What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Had a good night's sleep lakeside. Temperature dropped down to 3 degrees and the Easterly wind is bitter, but I have a very good sleeping bag and throw over to keep me toasty.

It forecasted warm and sun for today and tomorrow, so far it hasn't materialised, so my choice to fish shallow water may prove to be a mistake. Hopefully it will warm up tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's been a very very busy day.

- It started off badly when the Baht bus drivers started fucking everybody about at the start point on Pattaya Tai. I know everybody will say that it's normal but at that point there are just too many Thai people to f**k about trying to get to work! (I began to think that Heeya is Thai for "thank you my friend I will take a motocye taxi"

- I'm staying in town for 2 nights so ended up walking up to Tucom carrying my backpack. I paid my Monthly rent (2,380 total) then popped in to buy some reading glasses but she isn't there any more. I then went to the TT exchange booth to buy pounds... but that isn't there any more either..

- Off I went down Soi Buakhao and decided to try the TT exchange by Katesiree. Yup they had pounds so I bought 40 quid. Job Done!..

- Checked in to my hotel which I'm very pleased with. They printed out all my documents for my trip to UK, the room has a brilliant high pressure hot/cold shower, aircon works perfectly, bif fridge freezer.....and it is very quiet...

- 4pm I headed out for my first real task...Dental Smile.. They fixed my chipped tooth, driiled it cleaned it filled it 1,200 baht.

- On the way back to room I popped into Kungs for a takeaway....Chow Mein with prawns, Singapore noodles with prawns and some chips. I am now in my room with a belly full of food washed down with two large glasses of Mont Clare .. with more to follow!!!

Good night !!!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

image.png

:default_party-smiley-048:

Spelling! Come on who cares about that, it's 2023

I just went to correct it, timed out apparently. Who would believe it....

Edited by Zambo
Correction
  • Haha 1

Been to mow my Dads lawns , strim the borders and do a bit of weeding .. four bags delivered to the green waste 

now spring cleaning my flat and setting up the sofa bed in my spare room .. my cousin and her husband are due over from Oz on Friday and I'll be giving up my room for a week , it's their first visit since she left aged 3 in 1965 ... so lots of touristy things next week 😎

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Zambo said:

Don't be so quick to talk for the rest of us. It's a slippery slope. Posters start with homonyms, but what's next? These aren't just grammer pet peeves they're linguistic blunders of the first order. I would shorten the edit window if possible, if anything too many BMs are slipping through the net.

Grammer is spelt grammar lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Been to mow my Dads lawns , strim the borders and do a bit of weeding .. four bags delivered to the green waste 

now spring cleaning my flat and setting up the sofa bed in my spare room .. my cousin and her husband are due over from Oz on Friday and I'll be giving up my room for a week , it's their first visit since she left aged 3 in 1965 ... so lots of touristy things next week 😎

I hope she's not expecting free milk !!!

• Haha 1

Unsuccessful day for me all round.

M&S in Central didn't have chinos in my size.

However, I got my revenge by farting all the way around the shopping mall. Very strong rotten egg farts from last night's Singapore noodles and chow mein from Kungs...

Magnificent!! Even the plastic plants started to wilt!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

However, I got my revenge by farting all the way around the shopping mall. Very strong rotten egg farts from last night's Singapore noodles and chow mein from Kungs...

Just come out of Central 5 mins ago,well had to get out actually before I was overcome by your toxic trail .🤮

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

All the Chinos your size probably ran away before you arrived. Lol

• Haha 1

Reminiscing that this time last year we were sat on the balcony wearing shorts... this year we all have sweaters on inside the clubhouse... and it's blowing a hooly outside....

20230504_105231.jpg

Edited by Painter
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, Painter said:

Reminiscing that this time last year we were sat on the balcony wearing shorts... this year we all have sweaters on inside the clubhouse... and it's blowing a hooly outside....

20230504_105231.jpg

Same for me fishing, I am sitting here mid day in my bivvy with thermals on, as well as my normal shirt and hoodie. 

Crazy cold for May.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Been a pretty chilly/rainy spring here in South Carolina too.

If the globe gets any warmer we're all gonna freeze to death!  :default_cold:

Just turned on the heat because  it was so cold this morning.  Outside it's 48 degrees F (9 degrees C) and raining.

Evil

• Confused 1

Just got back from my first walk in a while, been pissing rain here and cold, we had 27C almost a month ago, it’s been struggling to stay above 10C this week. Anyway, picked up my medicine & few groceries, on the way back paused at the train station for a Gatorade

IMG_1774.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

14 hours ago, boydeste said:

Same for me fishing, I am sitting here mid day in my bivvy with thermals on, as well as my normal shirt and hoodie. 

Crazy cold for May.

Suppose to be 102 degrees ( 39c)  both Sat/Sun here......great huh? It's brutal.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1