What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

45 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Just had my latest Covid Jab. 🤗

I got in the car and warning came up that several tyres were under inflated! (why not tell me just how many and which feckin tyres are low?) but drove there anyway, it’s only 2 miles and got there and back safely. 
There’s always something or other to f**k up my day. 😡

Just about to put some of my wife’s beautiful, home made duck spring rolls into the hot air cooker, they’ll be ready in 10 minutes, just enough time to cut up some cucumber and dish up some sweet chilli sauce to accompany them. When I’ve had them, all will be right with the World again. 🤗

You bastard !

:default_061:

• Haha 1

Sitting in my hotel bar ... it was only me , until 12 Germans arrived, they were very nice , but all ordered cocktails, then paid the exact money.., no tips .. poor bartender was running around.. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not from a big tipping country , but really , I always leave a bit ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Absolutely bloody magnificent mate!!

I love how you can see both girls' happiness shining through their eyes.

Well done mate, you deserve all the enjoyment you are having now !!

Wonderful family !!

How cold were the temperatures while you were there? Did you have much wind at all? It looks like you were all pretty well bundled up for it.

Listening to the news/gossip, that a well-known hockey player in twilight of his career, has been shagging the separated Mom of this year’s top draft pick, and a generational talent, Connor Bedard

Big news on social media here, if I could compare to the footie….maybe Wayne Rooney hooking up with Mama Mbappe? The press would have a field day no? 

image.png

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Just going through my online banking and noticed that the government have paid me £500 Winter Fuel Payment. 
Thank heavens for that, now I can allow the wife to light a candle, instead of stumbling around in the dark. 😉

My mate in England got his today. Here in the outlands of Wales, I am still waiting. Looked on my bank statement and it was 08 December last year I got paid so may be a few days yet.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

How much is the bribe young man? 

19 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Interested to hear how it goes as I will be doing mine at the end of March in Udon Thani. The wife assures me it will be easy so naturally I am planning for a total f**k up.

Well in my case yesterday, it was 500 baht for the renewal, good for 5 years. I had to watch a 30 minute video on " safety" driving in Thailand..what a joke right? Then, had to go into the room where they put a few tests to you. Push the correct button when they flash yellow, green and red, then over to the driver table where you have 3 seconds to put on the brake when the light turns red. 

Really easy....

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Playing some poker then hockey starts, well if my pirate attempts work it does. Edmonton- Vegas should be a good one eh @Yessongs? Think we’ve won 5 of 7 it’s still early anything can happen….your team though good luck….you see that goal differential ? Not a statistic I track much, but never seen one that high ~ 2.5 goals a game

Oh well we are still going to a game in SJ one day, you’ll be my bodyguard against those Silicon Valley assassins targeting McDavid fans 

IMG_0111.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2023 at 9:18 PM, Horizondave said:

Who is Grace Dent?

This is news, she is a 'Star'. Who the fcuk is she?

I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! contestant Grace Dent has quit the show, filmed in bushland in New South Wales, and fled Australia.

The British food critic, 50, left camp on medical grounds shortly after she was voted to take part in her fourth bushtucker trial.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/star-quits-im-a-celeb-a-week-in-and-flees-australia/news-story/1e729fd2c8958fe9df1ce7aa74afb296

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Well in my case yesterday, it was 500 baht for the renewal, good for 5 years. I had to watch a 30 minute video on " safety" driving in Thailand..what a joke right? Then, had to go into the room where they put a few tests to you. Push the correct button when they flash yellow, green and red, then over to the driver table where you have 3 seconds to put on the brake when the light turns red. 

Really easy....

I take it you didn't have to do an online test or anything. I have heard at some places this is required.

Well it doesn’t get much more  exciting than this thrill seekers. A real “out there” adventure for the adrenaline junkies who like life on a knife edge……

14CEC4A8-F95C-4AB4-A352-DF7E585A3C3C.jpeg

Making “good luck” tokens for a family member’s forthcoming ceremony to become a monk. 

Each token contains 1 baht wrapped in a brightly coloured bit of fabric, held together by a laky band and even a ribbon for some.

I think I may have peaked too early - only another 234 to go.

Living the dream…..

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Well in my case yesterday, it was 500 baht for the renewal, good for 5 years.

Your licence is dated to your Birthday, so if you wait until the day after your Birthday your new one will be dated 5 years from your next Birthday, so it will be 1 day short of 6 years.

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, fygjam said:

I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! contestant Grace Dent has quit the show, filmed in bushland in New South Wales, and fled Australia.

The British food critic, 50, left camp on medical grounds shortly after she was voted to take part in her fourth bushtucker trial.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/star-quits-im-a-celeb-a-week-in-and-flees-australia/news-story/1e729fd2c8958fe9df1ce7aa74afb296

Maybe the jungle food offering wasn't to her liking......

6 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Maybe the jungle food offering wasn't to her liking......

Probably the bush oysters were a bit underdone.

(Bush oysters - kangaroo testicles collected from road kill. May also refer to ram or bull testicles).

On 11/28/2023 at 5:00 AM, thegrogmonster said:

Interested to hear how it goes as I will be doing mine at the end of March in Udon Thani. The wife assures me it will be easy so naturally I am planning for a total f**k up.

Got all the docs and it should be easy. I have done mine in Khon Kaen and it was like Piccadilly Circus on a Saturday, a total scramble and hours of waiting for all the different tests, videos.

I last did the renewal in September at the the Hua Hin office (Pranburi) and it was a breeze. Had to have an appointment and at 1100 when I arrived I was asked to hand all documents in for checking, a sit down for 10 minutes and then off to the testing area where just two of us were present (2 farangs). 

At about 1140, we were told to go off for lunch and come back at 1245 ready for our video. I went off to Tesco Food Court, had a feed and back to the testing centre. 5 of us watched the video which was 50 minutes of pretty gruesome 'lack of skills' driving. A short sit down and then up to the counter and pay the fee to receive the two driving licences valid for another 5 years (actually almost 6 as 5 years from next birthday which is next July).

Make sure you have a residence certificate for each licence, if getting both the car and bike. It is pretty straight forward process but I always get a little rattled before I go as I always think I might screw up on one of the tests. I think the periphery test was the one I was concerned about, but on the day it was simple.  

I was quite shocked that the residence certificate (2) was free, I am sure I paid for them when in Pattaya and Khon Kaen.

Good luck.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Probably the bush oysters were a bit underdone.

(Bush oysters - kangaroo testicles collected from road kill. May also refer to ram or bull testicles).

I think it might have been the sight of Nigel Farage eating a selection of animal penises that tipped her over the edge.