What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

50 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just electronically signed an offer to purchase my house.

I've been renting it out to the same tenant since I moved to Thailand 13 years ago. I had informed my tenant a couple of years ago of my intent to sell, but then the China virus happened and I put off selling. As it turns out it was fortuitous for my tenant as she is now in a financial position to purchase the house, and for me as prices have gone up around 15-20% over the last year.

Win win all around as she and her family can stay in the house they've called home for 13 years, and I avoid the hassle and expense of listing the house on the open market.

Working on something similar now. Gonna let my Sis and an agent take care of the closing and I can sign the docs from my perch in CM. I'll give them a cut of course. But, I just want to get the f@#k out of here ASAP.

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Ask if you can be put on a waitlist in case of no shows.

Yep, tried that too but she wouldn't do it, probably have too many on the waiting list !

I am damn sure I'll fly to see my sons next year so will get it done there as I'm a registered patient there.

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

Woke up to a lovely current bun today after what can only be described as Baltic conditions the last couple of days. Fishing has been difficult, but at least I can listen to the cuckoo and other local bird life in beautiful sunshine. 

IMG_20220427_44864.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Had a dermatology appt today at Watford hospital for a growth on my face....waiting room was rammed so thought I should've brought some sarnies when less than a minute later a beautiful young Philippina nurse called out my name.All done & dusted inside 30 mins.Local anaesthetic,cut it out then cauterised it.Was close to getting a stiffy when she was leaning over me....👹

• Like 7

Sitting with a bag of frozen peas on my left knee which is still giving me grief. I did 80 sit/ups yesterday thinking they could not possibly affect my knee. I was wrong!

The good news is that having waited for eight months to visit the Eye hospital today after having a whole variety of tests the prognosis was that my problem is in all likelihood not serious. Further appointment in six months time to check nothing has changed.

I was very impressed with the orthopaedic dept at the St. John's hospital in Livingston and the friendly nature of all the staff that dealt with me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Sitting with a bag of frozen peas on my left knee which is still giving me grief. I did 80 sit/ups yesterday thinking they could not possibly affect my knee. I was wrong!

The good news is that having waited for eight months to visit the Eye hospital today after having a whole variety of tests the prognosis was that my problem is in all likelihood not serious. Further appointment in six months time to check nothing has changed.

I was very impressed with the orthopaedic dept at the St. John's hospital in Livingston and the friendly nature of all the staff that dealt with me.

Brilliant news on the eyes-  that must be a major relief🙂

Hope you manage to get the knee sorted.

• Thumbs Up 1

Up early enough, and the sky clean enough that I finally was able to see the almost straight line alignment of four planets. Jupiter and Venus easy to see, Mars and Saturn less so. Thinking when I tire of the bright lights of Pattaya and move to the boonies of Kamphaeng Phet with my lady I'll invest in a nice telescope and spend my remaining years exploring the cosmos from my rocking chair.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Trying to get to sleep. 

Woke up Monday feeling awful, feverish, shivering while sweating buckets, and felt like I'd run a marathon. Must have slept about 18 hours a day Monday and Tuesday. 

Feeling a lot better now but have slept so much I'll probably be awake until tomorrow night. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Kamphaeng Phet with my lady I'll invest in a nice telescope and spend my remaining years exploring the cosmos from my rocking chair.

Not if it is sugar cane harvesting season you won't.

There is a large processing factory between Tamaklua and Kamphaengphet town so you will see diddly squat and have big black bogies up your nose all the time!!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Not if it is sugar cane harvesting season you won't.

There is a large processing factory between Tamaklua and Kamphaengphet town so you will see diddly squat and have big black bogies up your nose all the time!!

Well aren't you just a rosy, black bogies, ray of sunshine. :default_biggrin:

My lady has a house on the Ping River, half way between Kamphaeng Phet and Tak. And unfortunately, as you pointed out, there's a lot sugar cane fields in the area. This will be the view from my rocking chair overlooking the cane field on the neighbor's land to the north. I'll just have to tell me lady I'll need to escape to Pattaya during the burn season to protect my health. 

20130909_073740.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

My lady has a house on the Ping River, half way between Kamphaeng Phet and Tak. And unfortunately, as you pointed out, there's a lot sugar cane fields in the area. This will be the view from my rocking chair overlooking the cane field on the neighbor's land to the north. I'll just have to tell me lady I'll need to escape to Pattaya during the burn season to protect my health. 

20130909_073740.jpg

Whilst I am in happy clappy mood perhaps I should let you know that the Tak Dam was never properly repaired when a large crack appeared in it about 15 years ago ........

But in all seriousness I see that it is located on what us old-sweats call the "old road" with Route 1 being the "new road". Lovely area, mate! Beautiful drive to Umphang from there too!

Interestingly (or not!) the chair I sit in outside with back support was bought at one of the many wooden furniture shops on Route 1 just North of Kamphaengphet!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

20130909_073740.jpg

Any snakes ?   You can also tell her that you are afraid of them, and need a break from the stress.   lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

20130909_073740.jpg

You might want to think about other holidays away when the farmers are spraying the cane as well. 

Lovely view mind you 👍

Edited by Smiler
  • Like 1