What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

So you are allowed time off work (paid) to earn more money doing another job. That sounds like a no brainer and worth doing.

Indeed!

Only if you work for the Local Authority, as they organise the election, and nearly everyone working it works for the Local Authority.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Indeed!

Only if you work for the Local Authority, as they organise the election, and nearly everyone working it works for the Local Authority.

Your borough ain't going bust is it lol

We're supposed to vote for 3 representatives for the Borough Council. I have 8 names to chose from. Problem is, s none of them have written, or called, I have no idea what any of them are standing for, and the 3 shit-stirring motor-mouths on fakebook's names don't happen to appear on my ballot paper.

Strange that....

On 12/13/2023 at 6:27 AM, Stillearly said:

Just booked another Thailand trip ... for Oct 2024 - returning early Dec

It's much further ahead than I would normally look , but I was just checking prices to compare with my recent trip and my next one ...and I saw Etihad Business, good connection times for £2,170  .... I do prefer direct , but that was too good to ignore .. 

Flew Ethihad Abu Dhabi to BKK today.

2.5 hour lay off and then had to wait ages for a crappy little shuttle bus. An hour late taking off, but they have built so much slack into the timetable it was on time!!!

Thought the seats, entertainment system and food were excellent. Going to try Emirates next time. The transfer was so shambolic I'd be loathed to use them again.

2.5 hour lay over and you still don't get an air bridge. Thai airways at BKK way better at shuttling passengers.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

This was/is organised chaos.

Certainly not when we done it. Picked from the hotel, straight to the boat. Nice food, disco, nice views. 

It was around the time of the Gangnam style tune. There was loads of Koreans on the boat, the tune came on, they all went nuts on the dance floor, was hilarious.

Maybe depends who you book with. But we've actually been thinking of doing it again. Was definitely good when we did it, though it was when I got married, over 10 years ago. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Your borough ain't going bust is it lol

No, we're all good. They're actually talking about expanding our team. 

Boris Johnson turned away from polling station after forgetting ID

London: Former British prime minister Boris Johnson was turned away from a polling station when trying to cast his vote in the local elections after he forgot to bring acceptable photo ID.

Johnson, who introduced the contentious new laws mandating photo ID when voting while he was in Downing Street, was reportedly trying to cast his ballot in South Oxfordshire, where a police and crime commissioner for the Thames Valley was being selected.

https://www.watoday.com.au/world/europe/boris-johnson-turned-away-from-polling-station-after-forgetting-id-20240503-p5foln.html

• Haha 6

On 5/2/2024 at 11:10 AM, fygjam said:

Just stabbed myself in he finger with a knife. First injury I've had like this since I've been on Apixaban (three years). Fuk it bled.

Don't know if it went down to the bone although it was a boning knife I was using at the time.

image.png

File photo

They do have very sharp points.

I have a bad habit of slicing a finger at the worst possible time. Also cracking my head open on a tree limb, door or other object. Doesn't hurt much but dealing with the blood is an issue.

I will never forget one night in Hong Kong. Was having a brilliant drunk fest at a live music bar. As I approached the toilet the door flew open just as I was bending down to open it. Split open my forehead, blood splattering everywhere. Luckily this happened at the end of the last set.

Someone helped me to stop the blood and I was good to go. I still wanted to continue to drink and hit a girlie bar. The bouncers at the other bar would not allow me in, and they were dickheads about it. Suggesting I had been fighting. 

• Surprised 1

2 hours ago, Binlid said:

Sunsetting from the 78th floor of King Power's  Maha Nakon.20240503_182329.jpg

The lift up there's class, eh, super fast, and the optics!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2