What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 1/2/2024 at 10:49 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I would never turn down a chance just to see a 1950s Massey Ferguson Paraffin tractor running ..Preferably with the wheels covered in fresh cow shit !!!!!

For those on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/256238770071575/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A704778a7-5de4-4a78-9aa9-a8d1fdf4071b

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2024 at 4:00 PM, Nightcrawler said:

I had a feeling that you might

The bath was heaven. Do they still sell Matey?.

I went for Waterose luxury bath cream bath and a loofah sponge. 

I'm more than a bit unsettled that it actually has a passing resemblance to me.

Wouldn't be the first time you've shared a bath with a Sailor, eh? 😁😁😁

1625037496-1625037496-1.jpg

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Butch said:

I'm more than a bit unsettled that it actually has a passing resemblance to me.

Wouldn't be the first time you've shared a bath with a Sailor, eh? 😁😁😁

1625037496-1625037496-1.jpg

The old joke something along the lines of:

I'm not going on that ship again as all night the cabin boy was banging on the door. Finally I had enough so got up and let him out.

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Zambo said:

It's for the best,  in fact after i posted i regretted the invitation. I can't imagine what would happen if BMs (apart from boydeste) started to flood the forum with foot shots. Sleepless nights all round i guess. 

I always enjoy a good foot shot or an empty (after eaten plate of food) shot. Does wonders for the appetite !     

:default_dizzy:

On 1/2/2024 at 12:49 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I would never turn down a chance just to see a 1950s Massey Ferguson Paraffin tractor running ..Preferably with the wheels covered in fresh cow shit !!!!!

I remember as a little boy, watching a traction engine steam roller, rolling the newly laid asphalt on the road outside of our house when I was around 6 or so. 
The noise and smell was amazing to us kids. No cow shit though. 🤣

I still try to get to get to the Great Dorset Steam Fair each year if I can.

• Great Info 1

12 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

I remember as a little boy, watching a traction engine steam roller, rolling the newly laid asphalt on the road outside of our house when I was around 6 or so. 
The noise and smell was amazing to us kids. No cow shit though. 🤣

I still try to get to get to the Great Dorset Steam Fair each year if I can.

Yep... steam rollers were pretty cool to watch.

Thanks for the memory. Brought back an almost instantaneous, vivid image of sitting in my front yard watching the thing roll by after the truck laying the ashphalt. On a sunny summer day, grass green as could be. Like it happened yesterday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was based in Blandford for a couple of years and made it to the Stourpaine Rally whenever I could, back in the days of it being held in a muddy field... 77/78 ....

I went first when it was at Stourpaine. Fields full of mud halfway up my wellies, but great fun.

Had my first helicopter ride there and the back seat area was inches deep in mud as well. It was a bit like riding in a Reliant Robin, but not quite as noisy. 🤣

• Haha 1

We're planning a trip to Thailand in Feb so got to get mother into a care home.

I went to look at one today & I was very impressed with it.Allegedly not for profit it's going to be £1381pw.

Over 3 floors they had a lot of staff most of which seemed to be white English from the local area.

That's not me being racist that's me thinking of my 94yo mother.

On that subject she gets carers morning,noon & evening to administer her meds.They seem to be all foreigners,mainly from Africa.

Her meds are in dosette boxes & the sequence is clearly marked by day & time of day.It's not a difficult concept to adhere to.

I took this pic last week & sent it to the care agency(who incidentally charge us £50 per day for this).

Wankers!

IMG_5194.JPG

• Surprised 2

49 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

In cha am,took the girl to the naga statue situated just outside cha am,stayed at methavalai Hotel,well still here enjoying the sun.

1000039513.jpg

1000039577.jpg

1000039500.jpg

1000039484.jpg

1000039492.jpg

1000039529.jpg

1000039520.jpg

Looks like a great spot for a couple days of chillin, when I am down in HH next time. I will wait until I find the right little hottie and drag her up there with me.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, coxyhog said:

We're planning a trip to Thailand in Feb so got to get mother into a care home.

I went to look at one today & I was very impressed with it.Allegedly not for profit it's going to be £1381pw.

Over 3 floors they had a lot of staff most of which seemed to be white English from the local area.

That's not me being racist that's me thinking of my 94yo mother.

On that subject she gets carers morning,noon & evening to administer her meds.They seem to be all foreigners,mainly from Africa.

Her meds are in dosette boxes & the sequence is clearly marked by day & time of day.It's not a difficult concept to adhere to.

I took this pic last week & sent it to the care agency(who incidentally charge us £50 per day for this).

Wankers!

IMG_5194.JPG

Coxy,

Please PM me a short report on how the recon on that place goes. I am slowly researching places for if/when the time comes that I am unable to change my own depends. 

Working on wills, POA's and medical certs. now. Want to have a proper place in my instructions before my brain shrivels up into a ball of plastic string.

Getting ready to get my rhythm back since the holiday break (closing of the gym). 

Off on the bike ride to visit my meat shop and soi dog friends. Then to the gym. Then back home for a couple of Changs, a decent dinner, and a long sleep.

All is good when I am tapping my foot to the proper beat. It's all about the rhythm. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just picked up some new Adidas trainers at Next Outlet, in a January sale.

Reduced from £52 to £24. An absolute bargain I could not resist.

20240105_161912.jpg

I would have to agree, that is a damn good deal. I always expect to pay around $50-60 for a proper pair of trainiers (tennis shoes, we always used to call them). 24 pounds for a proper pair, that fit well and you like.... a real good bargain indeed.

• Like 1

Getting ready to drive to ao manao,as much as I like driving in Thailand(not in congestion citys)and I've done this drive many times on the pcx,being  Saturday I'm a bit apprehensive,1 night there will do,night market will be on tonight along the beach Rd so be busy,it's feeding the langur monkeys I'm looking forward to,and just chilling in general at the beach at wing 5,have a nice day guys.

1000037918.jpg

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 5