What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

A great start to my day today - no water in my wing of the condo building; I'd seen notices of this but the diagram they had seemed to me to indicate a different floor - no such luck, it's been off since 0900 and may be until 1700. I have to say that I'd much prefer a power failure to water failure - I can still shower, use the toilet and wash dishes in poor light; we  take these services so much for granted but it's sure an adjustment when we lose them...

During the time I stayed there they had breakdown in their "power" room. They had to order a massive part that took three days for them to get. Power was out throughout the building for all of that time.

It was Dog awful.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I mentioned that we had a 4 hour power cut here on Sunday and that the previous 4 or 5 days were blisteringly hot. Well, whilst the power was off, M'Lady's sister called to say that she needed the car to take her 18 year old daughter to hospital. 

Apparently she had been pumping herself with Paracetamol for days to deal with her heat induced headaches but (as I expected) it has f***d up her kidneys.

M'Lady is spending the day at the hospital with her.

I am Home Alone with a couple of defrosted Lamb Chops so I'm gonna be enjoying the afternoon !!

Sounds like some of us are having joyful times. I got the shits, bad. Picked up some antibiotics in Patts, I was in a hurry. They were shit.

Just went down to my local and got some top quality Pfizer zitromax.

Curling up on the couch now. Thank Dog I have power though. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

During the time I stayed there they had breakdown in their "power" room. They had to order a massive part that took three days for them to get. Power was out throughout the building for all of that time.

It was Dog awful.

In March of 2020 I was staying in View Talay 2A in Jomtien and something happened that blew out the underground power lines into the building and caused a lot of damage to aerial facilities out on the road too - we were without power for over two days there as well - they finally had to cut a bunch of trees down to make way for a new aerial feed into the premises instead. It was a pain in the butt but could have been worse - we had a generator running  to provide one elevator and the water was still on; my room was on the windward side so with the doors propped open it was cool enough to sleep at night and I could still shower and wash dishes and I had a headlamp so could still move around and read okay. 

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

In March of 2020 I was staying in View Talay 2A in Jomtien and something happened that blew out the underground power lines into the building and caused a lot of damage to aerial facilities out on the road too - we were without power for over two days there as well - they finally had to cut a bunch of trees down to make way for a new aerial feed into the premises instead. It was a pain in the butt but could have been worse - we had a generator running  to provide one elevator and the water was still on; my room was on the windward side so with the doors propped open it was cool enough to sleep at night and I could still shower and wash dishes and I had a headlamp so could still move around and read okay. 

Cluster fcuk buddy.

Playing in the Champions of Champions tournament today, having qualified earlier in the month.

Been playing very inconsistent this trip, so not very confident of going deep. 

Really enjoy the challenge though! Lots of very good players in the field. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

26 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Booking a hotel in Hua hin 

Enjoying our time here. First time back since August 2018. I like the place 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Playing in the Champions of Champions tournament today, having qualified earlier in the month.

Been playing very inconsistent this trip, so not very confident of going deep. 

Really enjoy the challenge though! Lots of very good players in the field. 

Managed to win my first game 8 to 5 against a better player.

Played fairly well and got lucky a couple of times. 😇

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just won my 2nd game 7 to 4, giving him a 4 start.

Very difficult, miss a ball at the wrong time and it's curtains. 

Got lucky a couple of times again too!

Qualified now for the final knock out stage. Hopefully get lucky with the drawer. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Just won my 2nd game 7 to 4, giving him a 4 start.

Very difficult, miss a ball at the wrong time and it's curtains. 

Got lucky a couple of times again too!

Qualified now for the final knock out stage. Hopefully get lucky with the drawer. 

Good luck mate!

I'm dozing off to sleep now but look forward to seeing good news when I wake up !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Good luck mate!

I'm dozing off to sleep now but look forward to seeing good news when I wake up !!!

I made it to the last 16, then met one of the top players. 

I got a 4 start, race to 8.

Sat and watched him pot all of the balls, over and over. Lol

Beat me 8 to 6.

Top 8 got paid, so dipped out again.

Beer time!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

After dinner last night, wifey and I went over to see Phil. Was going to go tonite. Good decision as he is leaving today for Dallas,Texas. Tells me his is fascinated by the JFK assassination and is going to see it up close and personal. He will be on the "grassy knoll" in 2 days. 

Have not seen Phil since Sept 2018, we did alot of catching up over the hour we were there. Great guy, talked music, concerts, health, and of course girls. 

IMG_2428.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

I made it to the last 16, then met one of the top players. 

I got a 4 start, race to 8.

Sat and watched him pot all of the balls, over and over. Lol

Beat me 8 to 6.

Top 8 got paid, so dipped out again.

Beer time!

Really good to hear you getting back into the saddle mate.

• Thanks 1

Was laughing yesterday at the quiz program, Tipping Point.

Ben asks the question 'which country is the sacred site of Mecca located'. The two girls competing for the final both answered incorrectly. One said Pakistan and the other said, Israel, wow. Ben looked a bit embarrassed. I just thought to myself, now there will be a fatwa sent out on the contestant. Of all the countries to offer up as an answer, I think Israel may not be a good one.

Reminds me of working in Brunei (a strict Islamic nation) and my boss (in Singapore) says this month the airline (BA), will be concentrating on pushing Israel as a destination. Of course I let him know that this is impossible to market, advertise in Brunei and told him to offer up another country to market. I was knocked back and told to do my best and the bunting, advertising boards etc., will be arriving. I again told him this is crazy, do not allow head office to send anything to me. He told me I had to abide by what I was tasked with.

A few days later I am hauled in the Ministry of Religious Affairs and threatened with arrest and expulsion from the country. BA had sent the advertising etc., via Singapore and was immediately held by customs and subsequently destroyed. It was very embarrassing for me as BA Manager and I had my house raided by the ministry on 2 occasions shortly after that. Luckily it was only a few months before my posting finished, the representation of BA in Brunei ended less than a year later.

Common sense left British Airways marketing many years ago and it hasn't got any better.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4
  • Surprised 2

Just heard a Eurofighter Typhoon go over the house at 9000'. Unfortunately, due the appalling weather I couldn't see it, but I knew from the noise, it was a fighter jet.

It has come from RAF Coningsby and no doubt will head back there. Up at 19000' now.

Screenshot_2024-04-10-11-05-28-94_8a6ce7ef6b1c5341b022b20d7fbb4b6e.jpg

• Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Was laughing yesterday at the quiz program, Tipping Point.

Ben asks the question 'which country is the sacred site of Mecca located'. The two girls competing for the final both answered incorrectly. One said Pakistan and the other said, Israel, wow. Ben looked a bit embarrassed. I just thought to myself, now there will be a fatwa sent out on the contestant. Of all the countries to offer up as an answer, I think Israel may not be a good one.

Reminds me of working in Brunei (a strict Islamic nation) and my boss (in Singapore) says this month the airline (BA), will be concentrating on pushing Israel as a destination. Of course I let him know that this is impossible to market, advertise in Brunei and told him to offer up another country to market. I was knocked back and told to do my best and the bunting, advertising boards etc., will be arriving. I again told him this is crazy, do not allow head office to send anything to me. He told me I had to abide by what I was tasked with.

A few days later I am hauled in the Ministry of Religious Affairs and threatened with arrest and expulsion from the country. BA had sent the advertising etc., via Singapore and was immediately held by customs and subsequently destroyed. It was very embarrassing for me as BA Manager and I had my house raided by the ministry on 2 occasions shortly after that. Luckily it was only a few months before my posting finished, the representation of BA in Brunei ended less than a year later.

Common sense left British Airways marketing many years ago and it hasn't got any better.

Where is Mecca located?