What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Only saw them once in the early 90's at the Silver Clef awards, Knebworth and were they good. I was a regular at The Brook Southampton which was a great smallish live music venue and many tribute bands appeared there, my favs were The Hamsters, great TB who did loads of Jimi Hendrix songs.

image.jpeg

I saw Focus there a few years ago,also Roger Chapman,Family lead singer.Good venue.

Also saw The Hamsters at the Horns,Watford,another good music venue but closed at the moment,supposed to be re-opening soon.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Were Edgar Broughton the support act?

I woz there.

They were indeed. Kevin Ayers as well on line up. Can't remember the other bands.

It was a time when I was trying to be the man and I smoked a few St Moritz menthol cigarettes, that combined with crisps, bananas, sandwiches and coca cola, made me as sick as a dog. It required a trip to the toilets well away from the concert venue, and by the time I got back an area was being kept well away from by those watching, I suppose vomit isn't something people want to be near to.

I do remember people shouting 'Wally' a lot, may be that was directed at me. A lot of cans of fizz or beer were being thrown, we were odd in the 70s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

They were indeed. Kevin Ayers as well on line up. Can't remember the other bands.

It was a time when I was trying to be the man and I smoked a few St Moritz menthol cigarettes, that combined with crisps, bananas, sandwiches and coca cola, made me as sick as a dog. It required a trip to the toilets well away from the concert venue, and by the time I got back an area was being kept well away from by those watching, I suppose vomit isn't something people want to be near to.

I do remember people shouting 'Wally' a lot, may be that was directed at me. A lot of cans of fizz or beer were being thrown, we were odd in the 70s.

I remember when Edgar Broughton were doing Out Demons Out everyone was chanting Out Skinheads out.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Sat in The Kitchen in Lamai having just received my litre of Chang, now waiting for our starters to arrive.

20240428_185045.jpg

Top Ten in Lamai is excellent for Thai food if you haven’t already been. Had some great curries there.

• Like 3

Had a lazy day catching up with various stuff on the net.

Ordered a few bits and bobs the last couple of days.

Star of the show are Gillette, I ordered 24 mach 3 blades yesterday and they arrived today by RM parcel delivery.

I wasn't expecting that.

Trying to decide whether to get off my sorry ass and go for a walk before starting on a bottle of red. The weather is so shite it's hard to get motivated, plus the snooker has just come back on.

• Thumbs Up 4

17 hours ago, richy65 said:

I'd forgot about The Hamsters, saw a few of their gigs around Dudley, fantastic.

They were regulars at The Brook and i never missed their appearances, i even bought a couple of their CD's. ''Slim'' their lead guitarist/vocalist was a very talented guy. Sadly they have now retired.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Coffe on the balcony, I'm heading to am manao for the day,feed the langurs,chill at the beach for a few hours,i was hoping the mountain was open today to climb up there,according to website its not otherwise would have stayed there last night and up early this morning.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You'll be able to see what's on there next season when Saints play there away .........

Yes indeed, we imo are not ready for a return to the PL YET, we ain't good enough at the mo. My christ Saints and Pompey playing against each other, big trouble is on the horizon :default_party-smiley-048:

• Haha 1

Just now, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes indeed, we imo are not ready for a return to the PL YET, we ain't good enough at the mo. My christ Saints and Pompey playing against each other, big trouble is on the horizon :default_party-smiley-048:

Na Mate... My words will come to bite me in the ass for sure !!

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2024 at 8:02 AM, Yessongs said:

Anxiously waiting for Fed X to arrive. They called me last night and told me my lens I bought from B&H photo out of New York will be here today. 

$1,510 Baht import fees, Vat etc will be due of course...

Geeked up LOL! 

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens

BH #CA241054LIS2 • MFR #1380C002

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens

Excellent photos you posted in your Testing Out My New Lens topic. And good choice on your new lens. Of the lenses I own, my Nikkor 18-140mm is the one that gets used most often.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Stopped at amazon just up the road from this accident,was only a matter of time i see sonething like this not sure if anyone else injured or dead,only 1 lying on the road,traffic 3 lanes was go slow practically stppoed so knew it was an accident,feel need to stop as my mind is still trying to figure out what the hell happened,for the car to be facing that angle doesn't make sense in relation to the body.

Can only think he hit sonething going real fast,car rolled a few times,he was thrown.

20240429_142432.jpg

20240429_142824.jpg

20240429_142534.jpg

20240429_142915.jpg

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Sad 7

9 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Saw Family at Portsmouth Guildhall in the late 60's/early 70's, i enjoyed.

They held a 2 night reunion concert at Shepherds Bush a few years ago,I went to the second one,absolutely magic!

• Thumbs Up 3

Early on at sunset I had a drive up to hin lek fai for it,the monkeys were all over the car park tho so never left the bike as last time I did they munched on my seat and had to get a new one,looks the same for this guy.

20240429_181422.jpg

20240429_180905.jpg

20240429_181441.jpg

20240429_180617.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
  • Surprised 4

43 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Yeah Nikon makes great equipment too......the technology these days is amazing as far as these DSLR's and Lenses. Are you happy with your Nikon?  

We have come a long way since I first bought my first camera 50 years ago in 1974...Minolta SRT 101....scraped by as a struggling college student to buy a "Vivitar" 135MM lens for concerts...can never forget using a roll of 36 Kodak Ektachrome film back in the day.  The challenge was after you took your first 36 pictures, could you unload it at a concert, and re-load your next roll of film without dropping it LOL! Yeah and a few "bong hits" didn't help either LOL! 20 or so years ago, Costco started taking slides and transferring them to a CD....

Glad I survived all of it back in the 70's...these concert pics and others are priceless to me.

I have the Nikon D3300 that I bought years ago. For the amatuer work I do I'm very happy with it.

Like you I've enjoyed photography since my HS days. Even had a darkroom in my parent's basement.

Most days I use my waterproof Olympus Tough TG-5. The Nikon gets used when I want to take shots at night, long distance photos, and hash shirt photos. I have a makeshift studio setup in a spare bedroom for the shirt photos. Those get posted to the hash shirt webpage (link).

P4300003.jpg

Do you do anything to protect your gear from the heat and humidity when not in use? That was a big concern of mine as only two bedrooms in my home have A/C, which only gets turned on when we're in the room.

To protect my gear I bought a dry cabinet (link) which seems to get the job done. After buying one I realized I should be storing a few bits of other electronic gear in the cabinet, so bought a larger one to hold everything. If anyone is interested, the smaller, 30L cabinet on the top shelf in the pic below is for sale.

P4300006.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Yeah Nikon makes great equipment too......the technology these days is amazing as far as these DSLR's and Lenses. Are you happy with your Nikon?  

We have come a long way since I first bought my first camera 50 years ago in 1974...Minolta SRT 101....scraped by as a struggling college student to buy a "Vivitar" 135MM lens for concerts...can never forget using a roll of 36 Kodak Ektachrome film back in the day.  The challenge was after you took your first 36 pictures, could you unload it at a concert, and re-load your next roll of film without dropping it LOL! Yeah and a few "bong hits" didn't help either LOL! 20 or so years ago, Costco started taking slides and transferring them to a CD....

Glad I survived all of it back in the 70's...these concert pics and others are priceless to me.

74437848-SLD-001-0010.jpg

74437848-SLD-001-0034.jpg

EC 1974 Cow Palace.jpg

Phil Collins.jpg

R34.jpg

Yes.1978.jpg

Zeppelin 1977.jpg

74437848-SLD-001-0011.jpg

2-18-2006-27.JPG

R1-0.JPG

2-18-2006-01.JPG

R1-8.JPG

R1-14.JPG

R1-20.JPG

R1-2.JPG

Some legends there ! Great pics again.👍

• Thumbs Up 1

I have somehow become a watermelon farmer now too... I have about four plants spidering their way aimlessly in all directions and I now have four or five watermelons growing quite big now..

The thing is M'Lady insists that she didn't plant any!

My theory is that they came from a cow's arse!

Y'see I mentioned about a month ago that I was distributing sacks of manure around the orchard for M'Lady to empty out for planting. These sacks are from her sister's cows next door and I've seen her brother feeding them watermelons!!

I don't care as long as they taste nice !!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have somehow become a watermelon farmer now too... I have about four plants spidering their way aimlessly in all directions and I now have four or five watermelons growing quite big now..

The thing is M'Lady insists that she didn't plant any!

My theory is that they came from a cow's arse!

Y'see I mentioned about a month ago that I was distributing sacks of manure around the orchard for M'Lady to empty out for planting. These sacks are from her sister's cows next door and I've seen her brother feeding them watermelons!!

I don't care as long as they taste nice !!!

Just watch out for these.

y2dy2fzgluapwfd8m9lvgw.jpg

The cow shit/seed excuse explanation may not cut it.

• Haha 5