What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just up my parents for Christmas Day, this is my first time in years i've been home for it, i'm usually working or in Thailand.I wasn't going to go round my parents house with all this covid but my mum was giving me a load of hassle saying I better go for dinner or else😂😂

I got back from work Wednesday and with my rota and holidays I put in at the start of the year that's me off for 6 weeks. I haven't  got a clue what I will do since i'm not going to Thailand like I planned. I'm going to wait a few weeks and see how things are with travel, thinking about going to Dubai for a week and meet the girlfriend over there if it's allowed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Spent most of the morning doing video chats with family and friends, it's freezing outside, trying to decide whether to take a walk before I start to indulge in the drink and food.

Went for a hour walk then an hour on the bike this morning . Close to freezing but at least its sunny. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got back from my mums,didn't go in just took her some cakes the missus cooked.First time for over 20 years that she hasn't come over for Xmas dinner but she didn't want to.She is in remarkably good spirits though & celebrates her 91st in a few days time.

Missus cooking roast chicken & I'm on the Tanglefoot with a nice Merlot breathing to wash down dinner so will be feeling no pain in the near future.

• Like 4

Been out for some fresh air, 2.5 miles of very fresh air. Minus 4 real feel here right now!

Home and showered up.

Just finished my Xmas dinner, poured a pint of Abbott ale and now it's feet up time to see what garbage we have for entertainment tonight on the TV.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Been out for some fresh air, 2.5 miles of very fresh air. Minus 4 real feel here right now!

Home and showered up.

Just finished my Xmas dinner, poured a pint of Abbott ale and now it's feet up time to see what garbage we have for entertainment tonight on the TV.

Your wet -4 probably feels colder than my dry -22...good day to put one's feet up.

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Your wet -4 probably feels colder than my dry -22...good day to put one's feet up.

Not sure about that mate, but it certainly cuts across the face. We have had an incredible amount of rainfall this weeks and most of our lakes are closed as flooded and several of our rivers have broken their banks and causing havoc.

Edited by boydeste

Just home from consuming far too much (but no sprouts) at mother's,  with my brother and his family.

As of tomorrow, they resume their bubble.... I only visit either as a tradesman when something needs doing....  with my frantic social life at the moment I am a lot safer visiting than getting an actual tradesman who might have seen several others in the past few days... but hey, thems the rules!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Listening to Britains favourite 80's songs.

Amazing how much we associate music with times in our life.

Yea, i don't watch them sorts shows now. I really enjoy them, but they always make me want to get a drink and a smoke, i suppose the memories, good times. 

One of the very few things that does get me craving a drink, smoke or more these days.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Yea, i don't watch them sorts shows now. I really enjoy them, but they always make me want to get a drink and a smoke, i suppose the memories, good times. 

One of the very few things that does get me craving a drink, smoke or more these days.

I can relate to that, if those memories have been put to bed.

35 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

8:30am in the morning and having my first beer at the Dolphins hotel, Tweed Heads.
Could get messy later.
0d85ab4676e527e04f69b3b1d8b90619.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer for breakfast has never been one for me, but have been with guys drinking whiskey for breakfast so what do I know. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1