What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

I am sitting watching Spagetti Westerns whilst nursing my aching body,

I spent the afternoon yesterday digging out Dandelions from the grass and generally clearing out weeds. I filled 3 buckets with them. My garden has been neglected for some time so it's a start. This gardening lark is bloody hard work, I have aches and pains in places that I never knew I had.  Getting old sucks at times!

IMG_20200422_28677.jpg

IMG_20200421_13787.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Haha 3

Looking for a ‘new’ secondhand bike. I’ve got a shitty old MTB that I’ve been using fir 3 weeks but really getting into going out on it daily with my son, so looking for an upgrade. So many nicked bikes for sale out there just waiting for a proper one to come along. 

wife bought new from Halfords but I fancy getting a higher spec second hand bike and I’m a fan of recycling 😎

Well I just took the plunge and bought a new Samsung 65 inch 4K TV. My trusty 12 year old Samsung Plasma still works great but it won't stream my Amazon Prime programs through the new Firestick that I bought to help ease the pains of self isolation due to the virus. I have the Prime on my phone and my ipad but thought it'd be spectacular to have it on the big screen.  So long story short.... that damn 20 dollar firestick cost me a thousand dollars for a new tv.... lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Well I just took the plunge and bought a new Samsung 65 inch 4K TV. My trusty 12 year old Samsung Plasma still works great but it won't stream my Amazon Prime programs through the new Firestick that I bought to help ease the pains of self isolation due to the virus. I have the Prime on my phone and my ipad but thought it'd be spectacular to have it on the big screen.  So long story short.... that damn 20 dollar firestick cost me a thousand dollars for a new tv.... lol

Your new TV should stream Prime without a fire stick now, I am guessing the Plasma didn't have a hdmi input then?

7 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Your new TV should stream Prime without a fire stick now, I am guessing the Plasma didn't have a hdmi input then?

The Plasma had the inputs but there was a glitch when trying to play the programs.

I also had to buy a new Wifi router as my old one was getting " Grumpy." I've  been working so I dropped the router and the firestick off at my tec guys house so he get these 2 up an running. Everything worked just fine. So when I got home I got it all set up and the prime menu would come up just fine and i could browse through all the program options.... but when i hit the play button it would just go to a black screen.  Funny part was that I would have audio but no video. Tried it 20 different ways with no change. Even had my tec guy come over. No luck. He figured the old tv just couldn't handle the new technology.  On the bright side.... I traded up from a 50 inch to a 65 inch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

The Plasma had the inputs but there was a glitch when trying to play the programs.

I also had to buy a new Wifi router as my old one was getting " Grumpy." I've  been working so I dropped the router and the firestick off at my tec guys house so he get these 2 up an running. Everything worked just fine. So when I got home I got it all set up and the prime menu would come up just fine and i could browse through all the program options.... but when i hit the play button it would just go to a black screen.  Funny part was that I would have audio but no video. Tried it 20 different ways with no change. Even had my tec guy come over. No luck. He figured the old tv just couldn't handle the new technology.  On the bright side.... I traded up from a 50 inch to a 65 inch.

I used to run a fire stick on my old TV too, it was functional but very sluggish and tempermental. I have a new 50 inch Sony now and run Prime drirectly from the Apps. Much better and seemless as long as you have a good internet connection.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Thai Spice said:

New arrivals at the "nomad cat tribe" ...

20200423_102209_copy_768x1024.jpg

20200423_102447_copy_768x1024.jpg

Normally the 2 or 3 "resident cats" in the resort can find food between the various bungalows and the restaurant kitchen, but now with the place empty my "cat food" budget took a hit......

Is the one in the middle called Harry?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

g3e6qu83lizy.gif

This is just how I feel when I wake up in the morning now...I think is today going to be another day of Covid insanity? And no I am not joking...

Edited by fforest
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, fforest said:

This is just how I feel when I wake up in the morning now...I think is today going to be another day of Covid insanity?

Every day brings a new surprise or idiotie from what I see from my brief looks at news websites.... And obviously it's not gonna stop soon.

1 hour ago, Steelers4Life said:

Can't figure out why there are 501 noodles in one box I have here and 503 in the other box. Inconsistences disturb me. I am not done with this project as of yet.

Isolation is taking it's toll it seems. 😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Can't figure out why there are 501 noodles in one box I have here and 503 in the other box. Inconsistences disturb me. I am not done with this project as of yet.

Well use ya noodle!

use (one's) noodle

To use one's own intelligence and intellectual ability; to think logically and rationally. ("Noodle" here is slang for head or brain. Often said as an imperative.)

Edited by fygjam

Just about to participate in my first online funeral. An old chap, natural causes, nothing corvid related, and expected.

A few of us are going to line the road at random places as he leaves home for the last time, then return to our homes to log on.

Strange days.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just looking through my daughter's new blue passport. Arrived today.

20200422_113838.jpg

Just had to go check my daughter's after seeing this, runs out July 21.

So this time next year she will get a nice blue one as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1