year and how much .... I was looking at it last week , my Dads chest freezer in the garage is 45 years old and still going strong 5555

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

UK furlough scheme extended through to October. Good luck trying to get the plebs back to work before then. Idiots.

Not even seen any news yet today,  my work better get me back soon. This was alright first couple of weeks but this is starting to piss me off stuck at home. I never thought I’d miss seeing half the grumpy old twats I work with 😀

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

My Mum used to keep a notebook with all the major purchases in , year and how much .... I was looking at it last week , my Dads chest freezer in the garage is 45 years old and still going strong 5555

Mine are over 30 years old and one is still OK, the other has a faulty thermostat, so runs constantly which is the better of the 2 fault conditions.

They don't make um like they used to me thinks!

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Mine are over 30 years old and one is still OK, the other has a faulty thermostat, so runs constantly which is the better of the 2 fault conditions.

They don't make um like they used to me thinks!

When the thermostat in my fridge packed it in and replacements were no longer available an STC-1000 temperature controller ($AU14 from China) does the job.

s-l640.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My little bar near the supermarket has re opened, so happily enjoying a Bintang.

Opening hours limited 10 am 6 pm, not sure they'll make money, but I guess breaking even and paying the 2 staff should be a satisfying start.

Happy to give them my custom, its THE way to help local business. 

Sadly, not many (like in "zilch") tourist tottie to look at 😥😥😥

20200513_102902_copy_768x1024.jpg

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

My little bar near the supermarket has re opened, so happily enjoying a Bintang.

Opening hours limited 10 am 6 pm, not sure they'll make money, but I guess breaking even and paying the 2 staff should be a satisfying start.

Happy to give them my custom, its THE way to help local business. 

Sadly, not many (like in "zilch") tourist tottie to look at 😥😥😥

20200513_102902_copy_768x1024.jpg

COOL !   Keep the faith Bro ....

• Like 1