What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just got shouted at by a fake Buddhist Monk down by the National Museum in Phnom Penh. It's tourist central, think Grand Palace BKK.

Had spotted him 4 days earlier having a farang breakfast on 172 Street.  As likely as seeing the Pope breakfasting in Nana.

He said " Good Morning " with a greasy smile. I shook my head and he yelled in an obviously American accent " I DIDN'T ASK YOU FOR ANYTHING I JUST SAID GOOD MORNING "

No sign of Buddha at work there, just walked off laughing 😆 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Just got shouted at by a fake Buddhist Monk down by the National Museum in Phnom Penh. It's tourist central, think Grand Palace BKK.

Had spotted him 4 days earlier having a farang breakfast on 172 Street.  As likely as seeing the Pope breakfasting in Nana.

He said " Good Morning " with a greasy smile. I shook my head and he yelled in an obviously American accent " I DIDN'T ASK YOU FOR ANYTHING I JUST SAID GOOD MORNING "

Causing trouble again! 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Just saw a western guy aged about 60 , having lunch at the end of 136 , dressed up in the full monk costume ..

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just saw a western guy aged about 60 , having lunch at the end of 136 , dressed up in the full monk costume ..

Bald headed guy (err well he was a monk). Big guy, broader than yourself, had he stood up from the table he'd have been well over 6 feet?

6 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Bald headed guy (err well he was a monk). Big guy, broader than yourself, had he stood up from the table he'd have been well over 6 feet?

I'm not sure , maybe there's a few of them .. I should have taken a pic after seeing your post this morning 

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I'm not sure , maybe there's a few of them .. I should have taken a pic after seeing your post this morning 

Well in all seriousness, he turned very angry at the drop of a hat this morning. So be careful with the Camera

I'll admit I was laughing, but to be so thin skinned to turn angry at someone you are trying to con, cause they've shaken their head is quite something.

Saw him for a second time later. He came in the Big Easy, and went up to the bar to ask the manageress . He got at an angry shake of the head from her and he was off.

Guys playing a very dangerous game.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/26/2023 at 7:17 PM, Binlid said:

I had two stays at the Azure Centara hotel soi15 booked for Oct/Nov 2020 but had to cancel because of Covid. Unfortunetly it was a non-refundable booking and neither my credit card company nor my insurance would cough up because of the terms of the bookings, also the hotel at the time would not refund me despite the nice letter I wrote to them referring to the exceptional circumstances.

Middle of last month a receptionist at the hotel sent me 2 separate emails concerning each booking asking me to confirm my credit card details, she would like to repay the amounts I had paid. So 5 weeks later I have just checked my account and low and behold one refund of £228.89 and one of £264.71 have been deposited, needless to say this has restored my faith in human nature no end after me calling them a pile of cnuts at the time.:default_es0cw:

Decent place that I stayed last January for a few nights think there was a Russian girl working on reception.

If I make an appearance in Patts this month I won't hesitate to stay again.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, roomark said:

Decent place that I stayed last January for a few nights think there was a Russian girl working on reception.

If I make an appearance in Patts this month I won't hesitate to stay again.

Not stayed in the hotel before but have stayed in one of the ground floor apartments at the side of the pool, booked on Airbnb.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Thinking how thick is Matt Hancock. How much of a halfwit would you have to be to send all those messages to anyone, nevermind that nutter.

I'm probably sounding naïve saying this, but it amazes me that someone like Hancock was in one of the most powerful positions of Government. I had already thought that before all this latest shambles, but this takes it to a different level. 

On 2/27/2023 at 2:17 AM, Binlid said:

I had two stays at the Azure Centara hotel soi15 booked for Oct/Nov 2020 but had to cancel because of Covid. Unfortunetly it was a non-refundable booking and neither my credit card company nor my insurance would cough up because of the terms of the bookings, also the hotel at the time would not refund me despite the nice letter I wrote to them referring to the exceptional circumstances.

Middle of last month a receptionist at the hotel sent me 2 separate emails concerning each booking asking me to confirm my credit card details, she would like to repay the amounts I had paid. So 5 weeks later I have just checked my account and low and behold one refund of £228.89 and one of £264.71 have been deposited, needless to say this has restored my faith in human nature no end after me calling them a pile of cnuts at the time.:default_es0cw:

Very decent of you to post that info. And, very wise business decision on their part to refund you.

I think in regards to the entire covid debacle there will be many things relating to legal issues (big and small) that will take years to resolve. Of course many things  will never be properly addressed. Many of the things will be related to insurance and liability negotiations. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

3 day first aid course via work, haven't had one in 4 or 5 years, and pushed for this as it's a requirement for the Rescue Diver Course I'm thinking of doing in Krabi next month 😀 

20230302_100330.jpg

20230302_100324.jpg

I used to dread these first aid courses at work, especially in the old days when you had to bend over the dummies on the floor and do your hyperventilating - it's a wonder none of us ever passed out...at least now you can do it on a table top. A lot depends on the instructor, if they are cool it's not too bad but I've had a couple that could have passed as drill sargeants - not a lot of fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dtac, how long does a SIM last?

We were last in Thailand in June, and arriving again end of the month. Will they still work, or just buy new?

I remember years ago it was dependant on how long ago you put credit on it, but can't remember how long?

I think it would be May when we arrived, so near a year.

No biggie, just wondering ....

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Dtac, how long does a SIM last?

We were last in Thailand in June, and arriving again end of the month. Will they still work, or just buy new?

I remember years ago it was dependant on how long ago you put credit on it, but can't remember how long?

I think it would be May when we arrived, so near a year.

No biggie, just wondering ....

Still depend on how many times you add credit, I think, but once you built up a period of time it remains that...ie mine extends by a year every time I add credit to it, but a new sim will only add a month..... I think

You have a PM

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Seems you're always packing - you must enjoy it, 555....

A week here in party mode feels like a month. Lol.

Loving travelling around to different places. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

A week here in party mode feels like a month. Lol.

Loving travelling around to different places. 

Yes, my early trips i regret staying in Pattaya pretty much all the time.

But, to each their own ...

• Like 1