What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Had an assessor from my mum's soon to be respite care home visit her yesterday.No probs but then I had to go to her docs to get a printout of her medical record plus her DNR(do not resuscitate) order,I was anticipating problems as her surgery are not usually the most helpful but I was in & out in five mins.

If all goes to plan she goes in on Fri 9th Feb & we fly on the 13th🤞.

Five nights in BKK then up to the house in Korat.

It's often the follow-up infection issues that can/do fcuk them up.

Keep an eye on it mate.

Best wishes

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been to Kwikfit to get 2 new front tyres fitted to the EV, then on to the Dealership in Yeovil to get the car MOT’d and whilst I was there, I put down and order and deposit for the new EV car which should arrive at the end of April. Then I’ll SORN the old EV, stop the insurance policy and stick it into the garage, as it’s done just over 50k miles now and I fancy a change. 

Stupid system really, as EV’s don’t require VED, but you still have to tax it at Zero VED every year. 😡 After 2025 I believe I’ll be liable to pay VED of around £180 a year as per ICE cars.  
It was obvious that this government wasn’t going to allow EV owners to pay zero VED forever, despite what they promised years ago, the lying C***S 😡

I’ll still keep the Citreon diesel taxed, serviced and insured's, because we occasionally need two cars. 
All in all, an expensive day and it’s only midday. 😟

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Been to Kwikfit to get 2 new front tyres fitted to the EV, then on to the Dealership in Yeovil to get the car MOT’d and whilst I was there, I put down and order and deposit for the new EV car which should arrive at the end of April. Then I’ll SORN the old EV, stop the insurance policy and stick it into the garage, as it’s done just over 50k miles now and I fancy a change. 

Stupid system really, as EV’s don’t require VED, but you still have to tax it at Zero VED every year. 😡 After 2025 I believe I’ll be liable to pay VED of around £180 a year as per ICE cars.  
It was obvious that this government wasn’t going to allow EV owners to pay zero VED forever, despite what they promised years ago, the lying C***S 😡

I’ll still keep the Citreon diesel taxed, serviced and insured's, because we occasionally need two cars. 
All in all, an expensive day and it’s only midday. 😟

An EV ? Oh my, say it ain't so mate.

I know I'm fcuked up when I realize I throw my empty glass into the bin thinking it's a can. 

You know.... One of the good things about getting older, is giving a fcuk about most things.

Fcuked to the gills tonight guys. Glad all I have to do is drag my ass over to the bed. Feeli pretty damn good.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 5

Should be interesting; my mate bought his ticket yesterday (Wednesday) for his trip to Thailand this Sunday and also applied for his 60 day visa.  He is traveling Thai at 1150, and I am hopeful that he gets the visa, but it's a bit tight. Probably be a record if he gets it.

Have told him that he does need it before he arrives at immigration around midnight UK time Sunday, otherwise it could be £30 wasted.

15 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Should be interesting; my mate bought his ticket yesterday (Wednesday) for his trip to Thailand this Sunday and also applied for his 60 day visa.  He is traveling Thai at 1150, and I am hopeful that he gets the visa, but it's a bit tight. Probably be a record if he gets it.

Have told him that he does need it before he arrives at immigration around midnight UK time Sunday, otherwise it could be £30 wasted.

Needs a printed version I think , so preferably before he leaves home to go to the airport... 🤷‍♂️

Woke up to a nice surprise…..the provincial lottery mafia misses my old deposits and sent me a fiver….yippee! Turned it into $5.50 & playing a tourney for a guaranteed $250…..hopefully everyone has day jobs and nobody else registers 

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

An EV ? Oh my, say it ain't so mate.

I can say it ain’t so, but I’d be lying through my teeth. 😜

In my defence, it’s gotta be the best drive I’ve ever had and I’ve driven a lot of good cars. 
Plus, by charging it at night on very cheap electric (5p per kWh) and getting around 5 miles per kWh, the cheapest to fuel as well. 

Sorry. 😇

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I know I'm fcuked up when I realize I throw my empty glass into the bin thinking it's a can. 

You know.... One of the good things about getting older, is giving a fcuk about most things.

Fcuked to the gills tonight guys. Glad all I have to do is drag my ass over to the bed. Feeli pretty damn good.

There's one bleary eyed morning that stands out in my hazy memory of things gone wrong. It was the morning I put coffee grounds in the cup and sugar in the espresso maker. Finally caught on something was wrong when the stream of hot water coming out of the espresso machine was clear rather than the rich brown color of my normal wake up juice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

There's one bleary eyed morning that stands out in my hazy memory of things gone wrong. It was the morning I put coffee grounds in the cup and sugar in the espresso maker. Finally caught on something was wrong when the stream of hot water coming out of the espresso machine was clear rather than the rich brown color of my normal wake up juice.

We all have our bad days mate. Once left the kettle on.... forgot about.

Burnt the fcuking thing up.

21 hours ago, boydeste said:

Playing in a big high roller 10 ball competition today.

Be a good day to find some form. 

Played poorly Tuesday,  so there is some hope.

Plus with 10 ball, it is call pocket, so it takes a lot of the luck out of the game like you can get from 9 ball.

Some big names Playing today, including the 2 best lady players in Thailand. 

Played fairly average for me. Lost my first match 8 to 7 after snookering myself on the 8, jumping over the 10 ball, potted the 8 and the white went in. Oh hum!

The second game I got hammered by a guy playing very well.

Both guys were giving me a start, so way better than me.

One came 3rd and the other came 4th in the comp.

Was a good night watching some of the elite play whilst enjoying Beer Loa dark.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Played fairly average for me. Lost my first match 8 to 7 after snookering myself on the 8, jumping over the 10 ball, potted the 8 and the white went in. Oh hum!

The second game I got hammered by a guy playing very well.

Both guys were giving me a start, so way better than me.

One came 3rd and the other came 4th in the comp.

Was a good night watching some of the elite play whilst enjoying Beer Loa dark.

Beer Lao Dark - the nectar of the gods.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Beer Lao Dark - the nectar of the gods.

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I prefer Beer Lao IPA, and that is indeed what I consider "The Nectar".

I drank both last night as they ran out of Dark.

Even the light is drinkable. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I drank both last night as they ran out of Dark.

Even the light is drinkable. 

Did you realise that the Dark is 6.5%? It's lovely but I tend to go for the lager at 5% and finish on a Dark. Both way, way better than the standard Thai beers.

• Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Needs a printed version I think , so preferably before he leaves home to go to the airport... 🤷‍♂️

Well, maybe a record but my mate got his e-visa last night. Applied 1100 Wednesday, email with e-visa arrived 1830 on Thursday. That's a pretty good service.

He is well chuffed as he believed he had applied too late, but a big smile on his face now.

• Thumbs Up 4