What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just checked Heathrow arrivals, EVA to take off pretty much on time thankfully, after the last debacle that we had to fly without our luggage. 

There's always some drama at the start of a holiday with me, not being able to get my money, no luggage etc etc. Tune in soon for this trip's f**k up 😂 

Started well, though, think I picked a decent hotel, plenty of Chinese, no drug taking or whoring, my kinda place! 

FB_IMG_1689750911202.jpg

• Haha 7

On 7/18/2023 at 9:48 AM, forcebwithu said:

The Indian Ocean gets hit with a fair amount of space debris, so my guess would be a satellite pressure vessel for propellant.

_130400159_unidentifieditem.jpg.webp

Found this site that has something similar in shape to the debris that washed ashore in Australia.
https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catalog/aerial-refueling/composite-space-pressure-vessels.html

image.jpeg

Looks like that old moonshine still kettle I was using a few years back when living down in the hollers of North Carolina. I'll be katty wonkered 

:default_drink:

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I went to Tukom this morning to fix my PC. I would like to say why, what and how much but can't be bothered as I'm still on mod watch .. (edited to remove profanity) 

Seems like rudeness there is the norm. I'm sure others in here have had no issues, but I recognized a pattern with their general attitude a while back.

I have learned that staying out of there whenever possible is best for me tech related issues, and overall mental health.

13 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Amazing the difference a few weeks makes ...

IMG_1069.jpeg

IMG_2220.jpeg

You're lucky. We've had so much wind here mine have either died or gone into hibernation.  Pulled a load of the dead ones up this morning and have replaced with some that are supposed to be more windproof...

3 minutes ago, Painter said:

You're lucky. We've had so much wind here mine have either died or gone into hibernation.  Pulled a load of the dead ones up this morning and have replaced with some that are supposed to be more windproof...

My balcony has been sheltered from the worst of the wind 💨, my strawberries didn't do anything, so I decided to get rid and have flowers instead 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/17/2023 at 7:48 PM, forcebwithu said:

The Indian Ocean gets hit with a fair amount of space debris, so my guess would be a satellite pressure vessel for propellant.

_130400159_unidentifieditem.jpg.webp

Found this site that has something similar in shape to the debris that washed ashore in Australia.
https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catalog/aerial-refueling/composite-space-pressure-vessels.html

image.jpeg

And you would be right, for solid propellent.

4 hours ago, CalEden said:

And you would be right, for solid propellent.

No, gas propellent. Link in my post had this...
image.png

And a few more pics of pressure containment vessels making it back to earth. Their shape helps them survive reentry somewhat intact.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just eating breakfast, then the long drive to central France.

Going to be busy with the kids breaking up today from School. 

Would be interesting to see a before and after pics of your packed van. Upon arrival to your destination and at departure. 

I'm just interested in how you do it. 

When I finally reach my current objectives (should be within a year, two at the most) I may be considering similar touring here in SE Asia. Although I do have to say most nights would be sleeping in comfortable cabin type accomidations.

• Like 1

Getting ready for a beer run down to the market. 5 pm approaching. Need to pick up a case of Chang, bottle of whiskey, a large bagutte.

I think today I will splurge a get a nice thick chuck stake along with a baked tater and a big spinich salad.

Time to get drenched in sweat. 

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Would be interesting to see a before and after pics of your packed van. Upon arrival to your destination and at departure. 

I'm just interested in how you do it. 

When I finally reach my current objectives (should be within a year, two at the most) I may be considering similar touring here in SE Asia. Although I do have to say most nights would be sleeping in comfortable cabin type accomidations.

Not much to see when loaded, it's full to the gunners. If I remember tomorrow I will take a picture before we unload.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

No, gas propellent. Link in my post had this...
image.png

And a few more pics of pressure containment vessels making it back to earth. Their shape helps them survive reentry somewhat intact.

image.jpeg

Thank you, I stand corrected. The case looks very similar to the propellent case used in the Minuteman III, which is a solid propellant missile, and also has to withstand tremendous amounts of pressure.   

Edited by CalEden

Nursing a slight hangover, just had breakfast, feel a bit better LOL! Going to hit Lumpini Park to see if I can shake out some more cob-webs. 2 of my buddies arrived from USA Tues night. First time here for both of them. They are both married, told their wives they were going to Japan on a business trip!  57 and 60 year olds, they have been living the dream through my many pics/trip reports over the years, it was their time to finally get here. 

Staying at Tai Pan Hotel, Soi 23, had dinner last night at “Little Italy” hit Soi Cowboy and the rest is history. First stop Baccara, they did everything I told them NOT to do. Get inside, within 10 minutes they had bought their favorite girls 3 LD’s already! I will say though, the girls they took LT were fine, "young and stacked"  I was left to fend for myself as they had the gals take them to  Vertigo Skybar. 6k LT for each they told me. Ahhhh to be a “noob” again huh? 

I met this “hostess” dressed all in black outside. Well….I shouldn’t be talking shit, over the course of the next 3 hours, we had 8 drinks each…4 outside and 4 upstairs. 190 baht for me Sangsom/Coke, 290 baht for her Gin/Tonic. Upstairs she brought her “A” game, few snoggles and things were getting fun as she was quite buzzed. 32 years old, Miss Da was fun, even an aging former “rock star” like me can still live in the past right? She would have been a great shag…..no doubt about it.

Will see what happens tonite……if I can find these guys LOL! 

IMG_8735.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Nursing a slight hangover, just had breakfast, feel a bit better LOL! Going to hit Lumpini Park to see if I can shake out some more cob-webs. 2 of my buddies arrived from USA Tues night. First time here for both of them. They are both married, told their wives they were going to Japan on a business trip!  57 and 60 year olds, they have been living the dream through my many pics/trip reports over the years, it was their time to finally get here. 

Staying at Tai Pan Hotel, Soi 23, had dinner last night at “Little Italy” hit Soi Cowboy and the rest is history. First stop Baccara, they did everything I told them NOT to do. Get inside, within 10 minutes they had bought their favorite girls 3 LD’s already! I will say though, the girls they took LT were fine, "young and stacked"  I was left to fend for myself as they had the gals take them to  Vertigo Skybar. 6k LT for each they told me. Ahhhh to be a “noob” again huh? 

I met this “hostess” dressed all in black outside. Well….I shouldn’t be talking shit, over the course of the next 3 hours, we had 8 drinks each…4 outside and 4 upstairs. 190 baht for me Sangsom/Coke, 290 baht for her Gin/Tonic. Upstairs she brought her “A” game, few snoggles and things were getting fun as she was quite buzzed. 32 years old, Miss Da was fun, even an aging former “rock star” like me can still live in the past right? She would have been a great shag…..no doubt about it.

IMG_8735.jpg

What do you mean ''WOULD have been'' 🤣

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

IMG_8735.jpg

Whatever you do; don't take them to Thermae.