What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Thinking the IoW has grown slightly....

20220827_143740.jpg

HMS Prince of Wales leaving Portsmouth.  Apparently it should have left on yesterday's tide, but due to mechanical issues had to wait a day.

Strangely,  it doesn't appear on my shipping app...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/26/2022 at 12:23 PM, Painter said:

Reports of a snake on the loose have caused me to escape land....

You'd do well to stay away from Bangkok too!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2378295/snake-encounter-reported-every-15-minutes-in-bangkok

Snakes are a much bigger problem in Bangkok than many people think. Just ask the staff at the 199 emergency hotline. On average, they say, they get a call for assistance with snakes every 15 minutes, with about 60,000 snake removals taking place each year.

• Surprised 1

It's when you spot them Charuwan in the rivers in Isaan you know blimey won't go paddling today..... 

Funny AJ last time I was in this place a massive snake fell off the roof on the right of your picture into the watchers .... proper bad one too .... pure panic ensued !!!

• Like 1

Just downloaded a short version of my travel insurance through my Barclays Additions Travel Pack, underwritten by Aviva. 

I am glad that I did, because the emergency number to ring from abroad has changed. Got the new number safely stored now.

Last time I made a claim was 12 years ago, I got over £3.5k in costs paid directly to the hospital when I had medical treatment for an accident in Thailand. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just downloaded a short version of my travel insurance through my Barclays Additions Travel Pack, underwritten by Aviva. 

I am glad that I did, because the emergency number to ring from abroad has changed. Got the new number safely stored now.

Last time I made a claim was 12 years ago, I got over £3.5k in costs paid directly to the hospital when I had medical treatment for an accident in Thailand. 

Don’t mention the accident…..😎

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have the travel pack too and you made me check the number, it is still the same as I have, but I noticed that there are a few levels of travel pack.

Do you have this number? +441603604976

57 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have the travel pack too and you made me check the number, it is still the same as I have, but I noticed that there are a few levels of travel pack.

Do you have this number? +441603604976

Yes, that's the number I have now.

The number I had before was before Aviva took it over. Just as well everything was OK on my trips a few years before as the previous contact number.must have changed without me checking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Waiting to treat daughter to Sunday lunch on my winnings from Fridays 1:15 race at Thirsk.

A niece had her second ever ride as an amateur on a horse named Secret Equity on  Friday and it won at 8/1 getting up by a short head at the line. Ellie did a fine job of riding the horse.

I watched her first ride on the same horse a few weeks ago when she came second only narrowly beaten. That good performance seemed to be ignored and I thought must  be worth an each way punt so would not lose anything if it came in the first three.

So I opened up my Sky Bet app which I have only ever used once before for three bets at the Grand National meeting. To my astonishment I found I was £50 in credit. I have no idea how I was in credit although it may be something to do with getting free bets when you join.

So I attempt to place a bet of £25 each way on Secret Equity but I am not used to the app and discover I have placed the full £50 to win at 8/1.

The horse duly wins and I pocket £450 in total including my stake I didn't know I had. Went into my bank yesterday. 

I would have won nothing if my daughter had not reminded me Friday morning that Ellie had a race that day.

Fantastic news, and amazing for your niece to win on only her second ever ride🙂

There's a replay here, I hope it is publically accessible 

https://www.racingtv.com/results/uk/407126-thirsk/26-Aug-2022/1315

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Fantastic news, and amazing for your niece to win on only her second ever ride🙂

There's a replay here, I hope it is publically accessible 

https://www.racingtv.com/results/uk/407126-thirsk/26-Aug-2022/1315

Thank you so much for sending that link.

I think I may have been the only one in the family who watched the race live. My daughter was with me at the time but she received a phone call about her son's vaccination appointment and missed the race. The same daughter missed Ellie's first race which was at Carlisle with covid although my son-in-law and grandson made that race.

My son-in-law also backed Secret Equity at 8/1 with a 50 pound EW bet as did various other family members.

We had a very enjoyable lunch yesterday at Bathgate Golf Club who do really excellent food and you always have to book at the weekends. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Last days diving around this beautiful coast before we go home.

The way they do the try dives here, people who have never dived before, is quite good. 

They explain everything, let them play around with equipment, masks etc under supervision. Then get them buckled up, again explaining everything. Once In the sea, the try divers hold on to the rope which is tied to rocks on the coast, holding the boat as well, and can then try the unnatural feeling of putting their face under water and can only breath through their mouth via the regulator while holding onto the rope, so they're in control and can just surface again as they want.

This then can go on for 5 or 15mins, depends how soon they get confident enough to try it under water moving around freely by letting go of the rope and holding on to an instructor's arm. 

Some love it, come back on the boat after their dive with 100 questions, can't wait until their 2nd dive. Some don't want to do their 2nd dive.

And for £25 for 2 dives, it's cheap as chips.

20220829_113224.jpg

image.jpg

20220829_113346.jpg

image.jpg

20220829_090117.jpg

20220829_094625.jpg

20220829_094629.jpg

20220829_094656.jpg

20220829_094646.jpg

image.jpg

20220829_113206.jpg

20220829_145753.jpg

20220829_090108.jpg

20220829_090042.jpg

20220829_143309.jpg

20220829_143500.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Krapow said:

The way they do the try dives here, people who have never dived before, is quite good. 

<snip>

Some love it, come back on the boat after their dive with 100 questions, can't wait until their 2nd dive. Some don't want to do their 2nd dive.

Do they require certification (eg, NAUI, NADI, etc.) for 'regular' dives after the intro?

Nice pics. Looks fun.