What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I don't know why Wales should be different but I went to Lidl in Pontardawe (over the mountain from Neath) this morning at about 9.45am.  On the radio they were informing us that in England people were queuing around the block at many supermarkets at 0630 am.  I expected to see the same queues at my Lidl but got there and the car park was no more busy than usual.

No queue at the door, straight in and after about 15 minutes of getting some bread, milk and some last minute items I just walked up to a self service and then out the door.  I was just wondering where all this panic was.  The shelves were full, nothing except my Winter Ale was missing (pissed off about that but I already have some) so I was rather surprised after what I heard on the radio.

Although it was very busy, they had loads of staff on and all the tills manned. There is a traffic light system on entry, so people naturally get spaced out at the start. I only had to wait for one person to finish at the sanitiser station, then I was in. I don't think people were panic buying, just busy shopping for xmas.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just been over the mountain to the large Lidl, no queue, just walked in and when finished straight to an empty self service and out door.  Get a call from wife as I am turning on the car engine to bring back some pork mince so as no queue I went back in and out in 5 mins.

Maybe the welsh have no money or just shopped early. Certainly no panic buying noticeable or queues.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yesterday we went up to the village butchers to get a chicken(can't stand turkey) but the queue stretched almost the length of the high street.

So I checked the opening time on the net & told the missus to wake me at 6.30am to be at the butchers for their 7am opening.

She woke me up & I went straight back to sleep.She went for her morning walk at the end of which she queued for > 1 hour & got us our bird & a load of sausages.I knew there was a reason that I love her!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just thinking that a Topic I created yesterday that was about the Brexit deal being imminent has disappeared so I can only assume it has been deleted or put into the Politics Club.

If that is the will of the authorities then so be it but I will not enter the politics club so it is sad that I can't see a thread that I actually created.

As it was meant to be a factual update on the state of play in Brexit and should have continued to offer updates I find it sad that it could become a home for political comment. Personally if it has then I would rather it was just deleted.

Of course it could be my age and it is still lurking around somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Just thinking that a Topic I created yesterday that was about the Brexit deal being imminent has disappeared so I can only assume it has been deleted or put into the Politics Club.

If that is the will of the authorities then so be it but I will not enter the politics club so it is sad that I can't see a thread that I actually created.

As it was meant to be a factual update on the state of play in Brexit and should have continued to offer updates I find it sad that it could become a home for political comment. Personally if it has then I would rather it was just deleted.

Of course it could be my age and it is still lurking around somewhere.

There is already a Brexit thread in the Political Club.

And it's rather well civilized !

So don't be scared, and hop in.

Note : stay away from the MULTIPLE US politics thread which are mainly garbage....

• Thumbs Up 1

UK/EU Politics are fine in that section, different points of view and disagreements, but as said, all civil.

A million miles from US Political threads, bunch of squealing lunatics, and the reason why i stopped mostly opening threads in that section.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just finished work until a week Monday. 

Temperature has plummeted, far colder than 5am this morning. 

Has dropped to 5 here but quite bright n sunny same as last year my old pops just reminded me

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

There is already a Brexit thread in the Political Club.

And it's rather well civilized !

So don't be scared, and hop in.

Note : stay away from the MULTIPLE US politics thread which are mainly garbage....

I just believe that if a thread is created in good faith the owner should be advised if it is moved.

I won't enter the politics section so I will not be seeing responses to my topic which really was for info.