What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

35 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Dealing with damage at work since last night's storm which has caused massive damage. The Gold Coast railway line at this stage is planned to have replacement buses running for the next 2 days until the line repoens.

Saw the flooding in North Queensland on the the TV the other night. Terrible to see. 
So many homes lost and people homeless. 
I have family in Brisbane and Melbourne, who luckily haven’t been affected yet. 

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Nursing a hangover whilst trying to get some food inside me.

Ari, a licensed doctor in LA, revealed she takes vitamin B complex, magnesium and a folic acid supplement alongside an electrolyte drink, claiming it is “single-handedly the most effective way” to beat those awful morning-after symptoms.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/expert-explains-how-pharmacists-100-per-cent-effective-hangover-cure-works/news-story/d601e87d2bbe5e54f7b63e800dc5bb02

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Nursing a hangover whilst trying to get some food inside me.

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Ari, a licensed doctor in LA, revealed she takes vitamin B complex, magnesium and a folic acid supplement alongside an electrolyte drink, claiming it is “single-handedly the most effective way” to beat those awful morning-after symptoms.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/expert-explains-how-pharmacists-100-per-cent-effective-hangover-cure-works/news-story/d601e87d2bbe5e54f7b63e800dc5bb02

I've found just drinking a lot of water before I turn in, and every time I get up to pee during the night eliminates the worst of the hangover symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I've found just drinking a lot of water before I turn in, and every time I get up to pee during the night eliminates the worst of the hangover symptoms.

Yep. Usually does the trick. 

When the night ever comes that I don't get up to piss is the one I worry about.    lol

Thanks Force (bastard), you just gave me a horrible recall on a bad memory. But... it'll be material I will put on the pissing thread.

Just watching the footie on Amazon without any distractions. Dropped wife and daughter off 22 miles up the road in Merthyr, earlier this afternoon, they are away 2 nights at my wife's Thai friend's house.

Of course, I did say that family should be together over Christmas period, but like normal, my wife wants to stay with her mates on her days off.

I gave up protesting a long time ago. Nice to be solo though, had a beer and now on 19 Crimes red.

Haven't turned on the heating for about a week now, so mild.

Might open the M & S port later

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I was thinking of entering the world’s strongest bunghole competition next year.

Do it 

after 2 days of rich food especially Brussels I think I can enter the farting competition …..and win it 😂😂

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

I am currently 250km away from work at my holiday shack but am supervisor on call for work still. Spent at least 12 hours on the phone yesterday organising different teams to try and keep services going. Today I have a cable team pulling in 400m of underground fibre optic cable to replace the damged aerial cable. At first light we have a team walking 2kms up a mountain to manally start a generator as trees are everywhere across the access road. Another team will be on generator refuelling duties. 

I wasn't supposed to be on call over Xmas as I gave them 6 months notice I was going away. Due to a few issues they were not able to cover my call so they said I could do it remotely. Good being able to wear a pair of shorts drinking a few beers directing traffic from afar.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I'm sure the folks who you are helping certainly appreciate your critical guideance, both those you work with and the individuals who live in the area.

It is amazing what we can now do remotely with a PC. I made it through a year when here in lockdown. I was able to take care of all the issues on a cheap little HP travel PC. Although I had some very late nights working on things while "on hold" trying to get through to a human being on the phone. None of it was easy, but that little PC saved the day. I think I even once created a thread about it. I called it my little work horse. I've kept it more for odd sentimental reasons. I think the son of a bitch would still work today if I fired it up.

Cheers to you for the effort and time you are providing. Sometimes there can be a feeling for many that their work is not appreciated or recognized. Or, they only hear the negative stories, rarely giving notice to the sacrifices many make. Well, in this household what you are doing is appreciated. 

:default_bow:

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Stillearly said:

02:20.  It's very late / early to be doing that 😜

I didn't really unpack this time!

Just throwing a few things in the case before bed. I like to get up in the morning, shit, shower then go.

As it happened the taxi turned up whilst I was in the shower. 

On my way to HH now.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I didn't really unpack this time!

Just throwing a few things in the case before bed. I like to get up in the morning, shit, shower then go.

As it happened the taxi turned up whilst I was in the shower. 

On my way to HH now.

Have a safe trip brother !

• Thanks 1