What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Off to work in 10 minutes but on signing on here again tonight I have found that I have stopped reading through all the Covid 19 threads, there is so much speculation and personal opinion mooted that I have become desensitized from it all.

I would rather ride this pandemic out as best as I can from the information I glean from the real experts (right or wrong) and deal with the fall out, like others, when this is all over.

Seriously I was getting out my comfort zone on the Secrets thread, these covid threads are running that annoying thread a close second and I can't wait for these threads to be consigned to the 'yesterday's news' bin as well.

4 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Off to work in 10 minutes but on signing on here again tonight I have found that I have stopped reading through all the Covid 19 threads, there is so much speculation and personal opinion mooted that I have become desensitized from it all.

I would rather ride this pandemic out as best as I can from the information I glean from the real experts (right or wrong) and deal with the fall out, like others, when this is all over.

Seriously I was getting out my comfort zone on the Secrets thread, these covid threads are running that annoying thread a close second and I can't wait for these threads to be consigned to the 'yesterday's news' bin as well.

Just take it with a pinch of.salt and a zest of humour !

And no need to read A4 pages report from "experts" ....most of them are just wind.  If an earthquake strikes tmrw, the place (and Youtube) will be full of earthquake experts.....  Brexit topic was way more interesting !

Concerning the Sh...thread, it's like the Macons...if you're not in it from very young you can't see the point.  It's all a conspiracy  😁😁🙈🙈😱😱

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Wouldn't matter the subject, some folks just like to disagree and foment acrimony wherever they go, and that is apparent on the Covid threads.  They must get some sort of kick out of it but it beats me how.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just downloaded the LG Smart Plus TV app to my phone as it appears the wee one has lost the remote. It must be in the house somewhere as she is renowned for hiding things. Trouble is I have looked everywhere and, so far, no luck in it's location. 

The TV app is pretty good for allowing your phone to act as TV remote control.

Having a couple of beers out the back garden, it's still a bit sunny up here. My brother dropped off a box of Sol. I've not had it in years, it's not the best but it tastes not that bad. Having  a couple then going to get myself something from the fish and chip shop that opened back up yesterday. 😀

beer.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just got me a gallon of Aloe Vera gel. Already have a 5th of Everclear grain alcohol at 190 proof. Am going to try my hand at making my own hand sanitizer.  All the videos I've seen onYouTube basically say to mix 2 to 1 equal parts of alcohol and gel. Then add a few drops of herbal oils to kill the alcohol smell. Will try when next over at the GFs house 

1588111336060962899669150122464.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Just got me a gallon of Aloe Vera gel. Already have a 5th of Everclear grain alcohol at 190 proof. Am going to try my hand at making my own hand sanitizer.  All the videos I've seen onYouTube basically say to mix 2 to 1 equal parts of alcohol and gel. Then add a few drops of herbal oils to kill the alcohol smell. Will try when next over at the GFs house 

1588111336060962899669150122464.jpg

Don't drink it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Don't drink it.

Believe me, I'm a bit freaked out about the whole thing. When I decided to give it a try and bought the Everclear.... it was the first time in 28 years that I stepped foot into a liquor store.  Really a strange  feeling.

And I didnt like it.

Edited by thumper63
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Believe me, I'm a bit freaked out about the whole thing. When I decided to give it a try and bought the Everclear.... it was the first time in 28 years that I stepped foot into a liquor store.  Really a strange  feeling.

And I didnt like it.

You want sanitizer with at least 70 percent alcohol...so looks like you good to good to go.

19 minutes ago, Starshine said:

You want sanitizer with at least 70 percent alcohol...so looks like you good to good to go.

Hahaha.... Everclear will take the paint off a car. There was a video on youtube where this guy kept taking a pull off the bottle as he was making his magic potion. He was pissed half way through. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

And I didnt like it.

52 minutes ago, Starshine said:

The Miss had this great idea 4 weeks ago... made a mix for hands and one for spraying the house...

OK, the mania lasted 48h ... Didn't cost much, so whatever....

We didn't even bought any of this stuff since the panic started 2 months ago.  Survived 67 y without it, so whats the problem ?  And the millions that live in the jungle have other priorities than spending their money on this shit. Stuff like food for example.  And they dont die by the dozens from what I know....

Ok, just done my 300m swim, stock market news now and later off to the supermarket for bread. 

And probably a stop at the beach for a beer !

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thumper63 said:

And I didnt like it.

You need ever clear to make Apple Pie moonshine.

Oh baby,it’s bloody wonderful.

3 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

Shaved my head for the first time in my life. I am not bald, but wanted to see what I would look like with a dome. Not posting a pic, but it's somewhere between the lead singer of Midnight Oil and the movie, "These Hills Have Eyes".

That bad huh?

The Latest Peter Garrett News

Watching the racing from Happy Valley, HK

The paddock expert Jenny mentioned a longshot called Delightful Laos. Being a big beer Lao man thought that had to be worth £2 win and place. I was right, £144 return- lovely job, total fluke but lovely 😀

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Surprised 1