What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I'm surprised you have'nt needed a replacement !!!

Interesting you say that, I had a new fan fitted a couple of years ago and the engineer was surprised there wasn't any rotting around the flu or burner area. Now the pressure switch problem, so I wonder what is next.

Thinking about getting a few quotes in the summer to see how much a new one would be and where they would fit it, as long as it lasts that long. Lol

• Like 4

20 hours ago, boydeste said:

Been waiting for a delivery of a new pressure switch for my boiler. It struggles to fire up after the pilot lights and the fan starts. There is a pressure switch to determine whether the fan is working and being 17 years old, I am guessing the internal diaphragm has lost a bit of flexibility. Once it has fired up and got some heat into the unit, it seems to work fine.

My problem will be when I shut the heating down to 8 degrees for my winter break, the likelihood is that it will fail.

So it has just arrived and after finishing my cup of coffee, I am going to strip the boiler down and attempt to replace the pressure switch. Unfortunately it looks like I am going to have to take most of it apart first. If I cock it up, it's going to be a cold night. LOL

Best of luck to mate. I'd fcuk it up for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just finished my packing .... not sure why , it's a few days until I go away ... I normally do it the day before 🤷‍♂️

'Tis the thrill of anticipation - and here's me with 2.5 months still ahead of me before I can jump on the plane...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2023 at 3:21 PM, boydeste said:

Interesting you say that, I had a new fan fitted a couple of years ago and the engineer was surprised there wasn't any rotting around the flu or burner area. Now the pressure switch problem, so I wonder what is next.

Thinking about getting a few quotes in the summer to see how much a new one would be and where they would fit it, as long as it lasts that long. Lol

You were hosed with dodgy building stuff that is difficult or overlooked on initial inspections.

Similar to what happened in my condo with the installment of the low grade piping that was hidden behind the walls.

Fcuking cnuts I would strangle the moth#r fcukers if I could get my hands on them.

You've already changed out the piping. Change out the furnace with a quality one. You won't regret it. 

Also.... when it comes to furnaces there is a significant safety factor. 

Get a carbon monoxide alarm also, might save your life one day. I have one in my house even though I don't have a furnace. CO2 can come from a variety of sources and creep up on you without you having a clue. Nighty night..... forever.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, maipenrai said:

'Tis the thrill of anticipation - and here's me with 2.5 months still ahead of me before I can jump on the plane...

Nothing like that sniff of Bangkok air when you first get off the plane. Gives me a fricken hard on every time.

• Like 2